My pretty new blue

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

cocteau2x
Year: 2017
Color: Blue

My pretty new blue

Post by cocteau2x »

My new blue 2017 PCX ..
not real excited about the gold/yellow rims
or the pin striping (that's coming off for sure)

The blue color is "OK" ... but, there are too many that color around here ..
so, I go back to the USA in April for a month and will pick up some 3m wrap
(The first place I looked for wrapping wants to sell me some off brand wrap .. that comes in 75 foot rolls ... so he can keep the excess I don't use ... i need about 22 foot... he told me that if I wanted to use 3m it would cost another $1000 ..LOL .. so I looked it up and found it in the USA for $200..
/// as they say // "THIS IS THAILAND" ... and the Thai's really do not like you/me/white people .. especially here in Pattaya)

I will also get a new variator and weights while in the USA .. shipping is free in the USA
shipping anything to Thailand is a major pain in the ass ..
customs and taxes ... slow things way way down .. and they squeeze money out of you every step of the way.

anyway .. pretty bike?
Attachments
20170314_094905 (Medium).jpg
20170314_094905 (Medium).jpg (218.24 KiB) Viewed 2742 times
20170314_094827 (Medium).jpg
20170314_094827 (Medium).jpg (197.93 KiB) Viewed 2742 times
20170314_094817 (Medium).jpg
20170314_094817 (Medium).jpg (242.78 KiB) Viewed 2742 times
20170314_094755 (Medium).jpg
20170314_094755 (Medium).jpg (239.62 KiB) Viewed 2742 times
20170314_094742 (Medium).jpg
20170314_094742 (Medium).jpg (229.73 KiB) Viewed 2742 times
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Re: My pretty new blue

Post by kramnala58 »

Great pics, thanks for posting.

What part of the States are you from?
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

That color is beautiful! I wonder if the color going to the USA will be the same. I haven't seen many 'flashy' colors on the PCX, at least not in the United States. White, Red and Black do not count as flashy.
By the way, where are the mirrors?
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

I love the blue with goldish rims! I would put some red and white wrap or panels on for an Honda Tricolour ​look.
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

that is a nice color!!!
Attachments
20170314_094742 %28Medium%29.jpg
20170314_094742 %28Medium%29.jpg (212.49 KiB) Viewed 2724 times
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Nothing wrong with that color. Yes, scrap those bits of stripes. Wheels color should stay till you make this a "Wrap" (yes,...pun intended) :D I like chicaboo's color idea too. Or just switch the theme from red white blue to another. Hey! Just have fun with it, she's a beauty that will bring you miles of smiles as she stands! Ride be safe and Hot Dam! Show that scoot off 8)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

Tricolour comes in lots of different flavours, but this here looks like a good template for the PCX:

alx123
Bangkok Rider
Bangkok Rider
Year: 2016
Color: Fast White

Post by alx123 »

It is pretty. I love the gold rims too. Almost got my rim painted gold but then they released the 2017 models with gold rims.

I don't get it, everything for my bike seems cheaper here in Thailand. I find it confusing why it doesn't look that way for you.

Performance upgrade parts are really dirt cheap here. IMO. Reason why US/Uk pips will buy all the way from here, no?

Maybe lose that "Thais hate me, us foreigners, they squeeze money out of me all the way" mindset to be treated well and get better deals here, or it will be a self fulfilling belief.

Many of us here don't have that predicament.

Nice new bike btw, hit us up when you can visit BKK, let's hunt down Kramnala in the red light district area where he lives. lol
Everything looks better from the inside of a motorcycle helmet...
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Hey what rubber does that neon blue PCX come with. I don't think I recognize the tread pattern. And since when do PCX's come with chrome bar ends? Is this a stock design or custom? Is the paint custom? Wheres the mirrors! What the sam hill is going on here :lol:
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Looks like the standard IRC tyre to me.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
u33db
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2015
Color: Black

Post by u33db »

Very nice - I can see me getting some gold wheels for mine! :)
Malossi 10.5g rollers
Malossi yellow clutch springs
Malossi yellow variator spring
HJC wind screen
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

alx123 wrote:It is pretty. I love the gold rims too. Almost got my rim painted gold but then they released the 2017 models with gold rims.

I don't get it, everything for my bike seems cheaper here in Thailand. I find it confusing why it doesn't look that way for you.

Performance upgrade parts are really dirt cheap here. IMO. Reason why US/Uk pips will buy all the way from here, no?

Maybe lose that "Thais hate me, us foreigners, they squeeze money out of me all the way" mindset to be treated well and get better deals here, or it will be a self fulfilling belief.

Many of us here don't have that predicament.

Nice new bike btw, hit us up when you can visit BKK, let's hunt down Kramnala in the red light district area where he lives. lol
If there was a "thanks" option for posts I'd use it now.
cocteau2x
Color: Blue

Post by cocteau2x »

I was born and raised in Iowa ... go Hawkeyes

You guys have almost convinced me to keep this bike Electric Blue ..
The ones in the USA come in Dark Blue .. which I would prefer..
But, this color is growing on me ..

This one of the stock colors available in Thailand ..
... Chrome bar-ends, etc are all stock (I think)
These are pictures of the bike I rolled off the showroom floor anyway ...
.. I just assumed stock?

I like the red/white/blue color scheme ... or even different colors .. I like the design/simple
Maybe gold chrome (for white) and dark blue accents

Where do you get performance parts in Thailand? Links?
I am looking all over Pattaya and so far no luck

The mirrors are in the seat compartment ... ;)
I think I am going to get a RiderScan Motorcycle Blind Spot Mirror. ..
... have to have STOCK mirrors installed in Thailand though ... the law?

Pattaya is NOT THAILAND ... lol ... it really attracts the criminal element of all nations for some reason.... I love love love Northern Thailand and the people there.
I have not experienced the same treatment from the people up there.
In Pattaya .. everyone pretty much assumes you live here to get cheap prostitutes and have a holiday ...
I will be moving to Hua Hin soon.

Driving here is a mess ... lol .. the "most dangerous place to drive in the world" .. crazy

I never thought I would be able to do it ..
I still would be hesitant to drive in BKK .. just because I don't know where I am going

SERIOUSLY NO RULES .. no one has ever been to driver's education (which actually makes it worse since I get frustrated about the no rules .. lol) ... lots of people pass you like it's Nascar (funny since they probably don't know what Nascar is .. wish I didn't) ... try to pass you as close as they can, as fast as they can, (even when they have a whole other lame to use)
Driving down the middle of the road eating up the broken lines like it's some Pac-Man game..

And ALL the police are criminals ..
It's funny to watch them stand in the street trying to stop the Thai men not wearing a helmet or something .. they grab these guys to try and stop them .. and the Thai men just gun the engine and break away ... lol .. THEN the Thai guys slow down about 20 feet onward and look back at the cops with a death Stare. The cops just look at the ground and skake their heads in resignation...
.. only the tourists stop

The police here have begun to use cameras to monitor traffic because they were being recorded by the people they were stopping .. phone cameras
The people then post the police rude behavior on Facebook
... the police complained to the Chief that they were being EMBARRASED by all this social media attention... so now they just use cameras ... lol
.. losing face is terrible ...

This is Thailand ...
Lots of cool things though ..
Like .. I live about 1/2 mile from an Elephant rescue place .. and get to see and pet elephants whenever I want... that is great

I agree about the "Like" button
.. this forum needs one
You all have been a big help ... good guys
Thanks
Attachments
Please excuse the outfit ... like I said, I am from Iowa :-)
Please excuse the outfit ... like I said, I am from Iowa :-)
P1000990 (Large) (Medium).JPG (301.25 KiB) Viewed 2634 times
P1000982 (Large) (Medium).JPG
P1000982 (Large) (Medium).JPG (395.61 KiB) Viewed 2634 times
alx123
Bangkok Rider
Bangkok Rider

Post by alx123 »

Try these links:

https://bikerzbits.co.th/honda/pcx/2014/?p=1

http://thai.webike.net/HONDA/PCX150/6334/mtop/

http://www.powerbypcx.com/en/

They are based in Thailand. You might find what your'e looking for...

If you can come visit Bangkok there is a shop in Lad Phrao soi 71 that specializes in pcx and nmax scooters. "Jackshop" they have all kinds of accessories, racing upgrades, etc...FB page https://th-th.facebook.com/jackshop.pcx/
alx123
Bangkok Rider
Bangkok Rider

Post by alx123 »

homie wrote:Hey what rubber does that neon blue PCX come with. I don't think I recognize the tread pattern. And since when do PCX's come with chrome bar ends? Is this a stock design or custom? Is the paint custom? Wheres the mirrors! What the sam hill is going on here :lol:
My "fast white" came with a chrome bar ends. Dealers usually remove the mirrors, I think it makes it easy to transport the scoot along with other bikes in their trucks. They will install it back once the buyer is ready to take it out of their store..

Not sure about the tires...prolly an IRC
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Glad you found your mirrors and yes those little fish eye stickies on the stock PCX mirrors do help with the blind spot. Cool life style, always like it when you people talk about places I'm never going to LOL. Poor tourists, I imagine the police take everything in your wallet to let you get on with your day. Wait... sounds like Chicago traffic cameras. Gangs, guns, hookers. Ok never mind we have similar circumstances. Libs set all the elephants free and the circus closed so ... no elephants :roll:
colinIG
Year: 2016 PCX 125cc
Color: pearl white

Post by colinIG »

amazing that blue color and rims gold looks mint. I have a blue honda del sol with gold rims
Do u know if they have that color for the 125cc? :)
I'm planing to buy all the plastics in blue, I don't remember the web that sells them. Around 300€
Attachments
del slow.jpg
del slow.jpg (132.47 KiB) Viewed 2590 times
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

So there you have it... I think most here would be very happy to have that cool blue on their precious. Perhaps you reconsider the radical color combination Honda has handed you as good resale, even if you never REALLY like it. That said I would CAREFULLY heat the stripe work and peal it off. Do my best wheel stripe in something undecided because both black and white could pop nicely and ride that scooter around for the applause!

PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

Nothing wrong with that color. Yes, scrap those bits of stripes. Wheels color should stay till you make this a "Wrap" (yes,...pun intended) :D I like chicaboo's color idea too. Or just switch the theme from red white blue to another. Hey! Just have fun with it, she's a beauty that will bring you miles of smiles as she stands! Ride be safe and Hot Dam! Show that scoot off 8)
Actually I think the pin stripes look good. . .and the contrast with the gold wheels with that color blue sets it apart from the usual Burgs and Vespas.

It doesn't look "overdone". As long as the pin stripes don't start peeling off after a few good months out in the tropical heat and sun I'd leave them on. . .but that's just me.

That being said, if you do leave it like that I'd be careful when I apply wax and not get it on the decals.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

No, No, No. And Don't ask! I will Never stand side by side with the likes of an Elephant.
"Unpredictable." I know of only one member, moderator kramnala58 that sat on and perhaps rode one. Not jealous, nor envious. There's a thread onboard with pics of him somewhere.
But no, Not Me. Love 'em from a distance I say. Still friends that way ;)

Fabulous photos by the way! Cheers to you and him, both still standing o_O
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You