New owner of a 2013 PCX.

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Ishkabibble
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: Black

New owner of a 2013 PCX.

Post by Ishkabibble »

Hello, and thanks!

I'm the proud new owner of a 2013 PCX 150. Just purchased yesterday (4/4/16) from a private owner.

1870 miles, practically brand-new, and in great shape!

I'm looking forward to learning more about my new scooter here in this forum.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Re: New owner of a 2013 PCX.

Post by Mel46 »

Pictures please, so that we can give you suggestions. I have two 2013 pcx 150s. We have installed the tall Givi windshield, which really helps in lower rides, as well as a Givi tail box to put our helmets in. I have also added extra lights, front and back.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Ishkabibble
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Ishkabibble »

Mel46 wrote:Pictures please, so that we can give you suggestions. I have two 2013 pcx 150s. We have installed the tall Givi windshield, which really helps in lower rides, as well as a Givi tail box to put our helmets in. I have also added extra lights, front and back.
Well, okay. I've only got one pic so far, as I haven't yet gotten a tag and can't ride it. Given where I live, all the local tag offices are on limited hours because of the Tuna Mint, and it's in the garage of a friend. I'll take more pictures when I go out there. :oops:

For now, here's the one I have, and I'll also start a gallery.
Attachments
my150.jpg
my150.jpg (22.51 KiB) Viewed 3618 times
Roberto
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014

Post by Roberto »

Ishkabibble wrote:Hello, and thanks!

I'm the proud new owner of a 2013 PCX 150. Just purchased yesterday (4/4/16) from a private owner.

1870 miles, practically brand-new, and in great shape!

I'm looking forward to learning more about my new scooter here in this forum.
Congratulations! I just picked up a 2013 PCX 150, also black, that has very low miles on it. Join the club. Lots of good information and people on this forum.

Roberto
Abi in pace
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

Once you change out that horrible seat you will find it to be a very fun bike to have. We have custom seats on both of ours. Mine was special made to my specs in Thailand. If you want to see what can be done as far as seats go, go to powerbypcx.com. By the way, I also have a seat that one of our members had modified to remove the hump behind the rider. My wife used if for a while but decided to go back to her other custom one because of the back support. If you would like it, just pay shipping and it is yours.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by honkerman »

Ishkabibble wrote:
Mel46 wrote:Pictures please, so that we can give you suggestions. I have two 2013 pcx 150s. We have installed the tall Givi windshield, which really helps in lower rides, as well as a Givi tail box to put our helmets in. I have also added extra lights, front and back.
Well, okay. I've only got one pic so far, as I haven't yet gotten a tag and can't ride it. Given where I live, all the local tag offices are on limited hours because of the Tuna Mint, and it's in the garage of a friend. I'll take more pictures when I go out there. :oops:

For now, here's the one I have, and I'll also start a gallery.
Are tuna mints for those who want to keep people at a distance? Do they also come in onion and garlic? :lol:

Welcome to the PCX family!

Just a few recommendations: do an oil change just to be safe. Go over the scoot as if it was getting its 600 mile service (can probably skip the valve check, but wouldn't hurt), since there's a chance the original owner skipped that service. If you know for a fact that the 600 mile service was completed, it should be ok until 2500 miles. Also, If the gas in the tank is more than 3 months old the tank should be drained and fresh gas should replace the old.

Probably, not make or break items, but good preventative steps.
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)
Ishkabibble
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Ishkabibble »

honkerman wrote: Are tuna mints for those who want to keep people at a distance? Do they also come in onion and garlic? :lol:
No, it's singular, not plural. It only refers to one specific event. The phrase is how most of the people who live around where I do, refer to that little event they are having this week. Just say it out loud, with a strong southern drawl, as if it were one word, and you'll understand what it refers to.
I found something to put here.
Add yourself to the PCX-Forza Owner's Map!
Go here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ULV6Ib-uKsjMpWaPzPwAXmfB7vU&usp=sharing
For instructions how to add yourself go here: http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6437#p88888

Be sure to add your Model, year, color, and name if your scoot has one!
Ishkabibble
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Ishkabibble »

Mel46 wrote:Once you change out that horrible seat you will find it to be a very fun bike to have. We have custom seats on both of ours. Mine was special made to my specs in Thailand. If you want to see what can be done as far as seats go, go to powerbypcx.com. By the way, I also have a seat that one of our members had modified to remove the hump behind the rider. My wife used if for a while but decided to go back to her other custom one because of the back support. If you would like it, just pay shipping and it is yours.
Mel, that's very kind of you. From the little spin around the driveway of the friend who went with me to put it in the back of his truck to drive it home, I felt like I was sitting a little, um, forward, so to speak. I don't know quite how to describe it, but if I could just sit three or four inches farther back, I think it would be okay.

