Tire sealants

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Tire sealants

Post by davenowherejones »

Has anyone tried any tire sealants on the Forza 300? I put a product called Ride-On in through the valve stem of my rear tire.

http://www.ride-on.com

I am basically using it as a tire balancer. My Michelin CityGrip seems to be wearing more evenly than the previous one.

The ABS makes it harder to flat spot the rear tire than on my previous scooters.

The tires are expensive and time consuming to change. The $20 price of the sealant could give me longer tire life.
AustinPCX
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: Tire sealants

Post by AustinPCX »

Been using Ride-On for several years now, beginning with the PCX. I get fantastic tire mileage, no additional balancing required. Don't ever bother checking air pressure either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
JetPilot
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2019
Color: INVISIBLE

Re: Tire sealants

Post by JetPilot »

Everyone,

Does RIDE ON really balance the tire ??? Are there any downsides to using it ? I sure would like to see more rider reports on this. I find it interesting, but have heard bad things about tire sealants in the past, so I do not want to jump into this to quickly and ruin a tire and have to clean the inside of a rim. It is research time !!!

Mike