Today's Quick Pic

Pictures of your scooter, ride reports, and day trips.

Moderator: Modsquad

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: Today's Quick Pic

Post by WhiteNoise »

Crap! Excuse me for sharing that :oops: I drove out to the car show yesterday (Sat) & saw lots of cars but Not car show classics! Just everyday cages were spotted. I went on the Wrong day!! :x It's today!! :x I remembered wrong! Maybe I can get a quick look today, Not sure :( family plans. Well, if not this car show, they'll be another very soon (fall weather here brings us lots of Fun!)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Fooled ya! PK, signal stalks are there, look closer expand the pic. Gotta love the White, it can hide fugly bits yet stand out as a whole in a crowd! 8)
Off the topic a bit?...can someone please explain why the U.S. PCX has stalks and the new Forza doesn't? Did regulations change? Can I legally remove my PCX wink-e-dinks If I wanted too? Might help to pass the info on when it comes time to part ways. Oh, that is :roll:
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Taz, okay understand arrow points direction for Lunch that-away and entrance (?)....in this case I'm pretty certain an office building door. So tell me then, where would you go for Breakfast? Tis Weird. No wonder the tables are empty, the place is a puzzlement!
Agree to blah name: Cafe' :roll: Why not blot it all out and call it B & L Cafe'. The phone # is (imo) tacky/ugly. Have a sensible entrance, inviting one in. I might go in, eat, grab a menu with tele # and leave smiling. Perhaps, say Yummy? I will add though that my little scoot blended in very nicely with their canopy color, cheers and thanks for that! :P
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hey Chuck good turnout! Spring and Fall make for cool fun gatherings. I see a mix of bikes, was anyone's outstanding? :D I'm zooming in, looking for ya....where are ya?

Sorry peeps! I've overdone my stay, :oops: I'm really not a hog nor do I ride one. I will now scoot off, but I shall return. (Smile :? after you read that p l e a s e :P
chucktuna
I'm up to 12 or 13 now...
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Post by chucktuna »

WhiteNoise wrote:Hey Chuck good turnout! Spring and Fall make for cool fun gatherings. I see a mix of bikes, was anyone's outstanding? :D I'm zooming in, looking for ya....where are ya?
Not in any of the pics, I'm behind the lens (cell phone)

We trailered them from St Louis, Tmax and the Old Elite, and my buddies Silverwing:

Ferry crossing the Ohio river:

A few other shots:

Too many scoots..... 12 or so I think .
chucktuna

Post by chucktuna »

Here's a shot of my ruckus crew from the 2007 rally ;) :

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

One big word:
F U N T A S T I C !!
chucktuna

Post by chucktuna »

The XYL scooter club puts on a great event. I've been 4 times and had much fun and made a few friends along the way that I never would have met.

This one is more of the Vespa 2 stroke crowd, at least it was when I went, but its seemed to evolve into more diverse, anything goes, ride.

If you guys have never been to a scooter meet/ ride / rally before, you're missing out.

The scoot.net site always had the best nationwide calendar for almost all of these type events,
but either the site is temporarily down now...or gone altogether??
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

WhiteNoise wrote:Fooled ya! PK, signal stalks are there, look closer expand the pic. Gotta love the White, it can hide fugly bits yet stand out as a whole in a crowd! 8)
Off the topic a bit?...can someone please explain why the U.S. PCX has stalks and the new Forza doesn't? Did regulations change? Can I legally remove my PCX wink-e-dinks If I wanted too? Might help to pass the info on when it comes time to part ways. Oh, that is :roll:
No idea why the PCX has them and the Forza doesn't. Maybe it is not a regulation issue as much as it may have been who was on duty the day the person(s) approving the PCX for the US was working and the day the person(s) approving the Forza was.

As far as removing the stalks, you will probably attract unnecessary attention from the law if you simply remove them, but if you replace them them 'rest-of-the-world' assembly units or something different, you will probably be okay as there are so many different bikes out there, how would the average cop know. :? :roll: There are also some nice small LED units available with a much smaller profile.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

The Admiral and I took the scoot to the coast for a bit of a ride. There was a nice walk out to some rocks, and a good view of why harbors are so popular around here.

BTW - MrSuperChicken - the Admiral and I have to be around 380 lb, and, with the exception of the rear shock bottoming out if I am not watching out for crappy road, we do just fine. We have one bit of road where I have to accelerate from a light up a pretty steep grade (7% maybe) on US route 1 (50-55 MPH) and can only get to about 40 or so. Fortunately the top is not far away, and then we are at road speed.
Attachments
New England Coast
New England Coast
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Ah the salty air does me wonders of good. Would like to be sitting on a rock at waters edge fishing & daydreaming. Later visit my friend who dwells in home above. Perhaps share my catch of the day, chat over a glass of wine while the sun sets. All make believe, I know. The power of a photo.
Thanks for taking me "there" :P
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

chucktuna, I'm wanting that "Scooter" van & trailer combo! So cool. Out with the Vespa(s)...in with the PCX(s). So much better :P
Lagerhead

Post by Lagerhead »

Out playing photo tag with one of the local motorcycle forums...

DSC_0019 by benandangie, on Flickr
apeacezalt

Post by apeacezalt »

Today's Quick Pic
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (129.21 KiB) Viewed 1906 times
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Went into NYC Weds. 9/11/13, (via train to Penn Station, Madison Square Garden) I was a bit nervous, I admit.
9/11, a day We will never forget. Pause: Moment of silence.
Arrived safe and sound, ya gotta be careful folks! Lots! I mean LOTS of Hustle and bustle....That's the Big Apple!
No show'n'tell now but hopefully I'll get pics posted by tomorrow. :? Hmm...& I'll be breaking my own rule by posting over 2 pics. Bah! Who cares! Forget about it! (Now you Know I was in the big city!) :lol: :lol:

Where have ya'll been?? Are you taking any "quick pics" that you can share here? NOTE: 2 pic rule now trashed! To strict! :P Remember it doesn't have to be scooter related, that's the fun of this thread.
See ya later, and I'm bringing NYC!! 8)
Vagabondman
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Vagabondman »

Tell me about it. Born in Texas, but raised in da Big Apple. Crazy busy city, & i have to get away every now and then...but I always miss it, and come back. No city quite like it.

Can't believe its been 12 years already. One thing about us New Yawkers, when the shit goes down, we come together. :-)

I will never forget that day. Nor will I forget the first terrorist attack on the trade center in 1993. I was working as an intern at Xerox in one of the sub basements....right below where the bomb went off in the parking garage. The lights went out and the office s filled up with smoke. I just remember everyone was so calm. We followed the emergency lights to the stairwell and made our way up. I was the last in line and when we hit sub basement level 2, the door burst open and thick black smoke spilled out. There were two janitors carrying an unconscious man and I helped them carry him up the rest of the way. To this day, I don't know who he was.

Anyway...we will never forget. Viva la Nueve York! ;-)
Lagerhead

Post by Lagerhead »

P9216137 by benandangie, on Flickr
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Beautiful photo again Lager! Oh the Leaves, they are a turn...ing. I see them on the ground already Be careful folks!

As promised (but 3 days later), Our Fabulous City; "New York! New York!"
WARNING! "Quick Pic" Heavy
Madison Square Garden.JPG
Madison Square Garden.JPG (77.78 KiB) Viewed 1830 times
Hard Rock Cafe.JPG
Hard Rock Cafe.JPG (159.91 KiB) Viewed 1830 times
Hard Rock Cafe Long Wall of Guitars.JPG
Hard Rock Cafe Long Wall of Guitars.JPG (96.88 KiB) Viewed 1830 times
Billy Joel Cycle 1 Hard Rock Cafe.JPG
Billy Joel Cycle 1 Hard Rock Cafe.JPG (113.74 KiB) Viewed 1830 times
Paul McCartney Guitar Hard Rock Cafe.JPG
Paul McCartney Guitar Hard Rock Cafe.JPG (87.57 KiB) Viewed 1830 times
Gotta Have Soul.JPG
Gotta Have Soul.JPG (83.75 KiB) Viewed 1830 times
Human Liberty  c'mon Stand By Me.JPG
Human Liberty c'mon Stand By Me.JPG (118.05 KiB) Viewed 1830 times
New Yrs. Eve Ball 2.JPG
New Yrs. Eve Ball 2.JPG (106.82 KiB) Viewed 1830 times
WAIT!! There's More! o_O
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Is the big apple ready for you?
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

~~~~INTERMISSION~~~~
A hot temp day in the Big City! :? 95 degrees! But so worth going in....it was Amazing! I went with friends to see a matinee showing of "Motown the Musical." What fun! "Same Old Song" but I sang my 'ol heart out, & Imagine....no one left! Afterwards, we hit the streets! The city was Crazy Cool! I couldn't take pictures fast enough. I was a bit disappointed that a taxi blocked a string of Police Scooters but if you look close you can see their windscreens behind the cab). We moved on through the crowds (I swear! there's no folk on the planet like NYC folk). I continued to stop, walk, click. Then we came upon The Hard Rock Cafe got a bite to eat and drink(s)...but of course! 8) then, Out again....for more pictures! Time went fast. Our return train was delayed going home, we were told a pedestrian had been killed on the tracks near our destination. OMGosh, Horribly Sad. Hung there at Penn Station, No A/C...must've been over 100 degrees! We all stood a few feet apart staring at the changing schedule, & listening to announcments. Got home late. A Long Day folks but Full of Fun and Amazement.
Hope ya'll don't mind me sharing soo much :oops: I really had a hard time choosing out of all the photo's I took.
For anyone contemplating about coming to NYC I say....."Get off the Fence" and just do it! :P
There's No Business Like Show Business and New York City!! Really, how can ya miss?? ;)