The 2018 Honda PCX is now officially on the Honda Website

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

The 2018 Honda PCX is now officially on the Honda Website

Post by PCX150Rider »

OK. . .How about a round of applause to celebrate the official entry of the new 2018 Honda PCX 150 to the world. :ugeek:

Here it is. . . http://powersports.honda.com/2018/pcx.aspx

Take your pick. . .Dark Pearl Blue or Pearl White. :D

Finally all the rumors have been proven true. Life is good. . . 8)

Not sure when they will actually start showing up in dealer showrooms across the land but it's got to be fairly soon I would think. :roll:

You can now get $200 in Bonus Bucks for the purchase of any leftover 2017 models through May 31st and $300 on leftover 2016 models. ;)
Here's the details, choose your category, year, and model http://powersports.honda.com/offers.aspx
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Re: The 2018 Honda PCX is now officially on the Honda Websit

Post by kramnala58 »

It looks like it is only available in two colours/colors .... blue or fast (white). ;)
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Aha, the all new 2017 model... (exact same model as the 2015 in a different colour) :roll:
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

...and look at all those 'new' accessories... 2015 (2016, 2017, 2018...your choice of dates, as long as you put the date on it yourself) keychain, still in the package...
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Daguang
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014
Color: white

Post by Daguang »

no change no abs.....
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Still the PCX is a Great Scooter for the money! I'm thankful they're still in production. It's a winner is why. (But rising in price since their 2010 debut)

Definitely agree, it's time for Honda to offer this one with ABS. But then a simple scooter with a user friendly price tag will rise. And how much more do you think? A few hundred.
I think Honda will eventually add ABS.
As long as "we" keep complaining(?) here and "they" keep reading and "we" keep buying and "they" keep producing them. Around and around We/They Go (in no particular order) :lol:

Hey, they listened before, we got us a clock, a 12V accessory socket, the first born hump is now gone and the seat has a 2-way lift position, the center-stand issue is fixed, we have LED lighting, larger glovebox (holds me a 16.9 oz bottle water!) and more....of which ya'll can kick in if ya like.

However, our want list still exists. True? Indeed,....our species always want more :D

Besides ABS, how about a louder horn, a more comfortable seat (yes, we're still bitchin' 'bout that), an adjustable windscreen, city grip tires, more oem accessories, oh and let's not forget the biggie.....
A 200-250 motor to push around all those extra goodies and....
Our slim n trim bodies ;)

Yes, ABS WOULD BE A "very good thing"
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

I sent a "Is it in Stock?" request to the dealer but their site only referenced up through 2017. So I'm thinking if I get a reply email they will say they have 2017's available. But I'm interested in a 2018. What I really want to know is are they going to wait until they clear out the remaining 2017's before they get 2018's in stock or have both on hand and offer the Bonus Bucks on the 2017's as an incentive. I'd be saving $200 going with a 2017 but they've had them in stock for a long time. Don't know yet if they've been ridden or not. The first couple of hours of break-in on a small motor like that is key to setting it in the right direction for long-term service. Also the clutch can get glazed if it's not ridden properly or handled "too" gingerly.

June is about when I expect to have the new PCX whether I get if from the local dealer or another further down the road. So they've got time to bring in a new 2018 if I ask them to order me one.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Here's what I did twice. First on my 2011 then again for my 2015.

Go to a few dealers, exhibit your extreme interest in a 2018 model, get your name at the top of their PCX buyer list ( :lol: okay, then have them START a list!) GET the salesman's business card

Then keep calling each dealer, "Are they in yet? Are they...are they?" Get sappy..."oh man I was so hoping to be riding with friends come June, what's your gut feeling? Will I be waiting till fall?"

I had 3 dealerships to stay in touch with. All of us being friendly, but they couldn't wait to get me off their back. They were calling me too. I stopped in every so often confirming my dire need. Mind you these dealers were about an hour or so away from each other yet one got the scoot in Weeks before the others!
That's the one I went back to, sat with, lowered the numbers with and bought from.
For a fee, I had them deliver it too. All expressway and highways to and from these dealerships. That was a no go the first ride for me. So I payed the extra 100.00. Then I paced the floors :P

They got my money, I got their PCX. A Win/Win

I'm getting mighty excited for You PCX150Rider!! What a Great High it is getting a New-2U Bike!
Let those Happy endorphins roll!! :P
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Oh and about clearing out the old before selling the new, nah they'll sell ya either one. It's always about the money if ya ask me. They had the previous 2013 model available and of course offered it up, but neh not I. They knew what "I" wanted :D 2015 Sold!!
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

WhiteNoise wrote:Definitely agree, it's time for Honda to offer this one with ABS. But then a simple scooter with a user friendly price tag will rise. And how much more do you think? A few hundred.
I think Honda will eventually add ABS.
In the UK the Yamaha Nmax has only ever been available with ABS acting on front and rear discs.
You can have a brand new one on a 2017 registration for £2800, or an unused pre-registered 2016 (leftover) starting from £2300.

Given that a PCX is £2800 without ABS Honda would have no excuse about adding to the cost for its inclusion.

Some other bikes here have had ABS added at zero cost, Kawasaki Z250SL for example, when first launched it didn't have ABS and now it does.
£3649 at launch in 2015 without ABS
Today with ABS £3649
You could argue that due to inflation its actually cheaper now than when launched.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

Oh and about clearing out the old before selling the new, nah they'll sell ya either one. It's always about the money if ya ask me. They had the previous 2013 model available and of course offered it up, but neh not I. They knew what "I" wanted :D 2015 Sold!!
WN. . .thanks for the marketing strategy. Sort of like reverse engineering. :geek:

The sales department at the dealership I contacted told me they had the 2017's in stock in both colors. That being said they expected the 2018's to be in late May or late June. So I let them know I'll be in touch when I'm ready to deal around that time and that I was more interested in a 2018. . .perhaps a Blue one. When I go there I'll look at the pieces on the playing board and take it from there. It's like a Chess game isn't it? Protect the money and go for the optimum win. . . :lol:

The PCX is on the lower price scale so they don't have a ton of mark-up like maybe on a Shadow Phantom or Wing so at the end of the day it comes down to the almighty compromise. ;)
Last edited by PCX150Rider on Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

In the UK the Yamaha Nmax has only ever been available with ABS acting on front and rear discs.
You can have a brand new one on a 2017 registration for £2800, or an unused pre-registered 2016 (leftover) starting from £2300.

Given that a PCX is £2800 without ABS Honda would have no excuse about adding to the cost for its inclusion.

Some other bikes here have had ABS added at zero cost, Kawasaki Z250SL for example, when first launched it didn't have ABS and now it does.
£3649 at launch in 2015 without ABS
Today with ABS £3649
You could argue that due to inflation its actually cheaper now than when launched.
On this side of the pond we don't have a huge selection of scooters to choose from like in Europe or Asia.

From the big four Japanese marques we are kind of limited to the Honda PCX 150 and Ruckus or Met right now. Suzuki still offers the Burg 200, 400, and 650. Kawasaki offers no scooters. Yamaha basically has the Zuma 50, 125, SMax, and I think they are skipping the TMax this year. So the only real competition the PCX has is the SMax. The Burg 200 is $1500 more and kind of in a league of it's own. . .maybe more likened to a Forza.
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

WhiteNoise wrote: Hey, they listened before, we got us a clock, a 12V accessory socket, the first born hump is now gone and the seat has a 2-way lift position, the center-stand issue is fixed, we have LED lighting, larger glovebox (holds me a 16.9 oz bottle water!) and more....of which ya'll can kick in if ya like.
Hmm, the centre stand was fixed in 2012 (+1 for America...) with the introduction of the 150cc ESP OWL.
Kicking in - you left out my favourite upgrade on the LED, the 35% bigger fuel tank with an extra 2.1L! :D

Speaking of +1, that's all the 2018 USDM got. Same colour options as 2017, which only differed from 2016 by colour.
Does the 2018 USDM have Michelin City Grips? To me that would be the only reason to pay extra beyond warm fuzzies.
I'd save money and get a run-out leftover new yesteryear model. Heck, if you're getting white, 2015 is still the same...

PCX150rider: Don't get too hyped up over a PCX purchase. The "2018" still has the same seat, screen, and shocks (maybe tyres?) most 2015 owner's find lacking enough to replace and upgrade. And WTF??? You're not going to buy until June when stock comes in? o_O Mang, all those great PCX times you could be having and telling us about are getting away!
I bit the bullet and bought a crappy old slow white 2012 OWL model last year, and saved a ton of money so I could mod the living hell out of it. It's not even a fast red one like Mel has. I need the mods just to keep up with him you see... :P
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

PCX150rider: Don't get too hyped up over a PCX purchase. The "2018" still has the same seat, screen, and shocks (maybe tyres?) most 2015 owner's find lacking enough to replace and upgrade. And WTF??? You're not going to buy until June when stock comes in? o_O Mang, all those great PCX times you could be having and telling us about are getting away!
I bit the bullet and bought a crappy old slow white 2012 OWL model last year, and saved a ton of money so I could mod the living hell out of it. It's not even a fast red one like Mel has. I need the mods just to keep up with him you see... :P
Your points are well taken. . .I'll let you all know if the new ones have the City Grips on these shores or if the Blue ones come with sport stripes or not. o_O

There aren't an abundance of used PCX's on the market here. Actually don't see any on Craigslist at this time.

Every once in a while I see something used that looks decent but since the PCX doesn't cost a ton to begin with I'm willing to buy new. . .or 2017 leftover. My insurance renews in May so I'm just waiting until then before I add a new scooter to the policy rather than have to change everything now. . .and then again in May.

The ethanol fuel plays havoc in older used machines that have sat for a while. Or, when they were made they used parts in the fuel systems that are adversely effected by ethanol. I have to use fuel treatment in my motorcycles because one is a 1988 and the other a 1998 and that was long before the ethanol fuels came on the scene here in 2002. Fortunately, knock on wood, they are doing fine. . .and I ride them year round. . .so nothing sits to get clogged up. Actually my 2015 Roughhouse 50 had fuel problems this winter so I installed an inline shut-off valve just before the carburetor. Problem solved there. . .no more gas weeping out of the air filter cover. One of these days I'll get around to taking the bowl off the carb to see how much crap is in there or pull the autocock to see if that's defective (diaphragms have a history of deteriorating). :roll:

Not to worry though. . .June will be here soon and I'll be bragging about my new PCX and how it will save me from financial ruin with 100 MPG and add years to my life through healthy living. :lol:
dkazzed
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: N/A

Post by dkazzed »

Stock tires are never known to be good...
2015 Honda CB300F ABS
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

dkazzed wrote:Stock tires are never known to be good...

Mine are.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

dkazzed wrote:Stock tires are never known to be good...
Not always the case.
Sometimes you get very good tyres fitted at the factory.
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)

Post by iceman »

Mine came with IRC's - never a problem in all weathers 5 days a week all year round. Torrential rain and flooded roads - no issue. Not sure why people complain about them even in good weather.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

iceman wrote:Mine came with IRC's - never a problem in all weathers 5 days a week all year round. Torrential rain and flooded roads - no issue. Not sure why people complain about them even in good weather.

Ditto
JaeMelo
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: Black/Grey

Post by JaeMelo »

Sigh, when will honda drop these crappy drum brakes?!
If I owned a pcx Id honestly consider dropping getting another and get an sh 125/150 instead. The motors are basically the same with the exception of the rear disk brakes & abs.