Windshield

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

hondamatic
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2017 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Windshield

Post by hondamatic »

Just wondering about the factory windshield from Honda. I know that there are others out there but this was part of the deal for my new pcx. I am short 5-5 so a taller windshield would not do any good as far as I can tell.
Thoughts?
Ride fast and keep it between the fences!
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: Windshield

Post by you you »

hondamatic wrote:Just wondering about the factory windshield from Honda. I know that there are others out there but this was part of the deal for my new pcx. I am short 5-5 so a taller windshield would not do any good as far as I can tell.
Thoughts?

Have you tried it yourself? What do you think of it?
hondamatic
Regular User
Regular User

Post by hondamatic »

you you wrote:
hondamatic wrote:Just wondering about the factory windshield from Honda. I know that there are others out there but this was part of the deal for my new pcx. I am short 5-5 so a taller windshield would not do any good as far as I can tell.
Thoughts?

Have you tried it yourself? What do you think of it?
I will try it myself when I pick up my pcx next week. I need some thoughts from those who have already tried on or the other.
ScottDR
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Post by ScottDR »

I am 6ft and fairly long waisted. I think the Honda tall windshield would be perfect for you. It's a little short for me as I get a lot of wind noise under my full face helmet unless a mostly full tuck takes place. Curious to see what you think of it!
ImageImageImage
2013 Black PCX 150
Mods/accessories:
Honda tall windshield, Honda top box, NCY variator and face with 13gram rollers, LED headlamps & taillight with, Backoff indicator
Kawell rectangular lights-fork, mounted
Cheeky Seats seat cover (de-humped), YSS PDC and front spring upgrade 15W fork fluid, YSS rear spring/damper upgrade-preload adjustable only, lots of reflective tape and other accessories

Previously owned:
1969 Honda K50 mini trail (first bike, still runs great and in the family)
1975 Honda CB125
1978 Yamaha DT400 (bored 2 stroke insanity)
1986 Kawasaki Ninja 250r
hondamatic
Regular User
Regular User

Post by hondamatic »

ScottDR wrote:I am 6ft and fairly long waisted. I think the Honda tall windshield would be perfect for you. It's a little short for me as I get a lot of wind noise under my full face helmet unless a mostly full tuck takes place. Curious to see what you think of it!
I finally got the new ride home and have gotten to try that windshield out. I like it, the wind goes over my helmet with no buffering. I haven't gotten it over 40 yet and don't plan on doing that til I get about 300 miles on it. The dealer told me to just ride it like I am going to and change the oil at 600 miles.
Thumbs up for the Honda windshield.
relic
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red white

Post by relic »

Thumbs up to you bud!
Lafree
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2016
Color: White

Post by Lafree »

Hi, I have a Honda tall windscreen on my PCX fitted it myself I'm 5 9 and it is great, new in May 1600 miles up last week, I wear a Viper open face helmet but am thinking of a full face for the winter I have tried a couple on in bike shop but I wear specs and find very difficult to fit them after the helmet is on any ideas
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Post by Jge64 »

Lafree wrote:Hi, I have a Honda tall windscreen on my PCX fitted it myself I'm 5 9 and it is great, new in May 1600 miles up last week, I wear a Viper open face helmet but am thinking of a full face for the winter I have tried a couple on in bike shop but I wear specs and find very difficult to fit them after the helmet is on any ideas
The better helmets (bell,Schuberth) will let you get thinner ear pads which allow glasses easier, I have swapped them on two helmets. Look at a Schuberth C3
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
BobS
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: Silver

Post by BobS »

Lafree - I also wear glasses and have been wearing full face flip-up helmets since they came out.

BMW started marketing Schuberth made helmets under the BMW name.

When BMW stopped bringing them into the US I switched to Shoei helmets.

When Shoei changed the inside shape I switched to HJC. Been using that brand for 15 years now (not the same helmet, of course).
hondamatic
Regular User
Regular User

Post by hondamatic »

What model of HJC flip up helmet do you have Bob ?
BobS
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: Silver

Post by BobS »

All of mine have been the SY-MAX models. The newer ones have the built in sliding sunshade - eliminates the need for sunglasses.

One thing to remember - any company's modular helmets will all be the same external size - XL. They just put more internal padding for the smaller sizes.

XL helmets won't fit under the seat of a PCX.
hondamatic
Regular User
Regular User

Post by hondamatic »

I have been looking at the HJC IS Modular II helmet and wondered if it would fit under the seat. I guess I will have to use the security strap so I better keep it handy.
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150

Post by homie »

Jge64 wrote: The better helmets (bell,Schuberth) will let you get thinner ear pads which allow glasses easier, I have swapped them on two helmets. Look at a Schuberth C3
I recently acquired a Schubert and this complaint dating from 2011 hasn't been addressed yet o_O Many perks for the handcrafted German Schuberth S2 & C3 like the visor clarity and ease of removal, a very comfortable fit, lightweight, and the airflow is awesome quiet and just excellent. Why then will they not put the tab in the middle and resolve this issue?
I noticed this flaw right away on the S2 and I now close the helmet from the top with one hand. I guess no helmet will get a 5 star from me so far but I will keep buying them USED until I find one that is perfect 8)