Chicaboo's BBK kit and performance mods.

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: Chicaboo's BBK kit and performance mods.

Post by Mel46 »

So I guess the only thing left is for you to determine if you want to ever ride again. For that decision you will need more "you" time so that you can relax enough to make a clear headed decision. Riding is fun, but it is also something you have to be clear headed to do safely. Whatever your decision, we enjoy your input here.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

I want to ride again, but what I learned from the PCX is that I would be better off with a bigger scoot/moto than trying to do up a little scoot...
I would miss the agility and manoeuvrability of a PCX, but I really need something more substantial for someone my height and weight.
I'm too big for a Forza 300, so the Xmax 300 and Downtown 350i are probably the best size for scooters I'm prepared to spend the money on.
But then I've considered motorcycles too, but I would dearly miss the underseat storage and despise having to wear a backpack in this climate.
Anyhow, I don't get much time to myself anymore, so there's no hurry to make a decision. Things may change if I can get mum into a care facility.
In addition to that I might still get spooked on right handers like I did after the accident. I don't know if I was lacking confidence in me or the scoot?
In the meantime there's new scoots and motos coming out, so the options available would only improve over time of I ever get back on the saddle.
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

If you did decide motorcycle then there is this model offered by Honda and you can still have some storage capacity and sort of a twist and go mode too. Here's a link to the Honda page. . .. 8)

http://powersports.honda.com/2018/ctx700-dct.aspx

Like anything else the price of admission is only money. :roll:
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

I'm only licenced up to 660cc, so things like the CTX700 and NM4 are just out of my reach.
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

I'm only licenced up to 660cc, so things like the CTX700 and NM4 are just out of my reach.
Shop around then. See what's comfortable in performance, ergonomics, and price to satisfy your riding needs. Also think about where and when you want to do your riding and see if you can find something that is a "fit".

I have to say that the majority of my riding now is done within 30 miles of my home. It makes me wonder if it's time to sell my sport touring and off road machine. For the longer distances I'm thinking that the car would be a better choice for a number of reasons. We all have to adjust and adapt to life's circumstances so sometimes change is a necessity . . .. ;)
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

Just looking at Yamaha and Kymco, the Xmax 300 beats the Downtown 350i for the same money ($8000 AUD).
When the Downtown used to sell for $1000-1500 less before they released the Xtown, it was the easy choice.
But there's half a dozen motorcycles up to 500cc I could consider up to the same money with more power.
I probably wouldn't do more than 200km round trip at a time. But a scooter can carry camera gear and a picnic.
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

Update:

The insurance company finally got back to me this morning and officially advised me that the scooter is a (repairable) write-off.
The damage bill came to over $2600, and the market value of the scooter is $2600, with a final payout figure of $4300, less $500 policy excess (all in metric $).
I confirmed all my details, and I should be getting the payout by Wednesday if all goes well. So just about half way to a Xmax 300, or something maybe someday...
I removed the TB, injector, EJK and digital dash before assessment, but the exhaust, shocks, seat, brakes, levers, extenders, LEDs and black dash are gone with the scoot.
So a slightly customised white 2012 Honda PCX 150 may show up on auction somewhere soon. The right person could buy it and repair it and apply for new registration.

Yay?
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Alrighty then, that's Done and good news when the check lands in hand.
You'll then have a base savings to add to. That'll take you a step closer to yer next bike! That is....IF you buy a "Next Bike" :roll: Xmax? Or.......

I'll munch on some popcorn whilst I wait. (I might need a bigger saddle, time will tell :lol:)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You