HandGuard

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

Oma

HandGuard

Post by Oma »

Hi guys,

New member here.i bought a PCX 125 a month ago. and i loved it from the first time my GF showed me the advert online. even thought i couldn't get the white one, i got silver one for good price anyway my question is now in UK its starting to get cold. and need to prepare for the winter commute. i have done research on what i could do to cover my hands from wind. but would like to know the experts advise. which hand guard is would fit PCX125? which is best one. i am going get good winter gloves but i do require wind deflector. and i do not want those mitts. they look ugly and heard not the best options. i have searched online and ebay found loads but got so confused. if they would fit, quality ,etc . some on ebay are going for 19.99. but i don't want to just spend the money on cheap things. i want good product. if you guys to help me that would be great.

also any good uk website which sells PCX body parts or accessories ?

thanks
Oma
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Re: HandGuard

Post by maddiedog »

I experimented with a few universal handguards on my PCX, they didn't fit because of the bar's curvature. The only type that will fit properly are the ones that only mount on one end, like these: http://www.dirtbikebitz.com/acerbis-dua ... 13856.html

^ The above link was just a quick google search -- you might be able to find better guards for cheaper elsewhere.
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Plastic handshields don't work anywhere near as well as proper handlebar muffs.
The Tucano Urbano ones are highly recommended.
http://www.urbanrider.co.uk/brands/tuca ... eight.html
Of course you will only need these if you are a southern softie :lol:
A decent pair of gloves should be enough, Hein Gericke Pathan lobster claws are good.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

I was going to pop some Oxford heated grips on over the winter break. Not keen on handguards or muffs. I figure that if it's too cold for heated grips I probably shouldn't be out
uploader
Regular User
Regular User

Post by uploader »

Oma wrote:

also any good uk website which sells PCX body parts?

thanks
Oma
Hi and welcome, You wont find many UK sites that sell body parts for the pcx
You could try overseas http://japan.webike.net But expect a long wait
Oma

Post by Oma »

thanks guys, for all the help..,i did look at heated grips. but i am not sure weather that would be good enough for me. i really dont like Public transport anymore. unless it snows or really really slippery on the road otherwise ill will be riding my PCX.:)

thanks for all the help guys much appreciate it .
Cooley_PCX_Rider
Regular User
Regular User

Re: HandGuard Originally Vetter products

Post by Cooley_PCX_Rider »

gn2 wrote:Plastic handshields don't work anywhere near as well as proper handlebar muffs.
The Tucano Urbano ones are highly recommended.
http://www.urbanrider.co.uk/brands/tuca ... eight.html
Of course you will only need these if you are a southern softie :lol:
A decent pair of gloves should be enough, Hein Gericke Pathan lobster claws are good.
My good friends the Vetter boys were the first to introduce these as Hippo Hands back in the early 1970's.

Nothing new under the sun.
PCX 150 Rider from East Central Illinois in the middle of the United States of America

gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

1970s?
Handlebar muffs were in use more than half a century before that.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Oma

Post by Oma »

Hey,

Back on again with issue, i bought these hand guards (Acerbis dual road). but i have issue putting them on. so far i have managed to take the grip and handle end bits which is not that difficult, but i need to take bits inside the handle bar that handle bar end screws into. i am not sure if anyone knows what i am talking about. tonight ill try and take pictures for clarification..i have searched online have not managed to find anything. if anyone got tips , advise that would be appreciated.

hand guard link.
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/Produ ... andguards/

thanks

Oma
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

I think the bits inside the handlebar that the weights attach to are welded to the bars
Cooley_PCX_Rider
Regular User
Regular User

Oma wrote:Hey,

Back on again with issue, i bought these hand guards (Acerbis dual road). but i have issue putting them on. so far i have managed to take the grip and handle end bits which is not that difficult, but i need to take bits inside the handle bar that handle bar end screws into. i am not sure if anyone knows what i am talking about. tonight ill try and take pictures for clarification..i have searched online have not managed to find anything. if anyone got tips , advise that would be appreciated.

hand guard link.
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/Produ ... andguards/

thanks

Oma
Very distinct for dirt bikes.

