U.S. Warranty

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Rick54
Regular User
Regular User

U.S. Warranty

Post by Rick54 »

Thinking of getting a 2017 PCX and was wondering what Honda offers in the way of warranty if any, going out the door? This is for a U.S. purchase.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: U.S. Warranty

Post by Mel46 »

I know that you can buy extended warranties but I am not sure if any of them are by Honda itself. I know that we purchased an extended warranty on my wife's pcx, but when it broke the warranty was useless. However, what it did do was take our money, so what type of warranty would you Like? The part that broke on our bike turned out to be the beginning of others having the same problem. The replacement part wasn't too expensive, but I bet that Honda knew they had a problem, since that part was out of stock and had been for several months.
Other than that part though we haven't had any problems with the bikes.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Rick54 wrote:Thinking of getting a 2017 PCX and was wondering what Honda offers in the way of warranty if any, going out the door? This is for a U.S. purchase.

Sigh...
Rick54
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Rick54 »

Mel, I was wondering if they gave a year / 1000 mile warranty, or 30 day / 100 miles, or nothing at all going out the door? I'm not interested in a extended warranty at all.
Tipover
Year: 2011
Color: Candy red

Post by Tipover »

If you go to Honda's website you will see the PCX warranty information. The PCX has a one year unlimited mileage transferable warranty. If that's not good enough, you should just buy a Toyota. :D
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Or buy a Kymco or SYM, or any of the many other scoots with a two year, fully transferable factory warranty free with the scooter. They also cost less than a Honda.
Fish
DailyRider
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2017
Color: Dark blue

Post by DailyRider »

Not sure what your background is with 2-wheeled vehicles... but the repair situation is a lot different than with a car, because it's a lot easier for the rider to get injured if the bike breaks or doesn't control well.

So the burden is more on the rider (rather than the dealer or repair place) to personally make sure that the bike is in good repair.

But if you're an experienced rider, you already know this and I apologize for bringing it up.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Tipover wrote:If you go to Honda's website you will see the PCX warranty information. The PCX has a one year unlimited mileage transferable warranty :D
Here ya go. Scroll down to the bottom of the page: http://powersports.honda.com/2017/pcx/s ... HWb0uIG.97

Rick, You'll Love the PCX! :P Will dealers allow you to test ride one? Not by me. Such a bummer
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Rick54
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Rick54 »

WhiteNoise, that was the info I was looking for, thank you. My dealer is suppose to have it in and getting it prepped and ready for me to come up and see on the showroom floor next week. He may let me take it out, I don't know. We are getting snow as of late, so I don't know if that would really be such a good idea, taking it out. Since I don't yet have my cycle endorsement either, that may prevent me from taking it out also. $500 fine if I get caught. To be honest, I haven't read of anyone who does NOT like this scooter, so I'm pretty sure it would be just the ticket for me in getting around my local area. Was going to take my nephew along who has quite a bit of bike experience to access the performance of it also.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

I'm not too keen on the PCX, its very slow and doesn't have ABS.
Oh and the materials used on fasteners and many of the components are poor quality and corrode badly if used in the wet/winter.
Not a bad scooter, but definitely not a great one either.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:I'm not too keen on the PCX, its very slow and doesn't have ABS.
Oh and the materials used on fasteners and many of the components are poor quality and corrode badly if used in the wet/winter.
Not a bad scooter, but definitely not a great one either.

From the forza buyer :D :D . What a dud. The PCX is a great scooter. The fartsa a poor one at best
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

The Forza is also poorly made but at least it can keep up with traffic.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Rick54
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Rick54 »

gn2, of all the reviews I've read on the PCX, yours is the first I've read regarding its speed being very slow and having trouble keeping up with traffic! Do you have a personal grudge against the PCX that we are not aware of, that causes you to down grade it so?
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

Good for town traffic, not quite as good on an open national speed limit road. (60-70mph)
I use mine on a mix of roads. It keeps up in 60mph zones but forget about overtaking anything. It's not got the power to do it safely.
It's like anything in life. Use the correct tool for the job and your going to be fine.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Rick54 wrote:Do you have a personal grudge against the PCX that we are not aware of, that causes you to down grade it so?
No, I had one for three years and it served me well enough despite its flaws, but facts are facts, its a low power job and cheaply built to a tight budget.

The PCX 150 is less powerful and slower than some physically bigger and more powerful 125cc scooters.
This isn't my opinion, these are hard facts.
JetPilot
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2019
Color: INVISIBLE

Post by JetPilot »

Look REAL HARD at the Honda Forza ABS. It is faster, more comfortable, and much better unless you live in downtown New York City....

The ABS will pay for itself in the first accident it prevents... There is a really good reason ABS has been REQUIRED on cars for many years now, it is even more of a safety improvement on a motorcycle / scooter. Hundreds of millions of cars all over the world have ABS, you can not buy a car without it anymore. There is no debate about ABS, there are just those that are too dumb to accept reality.

Mike
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hey Mike! Speaking of New York, it's where I live. Would you please add your location to your profile? I have read several of your posts over time and have yet to guess where you're at. (RU a New Yawker? that would be funny).

On the ABS segment, I'm a believer, makes cents...(oops, that's sense). Stopping dead in it's tracks could save your life/will save your life. Check. But isn't the Op questionning about the warranty on a 2017 PCX? You mention the Forza, it has the same Honda warranty. Let's add more, the Fartsa as you you calls it, is twice the size, twice the power, and is a bulky n hefty in comparison. It's saddle is wide and if your short legged you can't "touchdown" (football day here in the States, couldn't help myself), but true...you can't. It's outer skin is tupperware too. You get the choice of Red or Red in the U.S. - Boring. Even gn2 wants Honda to color it up a bit. Red in the U.S. Thems are slim pickin's. Woot!

I know gn2's referring to fiddly plastic pins, plastics & what nots that break. Also the center stand mount on the earlier (2010/2011) had to be monitored for cracks (agree, dangerous-not good!) and yes there are other scoots of its size that are faster.

But....reads like Rick is set on getting a PCX. Yep there are other's to look at but hey....they're not Honda's 8)

Ya know, I'm tired. I think the turkey went to me head - too much tryptophan. Ya'll figure this out.
Rick, please post a photo of your new Scoot when she rolls in. Cheers everyone and sleep tight. I'm off
zzzzzzz
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Rick54
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Rick54 »

gn2, fair enough. If you owned one for 3 years, then your thoughts are warranted. As for the types of roads I'd travel, they would be mixed in town and suburban. As far as 60-70 on the interstate and passing, never!!
First, I'm looking for a scooter that is reliable. Should a friend and I want to take a 40 mile round trip on back roads to the next town over for a burger on our scooters, I want to be confident it'll make the trip. Second, I want it to be a fun to ride scooter. I want it to be economical to go visit friends with or to zip to the grocery store 5 miles away for a loaf of bread or a pound of butter. Where it wouldn't be economical for me to always take the pick-up for these short trips. Also, my question to the warranty has been answered.
So in short, I'm looking for something reliable, won't have parts falling off as I motor down the road and will operate in the range of 25-50 mph going down the road without the worries of being passed by a box turtle! I don't really think this is too much to ask of the PCX?I am not interested in a 150cc crotch rocket!
I'd be happy to post a pic of the new scooter, then again posting pics is another whole new learning curve.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

One step at a time Rick :P Pics later. Not hard to post up, really. Explaining how to is harder :lol:

I use my scoot for the exact reasons you'll be buying one. It "hits the nail on the head." The PCX is made for us around towner's or just outside of it. The PCX will venture as far as you "comfortably" want it to at 50 mph or under. Stretching miles at a steady 55-63 will get tiring and that ain't Fun to "Me." That screams out... buy a bigger bike!! (Not happening yet)

So to you Rick I say....Do It! Buy a PCX. Flirt, get acquainted, go steady....get married. Then ride into the Sunset Smiling together (but, Remember to go home now and then ;)
Rick54
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Rick54 »

Thanks WhiteNoise, your reassurance of the PCX puts my mind at ease!