Help, I got sent the wrong shocks!

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Help, I got sent the wrong shocks!

Post by chicaboo »

Hi gang,

Some goodies arrived from BikerzBits yesterday, and those cheeky buggers sent me G-Euro XL red instead of G-Euro XXL chrome shocks.
Now, I weigh 118k/260lbs, so this is why I went with XXL shocks from BB since they were the only ones who stocked them that would ship to me.
I don't intend to ever go 2up, so do any of you gurus reckon that the XL 70-90kg shocks will cope with my weight? Maybe increasing the pre-load?
I really like the red springs and all, but I don't want to sacrifice ride quality or comfort because I have to put too much pre-load on the XL shocks.
The stock max carry capacity is stickered at 180kg (396lbs), so if the XLs are firmer, do I even need to worry? The Stocks do bottom out at times...
Obviously if I put them on the scoot and try them out, I have no recourse to try and return them. So I'm looking forward to your thoughts and opinions.

Cheers, Gav.
txpcx13
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 13&14
Color: Rojox2

Re: Help, I got sent the wrong shocks!

Post by txpcx13 »

I know this doesn't help but I was looking all over Thailand (while I was there for 5 weeks) and I could not find any XXL YSS Shocks. I was thinking they discontinued them. Just my observations, but I am not sure.
2013 Honda PCX (Red) - NCY 13g rollers, golden variator, drive face, YSS shocks, Givi E450
2014 Honda Forza (Red) - Adige 17g rollers, Kappa K466
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

Hi TX,

Reading the other threads on shocks here it seems that BB might be selling off old discontinued stock. Which I don't have a problem with... I don't know if they substituted the XL shocks due to lack of availability, but i originally ordered Z series shocks in XXL, and had to go with G-Euro because they weren't available any longer in XXL. They never offered me the newer top mount reservoir style with wider 70-110kg spring rate either. I'm still waiting to hear back from them regarding their mistake. Maybe they can just send me higher rate springs if the valving is still the same between the two?

Gav.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

chicaboo wrote:do I even need to worry?
No, stop fannying about and bolt them on.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

I would very much like to do so. :?
JonW
Regular User
Regular User

Post by JonW »

I have XL Z series YSS shocks and I think they ride better with a passenger on board. I weigh 160 lbs.
Jon W
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

Thanks Jon, I guess when you have a passenger you'd be running slightly north of my weight.
txpcx13
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 13&14
Color: Rojox2

Post by txpcx13 »

I purchased 2 sets, YSS Hybrid and also G-series with bottom reservoir. They had both the bottom and top reservoir available at the shop where I purchased them but ended up going with the bottom out of visual preference. All I hear is positive reviews about these aftermarket shocks compared to our OEM shocks. Let us know how it works for you and if you decide to go with the XL's that you have now. Mine should hopefully be arriving in June/July. I shipped them to myself from Thailand on the slow boat.
2013 Honda PCX (Red) - NCY 13g rollers, golden variator, drive face, YSS shocks, Givi E450
2014 Honda Forza (Red) - Adige 17g rollers, Kappa K466
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

chicaboo wrote:I would very much like to do so. :?

Go on then
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

The struggle is real. :|
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

Good news,

With your feedback and the cooperation of BikerzBits, I am keeping the G-Euro XL reds and getting a partial refund.
Emmet from BB has been really great through all of this and quick to respond to my emails.
For those interested, with the expensive shipping the goods got to me in about 2 weeks and arrived safely and well packaged.

Happily ever after, Gav.