Crash protectors

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

YouGotToBeKiddingMe
Year: 2015
Color: White

Crash protectors

Post by YouGotToBeKiddingMe »

Good evening gentleman, I'm new to riding aswell as to this forum. I've got myself a white PCX125 couple months ago now for my commute to work as I couldn't stand one more day in trains and Tube. All is good, just had first service and it's been real fun every minute on it.
Anyway. My dear fiancée is so jealous now seeing me on a scooter that she wants to start riding aswell. Got her all clothing and helmet and today we went to practice a bit in a closed car park before her CBT test. First 5 minutes in I realised that she cannot balance the scooter, almost dropped it on a first go. Nightmare really. I advised on some lessons from professional teacher and she agreed. Now if all goes well and she'll get new scooter I'm thinking fitting it with those crash protectors if she will panic and drop it. Just spent on Google past half and hour and can see any specifically for PCX. Any ideas? Much appreciated!
Gediminas.
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: Crash protectors

Post by homie »

Rental scooter for a day... let things sort out for her and the waiver she signs on the rental agreement. Could end well, may end poorly either way your new scoot looks good.
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)

Post by iceman »

They say you never forget how to ride a bike, well I hadn't ridden a bicycle in best part of 15 years so had balance issues on my CBT and had to give up and try again. Bought a bicycle (wanted one anyway) and got my balance back on that. The CBT was easy then. Amazing how many things in life come down to confidence and not panicking - balance on 2 wheels and skiing down red/black slopes :)
j.d.b.
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red

Post by j.d.b. »

homie wrote:Rental scooter for a day... let things sort out for her and the waiver she signs on the rental agreement. Could end well, may end poorly either way your new scoot looks good.
^
THIS ^
Because NOTHING runs like a rental.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

j.d.b. wrote:
homie wrote:Rental scooter for a day... let things sort out for her and the waiver she signs on the rental agreement. Could end well, may end poorly either way your new scoot looks good.
^
THIS ^

What is the fastest car in the world?

A rental
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

you you wrote:
j.d.b. wrote:
^
THIS ^

What is the fastest car in the world?

A rental
It still took both jokes 5 seconds to register.... belated laugh out loud :lol:
YouGotToBeKiddingMe

Thank you for replies guys, I'm feeling that I didn't put my situation right in a first post to be honest.
I'm thinking getting these crash protectors (if there are any that fits) for her scooter when she's gonna pass her CBT. She wants to ride, she's not a teenager and got over 10 years of driving experience so I believe the wish is strong.
Just trying to be protective as I believe there will be some mishaps taking into account the weight of the scooter. Or just get a fully comprehensive insurance and whatever happens let them sort it out?
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

I put this guard under my muffler mainly because I like the looks to it (to each his own in liking), but it also serves to minimize the damage if you lay it over.
Kramnala58 PCX Exhaust.jpg
Kramnala58 PCX Exhaust.jpg (111.57 KiB) Viewed 1906 times
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus

Post by kramnala58 »

I also put this guard on the other side, once again, because I like the looks of it. It doesn't offer as much protection as the one on the other side, but it does offer some.
PCX Canister Breather 02.jpg
PCX Canister Breather 02.jpg (91.99 KiB) Viewed 1905 times
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
KonyaB
Year: 2015 PCX 125
Color: Black

Post by KonyaB »

Actually this question could be mine aswell, i'm looking for these crash protectors too. On eBay UK i didn't find anything particular for Honda PCX, instead i found lots of chinese "protectors" but i don't trust them.

I think the panel lower back side with the passenger footrests on is the most likely part of the bike to damage. Seeing what hammened with mine after a dropping on the side... The whole weight was on that spot. I attached a photo of it so you can see what i'm talking about.
These weakspots needs some kind of rubber protection, if available.
Any ideas?
Attachments
IMG_0308.JPG
IMG_0308.JPG (424.26 KiB) Viewed 1874 times
Currently owns: 2015 Honda PCX 125 & 2006 Yamaha YBR 125
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)

Post by iceman »

I wonder if you can fit some small metal extentions / protrubances (?) to the footrest bolts so that it sticks out an inch or two - must be doable and should offer protection for both sides. Or ride with the footrests out so they take the brunt of any fall :) Alternatively, for those who do not wish to carry passengers, perhaps the footrests can be removed and large rubber blocks or such bolted in their place - to provide crash protection for the plastics and trims.
YouGotToBeKiddingMe

#kramnala58
Where did you get them protectors from buddy? Ones that you've put under the exhaust are similar to what I'm looking to stick to my fiancées scooter
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus

Post by kramnala58 »

YouGotToBeKiddingMe wrote:#kramnala58
Where did you get them protectors from buddy? Ones that you've put under the exhaust are similar to what I'm looking to stick to my fiancées scooter
Off the shelf at a shop here in Bangkok, Thailand. But try the link below. They are way more expensive though than my off the shelf ones.

http://www.powerbypcx.com/en/