I am going to design and make some for our PCX scoots. They need to be sleek and look good plus function very well.
I'm in the plastic molding biz and since I'll be riding my PCX this winter will need this protection.
PCX 150 Rider from East Central Illinois in the middle of the United States of America

Cooley_PCX_Rider
Regular User
Regular User

gn2 wrote:1970s?
Handlebar muffs were in use more than half a century before that.
Oh, I'm sure they were but no one was commercially making a set that actually worked or was available
in the mid to late 1960's.

See www.craigvetter.com for this info. Vetter is very famous and an outstanding guy too.

The history of his inventions for motorcycles is on this website.

Plus he has a passion for scooters.

maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011

Post by maddiedog »

Oma wrote:i need to take bits inside the handle bar that handle bar end screws into. i am not sure if anyone knows what i am talking about. tonight ill try and take pictures for clarification..i have searched online have not managed to find anything. if anyone got tips , advise that would be appreciated.
Unfortunately, those are welded in. I tried to put some generic ones on, but couldn't get them to mount properly because of this. If you can reuse the existing screw that attaches the barend weights, you should be able to attach them, otherwise you'll probably have to get new bars.
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
Wazzycabbage
Year: 2015
Color: Pearl white

Post by Wazzycabbage »

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-Lig ... SwPCVYBYTT

Found these on webike Japan site then looked on eBay.com. found same and link is above !!!! Ordered
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)

Post by iceman »

Wazzycabbage wrote:https://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-Lig ... SwPCVYBYTT
Found these on webike Japan site then looked on eBay.com. found sane and link is above !!!! Ordered
They look so tiny, not sure they do any good. Universal Handguards found all over Ebay for about £11 are larger, fit well and work better.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

ice, why not show him an example of what your speaking of? Others will want a peek too :D
I see this thread was just resurrected. Older link samples are just that.

Hi new member Wazzycabbage! :) That's an interesting name. Are you a cook, grow cabbage, love cabbage or...? :oops: I'm just nosey and curious at how you arrived at that. Of course, up to you if you want to reply? I think it's cool how we arrive at some of our forum names.

Ok off that! Whilst I'm chatting here would you do us a favor and add your location to your profile?
I have easy directions below my post to get that done. It most certainly will help us to help you now and in the future.
Stick with us and You'll see ;) Cheers!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)

Post by iceman »

WhiteNoise wrote:ice, why not show him an example of what your speaking of? Others will want a peek too :D Cheers!
:) - here's my older post with still valid links - these seem to be ever popular and less than £10!
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php? ... 49#p110260
They do 'just' touch the screen at full left or right turn when parked, but I've never had an issue in real life and many others use these too. They are good, stop a lot of the wind, if only they would make some that have an extra few inches over the top of your hands to stop more wind and rain and more of the same on the bottom, but they are some of the best I have seen for simple guards.
I'm thinking of adding flexible vinyl or such to extend the coverage above and below the hands, just not worked out how to do that or what with - perhaps some thin large muffs over these would be great?
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Perfect ice! Thanks sport :P

Wazzy, waz up? Come back. We need your location. Folk are offering up links to your handguard request. See iceman's link above. Click it and then see other links for both USA and UK handguard suppliers.

Re: the Barkbusters "Storm," if I remember correctly they're favs on bike forums. I like the others as well. Good picks guys!
To each their own and to what's available (close to home is nice :D )
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Gil
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: black

Post by Gil »

I have those, they are a good budget option.

Gil
ImageImage
  • 2013 Honda PCX 150, NCY Variator kit, Dr Pulley 13g Roller weights
  • IRC and City Grip tires, LED driving lights, Coroplast top box, MFR exhaust, Daytona Windshield.