I appreciate the offer. I'll have to run that one past the accountant, and see what she says.

One of the things my wife suggested was that I "paint it white" (not knowing that white plastic body parts are available) so it would not be so dark and invisible.

I've seen the "powerbypcx" site, and they have some really nice seats there, but I didn't know they could do customer-specified work.

I am pretty sure that I'm going to learn a lot here. I hope I don't frustrate the hell out of you guys by being so inexperienced and ignorant of the ways of scooters.

Thanks!
Go here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ULV6Ib-uKsjMpWaPzPwAXmfB7vU&usp=sharing
For instructions how to add yourself go here: http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6437#p88888

honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by honkerman »

Ishkabibble wrote:
honkerman wrote: Are tuna mints for those who want to keep people at a distance? Do they also come in onion and garlic? :lol:
No, it's singular, not plural. It only refers to one specific event. The phrase is how most of the people who live around where I do, refer to that little event they are having this week. Just say it out loud, with a strong southern drawl, as if it were one word, and you'll understand what it refers to.
OHHH!!!! TUNA MINTS... HAH!

:lol:

There was an older Georgian lady that attended my dad's church in the Berkshires of Massachusetts. I was a kid at the time, and the first time she said she saw a "bar" in her back yard I had no idea what she meant...
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Welcome aboard Ishkabibble (love that crazy word, :P I do Remember hearing that. What's it mean?)
No worries about your in-experience as a scooter-er, just keep this in mind: We All had to start somewhere too ;)

By the Way, White is faster (more on that later) :D
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Ishkabibble wrote:

Tournament?
db22
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015

Post by db22 »

Ish: Wasn't the original Ish Kabibble a vaudville comedian? He had a shtik called "doubletalk" that sounded like speech but was actually gibberish. Am I thinking of the right person?
"Tuna Mint" brought back some memories of my years in the South. Back when I lived in East Texas, if you asked for a bagel at the local bakery, you'd have been directed to the hound asleep on the floor.
I may be goin' to hell in a bucket, but at least I'm enjoyin' the ride...
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Wow, I am totally adrift. I have no idea what-so-ever about the tuna-melt thingy.
:? Now I lived in the South for how many yrs :lol: Yeah, 15.
I ain't never hear 'bout this-in tuna phrase. I do declare I needs me some help. Ishkabibble...please do share. When you said to say and drawl out the word tunamelt, it reminded me of the movie Nell her sayin' .... "tay-ina-win" :lol:
(I enjoyed her talent in that movie. What a script to memorize, "Chick-o-pae")

Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
db22
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015

Post by db22 »

WhiteNoise wrote:Wow, I am totally adrift. I have no idea what-so-ever about the tuna-melt thingy.
I ain't never hear 'bout this-in tuna phrase. I do declare I needs me some help. Ishkabibble...please do share. When you said to say and drawl out the word tunamelt, it reminded me of the movie Nell her sayin' .... "tay-ina-win" :lol:

WN: Here's a lil' ol' hint -- note Ish's city. Think of an annual sporting event there involving dimples.
I may be goin' to hell in a bucket, but at least I'm enjoyin' the ride...
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

Ish, go to bikebandit.come and look at the panels for sale there. Most, but not all, 2011 panels will fit your 2013 pcx. You should be able to swap out all of your regular black panels for white ones for less than $200. The ones that won't fit are probably those that are flat black, as apposed to the glossy black they are now. Here is the link:
http://www.bikebandit.com/oem-parts/201 ... #sch691777
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

db22 wrote:
WhiteNoise wrote:Wow, I am totally adrift. I have no idea what-so-ever about the tuna-melt thingy.

WN: Here's a lil' ol' hint -- note Ish's city. Think of an annual sporting event there involving dimples.

Got it :D
Ishkabibble
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Ishkabibble »

you you wrote:
Ishkabibble wrote:

Tournament?
Ding! Ding! Ding!

We have a winner folks!

Was out there yesterday afternoon, and let me tell you, this was the coldest one of these things I've seen since High School. All of the gift shops were practically sold out of jackets, sweaters, and windbreakers by noon.