600 miles service check up

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2016
Color: silver

Re: 600 miles service check up

Post by big bear »

it says in my owners manuel to change the trasmission oil every 2 years
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

At around 600 I did the oil change and cleaned the oil pump strainer. Had to remove the screw and clip for the rear emergency brake cable to make it easier to remove the cap (it allows you to slacken the cable to get the socket in and remove the cap more easily). That said I'm not sure if the cable routing is the same on the new 2019 . . . the 2019 has the brake lock on the right side of the leg shield. Mine was a 2017 and had it on the left. Found a little bit of cloth fuzz in the screen. Just cleaned it off and reinstalled.

I did not adjust any valves . . .. Figured I'd get to it at 4000 miles if I kept it.

I changed the final drive oil as well. The manual does say to replace it every two years but on a new machine I thought it would have been better to have done it sooner rather than later. Easy job and very little oil to replace. I found "Homie's" videos on youtube very helpful. He used to post here . . .. :geek:

Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

About my previous post -

Please note that I'm not sure if the drain bolt location is exactly the same on the new 2019 PCX 150 as it was on previous model years. Best to get a Service Manual if you don't already have one for performing maintenance now and in the future. If a job seems too difficult you can always bring it to a Honda dealer and the work will be recorded for your warranty. :geek:
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Transmission oil is usually every two years for a PCX, the mileage doesn't matter.
If the service schedule in the manual supplied with your scooter doesn't list a valve clearance check at 600 miles, there's no need to do one.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong