2013 Honda PCX150 fuel tank replacement! Bigger??

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

ScooterAddict
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

2013 Honda PCX150 fuel tank replacement! Bigger??

Post by ScooterAddict »

The title may be a little bit misleading but in my quest for more fuel capacity has had me combing the Internet. It seems like the 2015 bigger fuel capacity may not be that far fetched. Let me list some parts and numbers and prices for all to digest!
2013 PCX- Fuel Tank- 17510-KZY-P90- $80.60
Fuel Filter- 16707-KWN-711- $50.54
Fuel Sending Unit- 37800-KWN-711- $38.14
Fuel Pump- 16700-KWN-711- $239.99

2015 PCX- Fuel Tank- 17510-K35-V00- $42.13
Fuel Filter- 16707-K35-V01- $7.76
Fuel Sending Unit- 37800-K35-V01 $13.95
Fuel Pump- 16700-K35-V01- $57.73

The whole system for the 2013 is $409.27..
The whole system for the 2015 is $121.57..

So my take is, even if I order all the components (minus misc. hardware) for the 2015 with the larger capacity fuel tank and it doesn't fit in only out $121.57.. I know I've spent more than that on seats that were physically disabling if you rode more than 50mi or motor clothing that did not work as well as they did in the advertising photos! Even if I just buy the fuel tank to see if it will fit in the appropriate spot and it doesn't, I'm only out $42.13. If it does fit, I can order the other parts later. Now I have to put it on my priority list of things for the house and toys, I'll get it done in the next few months. Meanwhile if any other inmates on here decides to try this out and buy the parts let me know so just in case I don't waste my money. These prices were from hondapartshouse.com or check prices on babbittsonline.com.. I hope this helps someone because this was a bunch of typing on an iPhone!

I don't care what you ride, just f^cking ride! Scott
2013 PCX150, GIVI tall w/s, Hondaline topcase, Tusk 15mm handlebar risers, NCY Variator, NCY Drive Face, NCY 13gram rollers. (I put a brand new Honda OEM belt on), R- Michelin City Grip, Front- Michelin City Grip, 10w30 syn with 2oz of MotorKote, GrabOn grip covers.

2013 Honda CRF250L
2-2005 Honda Metropolitan's,
I have always had big displacement road bikes. I'm now into the "small revolution."
I just need one more 2 wheeler!!
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: 2013 Honda PCX150 fuel tank replacement! Bigger??

Post by chicaboo »

It would be a dream come true for OWL owners if the LED tank and gear easily swapped over.
Failing that, you could always carry a 5L jerry can or install one of those auxiliary tanks and plum it down to your primary tank somehow without it causing an overflow situation (maybe use a petcock tap on the line).

But back to your idea: one of the guys on this forum just picked up a wrecked LED scoot and he has an OWL already. He would make for the best test guinea pig already having the parts to see if it all works.
Lanesplitter
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Post by Lanesplitter »

Someone please try this and report back.
Oyabun
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: `12,`15,`19
Color: black&black

Post by Oyabun »

Gav contacted me via PM to draw my attention to this topic. Indeed I have both an earlier as well as a LED model in my garage. I haven't been planning to strip down the '13 model PCX to be able to do this, but I will install a BBK on a friend's '11 model in a few weeks which have to be dismantled quite a bit. It was planned as a ride in and out mod within a day so not sure if we will have time to get to it - but will have a visual inspection at least.
To manage expectations: Despite the similar looks the filling neck, fuel flap as well as the middle section has changed three times since 2010 and the battery tray has been moved for the LED model too - so it might not be an easy bolt-on stunt to pull off.
Oyabun
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: `12,`15,`19
Color: black&black

Post by Oyabun »

Last week we have done the big bore kit install on my friend's '11 125. During the process I've snapped a few pictures to se visually if such a syunt could be done.
All I can say it seems to be possible, but it will cause quitesome headache for anyone trting to pull it off. So while it seemed that space should be enough and the feont part of the frame seemed similar, but the whole assembly, including some cross members and mounting points and battery box is different. I think the project has a higher chance to be succesful on an eSp model, which already has the fuel flap opening reversed, as I think that placement is critical to fit the larger tank.
As this forum is quite difficult with the pictutes I cannot upload the raw images - but I dont have a possibility to edit them on my mobile. Next time I'll have some time in front of my computer, I'll edit the pictures and attach to this thread.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Please, it would be interesting.