Radiator/coolant/fuel pump/thermostat issue 2016

The tragic place where threads go to die...

Moderator: Modsquad

Scootolicious
Year: 2016
Color: Steel Grey

Radiator/coolant/fuel pump/thermostat issue 2016

Post by Scootolicious »

I bought a new Honda PCX 2016 from dealer in Nov. 2015.
I noticed my overheat temp light came on while on 20 mile trip. Long story short- brought to dealer, said nothing wrong. I checked overflow bottle/ remained full. Happened again and I noticed it was leaking coolant but I couldn't figure out where it was coming from. Hoses were tight, etc. I brought back to dealer/ less than 100 miles on bike. They insisted nothing wrong and topped it off. Happens again- They said radiator had "a screw" that was missing and caused it to "crack", so changed it out after 3 days in shop. Within the next 20 miles/ it displayed the overheat temp light again and was leaking coolant. I brought it back/ dealer said it was an "air bubble" in radiator so they topped it off with coolant. Within the next 40 miles it was leaking again and light was back on saying overheating. This time I was furious- brought back to worthless dealer to demand somethings got to be done. They agreed to change thermostat and fuel pump hoping this would fix it. I just made it home- drove 15 miles and no lights yet. Hopefully this does the trick. Seems that the folks at my local Honda are extremely depressed and you never get a smiling face. Looks like I'm headed out of town if I purchase a new Honda again.
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Re: Radiator/coolant/fuel pump/thermostat issue 2016

Post by Alibally »

Locked. Duplicate post.