New to the forum

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

EdS14

New to the forum

Post by EdS14 »

I am very interested in purchasing a Honda PCX 150. I have an opportunity to purchase a 2016 model. I reviewed the Honda web site and it appears the 2016 to be almost identical to the 2017. Based on my discussion with the dealer I could get $300 off the price. Is it worth it?

I was a motorcycle rider for years and with the birth of my child decided to give up the bike. What something smaller and safer.

Thanks

Ed from NJ
DailyRider
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2017
Color: Dark blue

Re: New to the forum

Post by DailyRider »

I had a 2015 (stolen) and now I have a very, very similar 2017.

I think the main difference is the color choice.
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Welcome to the forum Ed
Its nice when a motorbike comes with a following of enthusiasts like this. I would think for that little price difference I would lean into the latest model available for resale value in case you don't become a life long Honda PCX fan. There might be the new key fob technology difference to check on as well. If you use my videos to do your own maintenance then forgo any extended warranty charges and back that money out now and from the cost of future services. Service manuals are a must if you are mechanically inclined. A lot of these choices depend on your location and estimated use, weather conditions and features you may or may not have on your new bike like... idle stop. Please show us more in your profile so we can better help you sort out the best savings and strategies when purchasing the little Honda.

OH never mind I see you are in NJ :D you must be right here right now... add that to the left
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

Welcome to you also Ed. . .and I'm a newer member as well!

I'm also expecting to buy a PCX 150 this year and my time frame puts me on track when the 2018 models may be available so I'm going to have to decide to go with a leftover 2017 and try to save a few bucks or just live it up and get the 2018.

I've been riding motorcycles for a long time and got my first motor scooter a couple of years ago. . .a 49cc two-stroke. Good machine and by starting out with a small one I learned whether or not I'd want to continue riding a scooter or discover it wasn't what I thought it would be.

Being able to jump on a light weight machine that can carry "stuff", run errands around town without going through a ritual, and not break the bank was what I wanted and exactly what I got. That being said I saw where I needed more power (without sacrificing the MPG economy), a bigger presence on the road (be more apparent to distracted drivers), bigger wheels (road conditions vary), and still be able to work on it myself. The PCX has checked those boxes and will be a good fit to round out my transportation resources.

The Honda PCX 150 is great scooter at a great price. After doing research of the pros and cons of a variety of marques within the 125cc to 300cc range I found that the PCX offers economy, light weight, bigger wheels, decent power, good storage, excellent parts availability - both OEM and aftermarket, great support online from other owner/contributors, good mirrors, and if you choose to you can do your own maintenance with time, patience, a manual, and a moderate collection of tools.

As with any machine try it before you buy it (or at least sit on it). You may want to add some accessories to enhance your riding experience.

The folks here on this forum are a great resource of knowledge and come from all over the world. So you will be getting opinions on a global perspective that you may find useful to make better informed decisions about operating or accessorizing your PCX.

Good luck with your new ride when you get it! :geek:
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Ed are you still out there? Did you buy that 2016 PCX?
Are you having Fun? Come on back and let us know...please :P
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

EdS14 wrote: I was a motorcycle rider for years and with the birth of my child decided to give up the bike. What something smaller and safer.
Ed from NJ
I think this is our story. We all wanted to get back on two wheels after doing the responsible thing and in my case the wifey surprised me with little opposition. Like there might have been an earlier date I could have floated the idea :roll:

Not really thinking it thru I was all set to sneak back sheepishly with a little harmless 150. That was unnecessary as I quickly found she didn't understand why a scooter. In my mind the scoot was to be used as a conditioner for HER in preparation for a bigger bike. She was totally surprised when I brought it home. The lesson and point I'm trying to make...

If you find yourself coming off of a long dry spell and you think the woman is as opposed as she used to be when the bun was in the oven you might involve her in the process. I recall her comment and my bewilderment when she said "I thought it would be much bigger" You never want to hear a women say that :oops:

By the second purchase of my dream bike the little Honda had gotten under my skin. Now I ride PCX more than anything else... go get a new Honda PCX ED 8)