STREETBIKE VS. 4 COPS

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

STREETBIKE VS. 4 COPS

Post by tbln930 »

This nut easily got away from the police at speeds up to 160 mph but they caught up with him 4 months later because he posted the video online. LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K97LXc4O-r4
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure (Metallic Thunder Gray) - Sold

2013 Honda PCX 150 (Candy Rose Red) - Sold

SECoda/tbln930
GatorGreg
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Re: STREETBIKE VS. 4 COPS

Post by GatorGreg »

Gotta be careful what you post on the Internet - can definitely come back to bite you :D

Hmmm...I wonder if my PCX would have similar elusiveness capabilities as that 600RR? :D
2018 Yamaha SMAX Raven Black (aka Majesty S)
RIP 2015 Honda PCX 150 Pearl White
RIP 2010 Honda Elite (Lead) 110 Black
Check out GatorGreg's Motovlog on YouTube
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tbln930 »

I tried a buddies Ninja 1000 maybe five years ago and it was so fast I added a new definition to insanity in Webster's. :-)

I would kill myself shortly on one of those. It weighs the same as my V-Strom 650 but it is literally a rocket ship. The CBR1000 is even lighter.
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

SECoda/tbln930
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I don't know where he was running his bike , though it might even have been in Atlanta. However, the one thing that I learned a long time ago is that you can't outrun a radio. If they had wanted him bad enough, and they had a helicopter, he would be theirs. I have also seen news helocopters get involved, instead of the cop helo, so they would have still had eyes in the sky. Here in Atlanta there are some street racing bike clubs that the cops are well aware of. They have chased down a few of the bikes doing well over 100 mph, but they no longer drive that fast if they can blanket the area with enough cops. That way the radio will get you for sure. It may be fun to out run them, but it is getting soo much harder to than it use to be. Why take the chance?
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tbln930 »

New Jersey it said. One crazy dude.

SECoda/tbln930
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Mel46 wrote: the one thing that I learned a long time ago is that you can't outrun a radio.
but Mel, he did out run the radio :lol: he just couldn't out run his youtube account and IP address. Here's the rest of the story...

16-026
Release Date: April 06, 2016

Follow us on Twitter @PeqPolice for news, road closures and incident notifications.

Eluding Police Arrest: Today, April 6, 2016, the Pequannock Twp. Police department concluded a nearly four month investigation into a motorcycle that refused to stop for a patrol officer. On December 10, 2015 at 3:11 p.m., Ptl. James Dericks observed a motorcycle being operated on Route 23 North on its rear wheel only. Ptl. Dericks activated his emergency lights and sirens to signal the driver to pull over and the driver sped up. The motorcycle then proceeded to elude the police officer at a high rate of speed, disregarded marked lanes of travel, improperly passed other vehicles, made an improper U-turn at the Route 23 and Boulevard intersection and entered a residential section of Pompton Plains. Multiple officers from Pequannock Twp. and Riverdale Police Departments attempted to apprehend the suspect prior to the pursuit being terminated by supervisors. The motorcycle fled onto Route 287 North where his video shows the spedometer of the motorcycle exceeding 140 mph.

During the past several months, police were contacted by members of the public via social media and we were advised that the suspect had posted a helmet mounted video of the pursuit on You Tube under the title, “TY600RR.” (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K97LXc4O-r4) The five minute video documents the suspect looking back at Ptl. Dericks and refusing to stop. Through an extensive investigation, detectives obtained a search warrant for the suspect’s home which was executed this morning. Anthony Darrigo, 20 years old from Haskell, was arrested at his home and transported to headquarters for processing. Mr. Darrigo’s motorcycle, helmet, jacket, helmet mounted video camera, laptop computer and cellular phone were all seized, pursuant to the search warrant, as evidence. He was charged with the second degree crime of eluding police with risk of severe bodily injury, the third degree crime of eluding police and the fourth degree crime of resisting arrest. He was processed and released on his own recognizance.

Today’s arrest of this suspect underscores the serious consequences that will result from refusing to stop for police when signaled. As the video depicts, innocent motorists, pedestrians and police officers are put in grave danger by such actions. The Pequannock Twp. Police Department, along with our neighboring partner jurisdictions, will continue to pursue all investigative leads and methods at our disposal to prosecute any similar occurrences as part of our ongoing mission to ensure the safety of the motoring public.

Issued by:
Capt. Christopher DePuyt
Operations & Public Information Officer
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Boy, what an idiot! I have to wonder if they would have ever found him if he had not posted it. They were investigating the incident, but if they did not have his tag number or other identifying markers, he could have just stayed slow and ridden only in his local area, and the incident would have just stayed on the books but remained unsolved.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tbln930 »

I was not that dumb when I was 20.

SECoda/tbln930
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

The dudes video made national news today on Fox this morning. They played a short section on fox and friends, I'm surprised he's out on bail.

Now Mel, to answer your question as to how the police didn't get his license plate... they did get his plate several times and dropped pursuit to lessen the danger to him and the public but when they showed up at the home of a poor guy who had a blue and white Suzuki matching the plate... his bike was parked in the garage with cobwebs. A detailed video of his own about the incident when the police came to arrest him is linked below.

This stuff you can't make up :lol: take a ride with this guy and stick with it all the way for the story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uHEEWc ... tml5=False
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

This is why you don't want your plates featured in your video's and pictures if you have a powerful 160mph street bike. Some boob in your part of the country will make fake plates and take the cops on a joy ride. Scooters... not so much :lol: Fortunate for me my street bike is rare so good luck with that.

The real perp was charged with a second degree crime of eluding police with risk of severe bodily injury, the third degree crime of eluding police and a fourth degree crime of resisting arrest. He was processed and released on his own recognizance.
Last edited by homie on Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tbln930 »

They let him go. lol I will bet anyone he does it again.

I read he had the plate bent up under the fender and they couldn't see it on one story.

SECoda/tbln930
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Not wanting to feel left out this makes me feel better https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySwSpPR ... tml5=False
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tbln930 »

Hehe. That's great...

SECoda/tbln930
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150

Post by sendler2112 »

These buttheads give us all a bad name.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

sendler2112 wrote:These buttheads give us all a bad name.
Yes they do, must be an exciting moment for the police though. I see the way they look at me when I pass or when they settle in behind my cafe racer on the expressway. It's a 'run baby run' beckoning with a 'catch me if you can' sensation that rises in your blood. A mutual moment whilst they do what they do to get you to make a move. Sorry nothing to see here office, stand down, lazy break away with a sigh. Not today, there's an older wiser man under this helmet. I don't blame them for trying... human nature :lol:
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tbln930 »

Amazingly, I have owned 13 different bikes since college with well over 100k bike miles and have never been stopped by the LE. I see our county sheriffs regularly and they sometimes wave. I figure they all know who I am by now.

I have had a few speeding tickets in the cars. o_O

SECoda/tbln930