short review of Airhawk seat cushion

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

flyingzonker
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: Red

short review of Airhawk seat cushion

Post by flyingzonker »

I would no sooner go out without my Airhawk then I would without my pants on. Why? Because it actually acts as a secondary shock absorbing system that helps keep neck and back pain down--for me at least. So, thumbs up for Airhawk!
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: short review of Airhawk seat cushion

Post by fish »

While riding over 1/2mile of frost bumps this morning I was reminded how these once caused me to search for the magic after-market scooter shocks....until I rebuilt the seat with more and better purpose-made seating foam.
After I fixed seat I quit looking for new shocks....it made that much difference in ride comfort.
Fish
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

I tried the air hawk and at first thought it felt pretty good with just a scooch or air so it would not be too hard. I found after doing some riding my ass would slide around a bit more than I like especially on the curves. Perhaps I am a little more finicky I like my ass firmly planted so I could feel the bike better.I made my own seat using foam and some cushioning material and found a happy medium. The Air Hawk went back to the store . Not sure if there ever will be a 100% winning solution to that seat design, but after awhile you will get used to anything I suppose.
j.d.b.
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red

Post by j.d.b. »

:lol: You just set up an AWESOME joke I won't dare make.
flyingzonker
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by flyingzonker »

fish wrote:While riding over 1/2mile of frost bumps this morning I was reminded how these once caused me to search for the magic after-market scooter shocks....until I rebuilt the seat with more and better purpose-made seating foam.
After I fixed seat I quit looking for new shocks....it made that much difference in ride comfort.
Fish
I bought the Airhawk as a cheap alternative to better shocks, but I will end up doing the shocks too no doubt.
flyingzonker
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by flyingzonker »

easyrider wrote:I tried the air hawk and at first thought it felt pretty good with just a scooch or air so it would not be too hard. I found after doing some riding my ass would slide around a bit more than I like especially on the curves. Perhaps I am a little more finicky I like my ass firmly planted so I could feel the bike better.I made my own seat using foam and some cushioning material and found a happy medium. The Air Hawk went back to the store . Not sure if there ever will be a 100% winning solution to that seat design, but after awhile you will get used to anything I suppose.
I hear what you're saying and have read reviews that concur. I haven't experienced any sense of disequilibrium when sitting on the Airhawk. It does raise the seat height about an inch or so, but that's no problem. I am not an aggressive rider, don't like twisties and don't "do" them even at night in dreams. I do slide around a bit, but, as I say, my pokey riding style allows for this without jeopardizing my stability.

Someone who, like some equestrians, likes and maybe even needs to feel that he/she is one with what they're riding...well, that person should probably not fool with the Airhawk. Promoting a sense of nonduality is not its specialty.