This may be goodbye

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

fantasy2c
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

This may be goodbye

Post by fantasy2c »

The forum here is great Alot of great, helpful people. Learned Alot but may be saying goodbye. Going to look at a 2008 burgman 400 tomorrow as the pcx is just to small and light for sustained riding above 55 mph.. Plus the added storage of the b400 will be great for summer time garage sailing. Was a great scoot tho but will probably sell since I don't want to pay insurance on two bikes. Just wanted to say thanks to all who have helped and wish you all the best
2015 pcx with NYC variator and faceplate and 13g NYC rollers
k2apache6.0
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Re: This may be goodbye

Post by k2apache6.0 »

All the best, enjoy the Burgman :)
My PCX mod build here..
http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7113
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

It has been a pleasure having you aboard. I fully understand the desire for something a little larger on that side of the pond. My PCX does me wonders here in Bangkok, but I felt the need for something larger when I am in the US, so I got the '09 Yamaha Majesty 400. It is great for open country riding.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
fantasy2c
Regular User
Regular User

Post by fantasy2c »

kramnala58 wrote:It has been a pleasure having you aboard. I fully understand the desire for something a little larger on that side of the pond. My PCX does me wonders here in Bangkok, but I felt the need for something larger when I am in the US, so I got the '09 Yamaha Majesty 400. It is great for open country riding.
I test rode one of those last week and it was a nice bike. The one I rode was beat on, the oil smelt like fuel so I didn't buy it and wanted the extra storage the b400 has as well but really enjoyed the majasty. Felt really good going down the road even in 15-20 mph winds we had that day. I really enjoyed the pcx. Bought it in the fall of 2015, and here in Michigan got cut short with winter but put 4,700 fun miles on which is more then Alot of people put on their motorcycles in that time lol.
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Mine was in mint shape and only had 4,000 miles on it. Pretty much like new. Because of its age the dealer even put new tires on it because the original rubber was dry and cracked.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I had a Burgman 400 before I bought the PCX. I loved it. I put a GIVI windshield on it for extra protection and a tailbox. Then it was ready for travel, and it was a great traveler. On the highway it was smooth and stable, even with a passenger. I only traded it in, with much trepidation, because most of my riding is now closer to home, which means in town. The PCX is easier to park and easier to maneuver in town. But highways are not its best place to be. Country roads are great because we don't have to go beyond 55 mph, and mostly stay at 45 mph. The Burgman does all of that and more, but doesn't park very easily in town. I had to choose because I could only have one bike. I hope you find as much joy in owning the Burgman as I did.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Passing the Hay to the Stallion?

Boooohoooo :( I'm feeling sad saying goodbye. Should I wish you good luck and all that caring stuff that goes with it? :roll: hmm...let me think a moment :geek:
Moment up - Yes, of course!! I wish you All the Great Stuff that makes You Smile, but please think Safety first n always.

I have a last request before you ride away on your Burger (and I'm thinking today's the day).

Please post a pic or two of your new 400 stallion. I need to see what drew your attention away from your now pouting White pony :cry:
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

fantasy2c wrote:Bought it in the fall of 2015, and here in Michigan got cut short with winter but put 4,700 fun miles on which is more then Alot of people put on their motorcycles in that time lol.
Met a work colleague of mine in town today, he had just dropped off his one year old bike for a service.
I asked him what service it was in for, "annual" was the reply.
I asked how many miles he had done on it, "1500"
I told him I've done 1500 miles on my new SV which I bought on the first of march...

Why buy a bike and not ride it?
Just doesn't make sense.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
fantasy2c
Regular User
Regular User

Post by fantasy2c »

The pcx is a fantastic bike when you understand what it is. In the beginning I had higher hopes for it thinking it was bigger then what it was. I still enjoyed all my time with it...minus the really windy days lol. I miss the smaller frame for parking as well as the fuel ecconomy. I normally averaged 90-100mpg and so far the B400 is sitting on 58 which isn't bad since i did alot of running 60-65mph today with smalls burst occassionally as well as 20 mph winds today as well as being much bigger.

If I could I would have kept both but dont want to pay insurance on both bikes. If I lived in the city as well, I probably would have kept it but being 20 miles minimum away from everything the b400 serves the purpose better. Still find it sad I've put more miles on a 150cc scooter in really a season and a quarter then most people put on their big bikes..I've already got almost 200 miles on the b400 since i bought it saturday afternoon.

Had to edit this because it came out dull and dark for some reason.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

Just know that both bikes are great bikes, and you are not the first to go to a bigger scooter. The PCX is a fun bike and many have put so real miles on them. However, it isn't meant for freeway riding, which seems to be what you needed it to do. I think your choice of the Burgman is a wise choice. I really hope you enjoy it for many years. By the way, it might be to your benefit to go on the web and look for the youtube videos on maintaining the Burgman 400. There are quite a few of them out there.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

fantasy2c
Regular User
Regular User

Post by fantasy2c »

I actually saw there's a guy who has posted a how to for practically everything for the bike. The burgman community is just a great as the pcx community which is awesome. Everyone is so eager to help and it's so great. I had the common clutch pad glaze issue when I bought it and went ahead today and roughed up the pads, checked the variator which hasn't been touched because it was filled with belt dust. Bike has 67xx miles and rollers are still perfect which surprised me. Also did transmission oil change, glad I did bc it was milky looking. So between that and now having smooth acceleration instead of the jittery vibration feeling and the faded plastics I fixed I've completely turned the bike around.. Suppose to be dependable machine as long as it's taken care of and realistically for the age this one is in great condition really so hopefully I'll be one of those guys with 50k+ no issues
DanFromVegas
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: Black

Post by DanFromVegas »

I have a Burgman 650. You are going to love it!
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

When I purchased my B400 it had been sitting in a barn for 6 years. it was a 2006 with 2 miles on it. I had the dealer trailer the bike to their facility and go over it, changing the oil, etc. We changed out the tires and it was ready to go. I put 10K miles on it before trading down to the PCX 150. I loved it. If it had not been for the fact that we had decided to start spending more time riding in town instead of out on the road, I would still have it. It took me some time and heavy thinking to trade it in. I loved it. However, since that time I have found the little PCX to be just what I needed for around town riding. It is easy to park and turning tight circles is great! That means that I don't have to go around the block when I want to park at the coffee shop.

The bottom line is, with very little maintenance your B400 should run fine for quite a long time. Enjoy it and ride it, and don't worry about us. You can always come back onto the forum just to see what is going on ever so often. We will still be here. :-)
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

fantasy2c
Regular User
Regular User

Post by fantasy2c »

Really can't blame you for going to the pcx, so much lighter then the b400 and snappy enough acceleration to do what u need it to do. Plus the mileage alone is worth it.. Filled up the b400 for the second time now and last tank was 54.8 mpg.. Much different then the pcx 85+ I always saw lol. Two totally different machines obviously but that and the pcxs agility are what I miss about it. Still love the b400, much better for what I do