Aftermarket variator setup on 125

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: Aftermarket variator setup on 125

Post by fish »

Sorry - I don't buy any of it.
Not the pricey aftermarket pipes, the colorful CVT parts, the magic Asian shocks, bigger tires - none of it.
The suspension travel remains the same - minimal - and your engine will pull differently down low or up top....which can be accomplished by playing with $25 sliders.
There are a handful of scooter racing youtubers who will tell you the same.
Fish
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: Aftermarket variator setup on 125

Post by Mel46 »

All I know is that when I took my precious out yesterday it was quite happy, especially after sitting in the basement for a few months. Same goes for my wife's bike, which I took for a run after I got back. Both bikes have the NCY setup, and they want to run. :lol: :)

I do have a question though. I noticed on my wife's bike that there is a little play in the throttle before it starts working... like maybe a 1/4 - 1/2 inch or a little less. How do you adjust that out? She said that it has always been there but I haven't noticed it in the past. I guess that is because I ride mine much much more than hers, though hers is set up just like mine.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers