Ongoing Forza saga, PT II

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

thunderkat59
Year: 2011 PCX 125
Color: white

Ongoing Forza saga, PT II

Post by thunderkat59 »

I finally got a chance to go check out a Forza at a dealership yesterday.
I was hoping to finally seal the deal on a Forza, but alas, it wasn't meant to be. The dealer would not accept my BMW on trade.
Like me, a little "too old". But, I digress . . . What surprised me was how small it was! Seeing it on the internet, and reading reviews made it seem like it was closer to a Burgman than a PCX, when to me, it was just the opposite. Like a PCX on steroids. That was a very pleasant surprise because my Burgman was just a little too corpulent for the areas where I spend most of my riding time. Back to the drawing board. Call some more dealers ~ The BMW is now on Craigslist so hopefully in the flood of craziness that happens after a CL posting, there will be one or two people with interest.
montliz44
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013,2014
Color: red+redder

Re: Ongoing Forza saga, PT II

Post by montliz44 »

Thunderkat, just out of interest, which BMW do you have that the dealer wouldn't take? (I have a '99 R1100S.)

Johnny
One PCX, One Forza -- Twice the fun, half the money!
thunderkat59

Post by thunderkat59 »

montliz44 wrote:Thunderkat, just out of interest, which BMW do you have that the dealer wouldn't take? (I have a '99 R1100S.)

Johnny

Johnny it is a '94 R1100RS. It's in great shape and runs the same, but the dealers policy is no trades older than 2000.
I had romantic visions of being 'that guy' you see in BMW forum. Traveling everywhere, etc, but this bike is just not for me. The reality is very different than my imaginative perception. Great bike but I have come to the revelation I've made the total transformation into the realm of scooter-only.

BTW --- Is the heat in Galveston ever an issue with yours?
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

montliz44 wrote:Thunderkat, just out of interest, which BMW do you have that the dealer wouldn't take? (I have a '99 R1100S.)

Johnny

:D I've got a 2004 boxer cup. Same bike.
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

The early 90s R1100RS was a thing of beauty. Unless all your plastics have turned to chalk by now...
thunderkat59

Post by thunderkat59 »

Wow! A lot of PCX riders have BMW's too !

Here is mine:

As I mentioned, a great bike, just not for me. We are moving too, so the thought of dealing with 3 bikes complicates things. I want to pare down to one.
montliz44
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013,2014
Color: red+redder

Post by montliz44 »

Wow -- Sweet RS; love the pipes. So, as you and YouYou know, that RS is a big road-going machine, and really not much fun around town. My S, which basically idles at 35 mph in first gear, is useless in town and a giant PITA in stop-and-go traffic or traffic jams, especially in the heat, though it absolutely owns the highway once it gets underway.

I'd probably try to sell it except that I have waay too much time and money tied up in it, and I'm sort of attached to it for some reason. Kind of like the brother-in-law that you wouldn't have anything to do with except that he's married to your sister, plus he owes you four thousand dollars. Like that.

Anyway, that's why I love my scooters so much.

Cheers,

Johnny
One PCX, One Forza -- Twice the fun, half the money!
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Nice picture of a Guzzi ruined by a BMW in the way.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

Yeah, for some reason my dealer would not take my completely trashed 67,000 km DR650 in on trade for a used Burgman 400 with 900 km on it.