Hello, my name is Ozzy, I am from Ohio, got PCX 150 in Aug.

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

ozzy7007

Hello, my name is Ozzy, I am from Ohio, got PCX 150 in Aug.

Post by ozzy7007 »

Picked up my 2013 Red PCX 150 in Aug, $3450.00 out the door. I also have a 2006 SilverWing 600. I sure do like this PCX, It is very easy to get around on, using it for around town, this scooter handles very well and is very predictable.. The only thing I don't like is the seat, the hump makes me set up too close, I like to stretch out my legs a little bit more. I am looking for a replacement seat, I can use any help I can get in finding a site where I can order one. Been riding since 1958, started out on a motor bike, went up to the bigger bikes, and now that I am getting up there in age I am on my down to the smaller bikes..I would highly recommend a riding class to anyone who is new to riding, there is just so much to learn.
When you first start riding you are given two buckets, one is labeled LUCK and it is full, the other bucket is labeled EXPERIENCE and it is empty, now, the trick is to get your bucket of experience full, before your bucket of LUCK. Runs out..
Please ride safe, don't be in a hurry and enjoy riding for a hell of a long time..Talk to you later. Ozzy from Ohio..
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Hello, my name is Ozzy, I am from Ohio, got PCX 150 in A

Post by Taz »

Many of us have changed the seat if you search this forum. Powerbypcx are one option. But I thinks its cheaper and you get a seat more suiited to you to get a local auto or marine upholsterers to do it. Or ask where you bought the bike who does bike seat trimminglocally.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Greetings and welcome ozzy7007! Nothing wrong with downsizing at all especially to such a fine scoot such as the PCX (no prejudice here :lol: Keep riding and smiling. Nice of you to remind us of taking a riding course and I agree with you. Kinda like "what the doctor ordered" it'll make you feel good plus give you the extra confidence and proper techniques you need before heading out. Worth the money, (imo). Say...where did you come up with that "bucket" saying? I would've loved to have read that in my MSF course study book! Cool! I likey 8)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

Welcome to the forums!

A few of us (myself included) have both a Silverwing and a PCX. Honda makes good stuff, so it makes sense to have a highway cruiser and an around-town bike. :)
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

Ozzie
Here is the thread with the humpless seat: http://hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t ... ypcx#p9259

and here is the seat : http://www.powerbypcx.com/achat-selle-t ... 69418.html

or here are pics of mine done by the local upholsterer:

DSCF6382 by TazPCX, on Flickr
they need to cut out the plastic mounts and fill in the hole with plastic or other firm material. Mine plastic welded in using plastic from my hump.

DSCF6383 by TazPCX, on Flickr
ozzy7007

Post by ozzy7007 »

Thank You TAZ, this is what I needed, that plastic hump must be removed, thank you, I will get it done at the marina, I will post pics when done...
Cooley_PCX_Rider
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cooley_PCX_Rider »

Hey Ozzy,
Nice to meet you.
I'm from Illinois.
How did you manage a 2013 out the door at that price?
Mine was a good price out the door at 3948 with no set up or delivery fees.
Glad you scored it though. I felt bad for our local big box cycle shop, they are really hurting.
Guess I made someone have a nice Christmas. LOL

Welcome and have fun.
PCX 150 Rider from East Central Illinois in the middle of the United States of America

Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

Ozzy I forgot to mention I also tilted the handlebars as far fwd as possible which is easy to do with decent hardened hex keys.
philvb
Regular User
Regular User

Post by philvb »

Taz wrote:Ozzie
Here is the thread with the humpless seat: http://hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t ... ypcx#p9259

and here is the seat : http://www.powerbypcx.com/achat-selle-t ... 69418.html
So then the modified seat will fit a 2013 PCX 150?
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

I suggest you ask Powerbypcx before you order, to double check! I believe there is a difference between stock 125 and 150 seats but dont know that it would affect aftermarket seats.
philvb
Regular User
Regular User

Post by philvb »

Taz wrote:I suggest you ask Powerbypcx before you order, to double check! I believe there is a difference between stock 125 and 150 seats but dont know that it would affect aftermarket seats.
Got an email reply from the company about the seat they are selling:
"Yes of course all the seat in the website is for honda PCX. 125 and 150cc have the same seat"
Urbanian
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Urbanian »

Honda advertised that the 150 seat was redesigned to be more comfortable than the 125 seat. I would expect the seats to be interchangeable though they say they are different. Likewise any aftermarket seat should be usable on either bike.
ItsaHonda
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ItsaHonda »

I've compared the seat of the 150 to my 125, and I can't tell a difference... at least not on the U.S. model. I even checked to see if the butt rest was any further back as I had heard it was, but it didn't appear to be. The ONLY differences I can find on the 150 are the larger handlebar end caps and the air filter case is shaped a bit differently and is larger (and displays the "esp" badge).
Alex
2011 Suzuki Burgman 650
2011 Honda PCX 125
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

sounds like creative honda marketing about the seat then...
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

When the 150 was announced I'm pretty certain that the first pictures showed it to have a humpless seat.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong