New member/ Owner

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Richard
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014
Color: Black

New member/ Owner

Post by Richard »

Hi all,
Brought mine last week and since then have been lurking on the forum reading various posts, thought it about time to say hello.
This is my first scooter, previously I have owned all manner of bikes, my last being an 2003 Africa Twin.
I have returned to two wheels mainly as a commuter tool...but after a week of riding I find I am really enjoying my trip into London.
Think my first purchase will be a taller screen.....so any advice on which one will be greatly received.

Regards.
Richard
Embattle
Regular User
Regular User
Color: Red

Re: New member/ Owner

Post by Embattle »

Hello, not got a Forza at the moment but I'll at least get the official taller screen from honda if I do go the Forza route.
phantom309

Post by phantom309 »

welcome to the world of forza . i have the honda tall screen. but just bought the givi airflow screen, as it offer a little more protection from the elements..an has the extended bubbles where you hands are ...not fitted yet as only got the phone call this morning ....
having an adventure before dementia !!!!!!!
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

phantom309 wrote:welcome to the world of forza . i have the honda tall screen. but just bought the givi airflow screen, as it offer a little more protection from the elements..an has the extended bubbles where you hands are ...not fitted yet as only got the phone call this morning ....

So it may or may deliver extra "protection"?
Richard
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Richard »

phantom309 wrote:welcome to the world of forza . i have the honda tall screen. but just bought the givi airflow screen, as it offer a little more protection from the elements..an has the extended bubbles where you hands are ...not fitted yet as only got the phone call this morning ....
Does that mean the Honda one may be for sale?
horobags
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2017
Color: white

Post by horobags »

yes the seed was planted andy, I pick me forza (300) up on thursday. :D 8)
and welcome Richard. :)
Blackbeard1718
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Blackbeard1718 »

^^^ +1!!!

I got the Givi Air-Flow last month, and have been riding with it during January. We've been having such weird weather here in TEXAS, Winter Riding chances have increased! 50-Deg last week, and yesterday and today... 78-Deg... Sat, Sun & Mon... 82-Deg is in the forecast.

With the varying Temps yoyoing up and down, I've had a great opportunity to Test the Givi Air-Flow. Raise it up for Cool Weather, and Lower it for Warm Weather. When we hit the 3-Digits this coming Summer, I'll pull off the Slider, and store it until it gets back into the 2-Digit Temp Range again.

FWIW, I had the Regular Givi on there and liked it, but it offered too much Helmet Turbulence at anything over 55. The Air-Flow is much more versatile and comfortable now. I'll hang on to the Regular Givi as a spare.

Cheers!

BB
Blackbeard

"The Floggings will continue, until Morale improves!"

Current Scoot: 2014 Honda Forza 300 ABS (Red October)

Former Scoots: TNG Verona 150, Kymco People S200, Kymco People S250, Suzuki Burgman 400, Honda Ruckus 50, Yamaha Zuma 125, Kymco People GTi300, Honda Big Ruckus PS250
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

Blackbeard1718 wrote:

^^^ +1!!!

I got the Givi Air-Flow last month, and have been riding with it during January. We've been having such weird weather here in TEXAS, Winter Riding chances have increased! 50-Deg last week, and yesterday and today... 78-Deg... Sat, Sun & Mon... 82-Deg is in the forecast.

With the varying Temps yoyoing up and down, I've had a great opportunity to Test the Givi Air-Flow. Raise it up for Cool Weather, and Lower it for Warm Weather. When we hit the 3-Digits this coming Summer, I'll pull off the Slider, and store it until it gets back into the 2-Digit Temp Range again.

FWIW, I had the Regular Givi on there and liked it, but it offered too much Helmet Turbulence at anything over 55. The Air-Flow is much more versatile and comfortable now. I'll hang on to the Regular Givi as a spare.

Cheers!

BB
OK, how tall is everyone? I am short (5'6") and I would like to see over the airflow. I might try taping bits onto my Tall Honda screen to change the airflow to hit my helmet a little more in the rain to unfog it and clear the rain drops.

A friend of mine had a home built aircraft and he glued little tiny 1/8 inch vortex generators on the wing. He said it made a huge difference in the rain.

Snow warnings today and I have a cold. I haven't even checked my lottery tickets. I hate being sick and in pain. I want a new body!
horobags
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2017
Color: white

Post by horobags »

Richard wrote:
yes, Phantom has indicated on another site he is selling the honda screen, dont think he has seen the above post. Pm him Richard. ;)
Richard
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Richard »

horobags wrote:
Richard wrote:
yes, Phantom has indicated on another site he is selling the honda screen, dont think he has seen the above post. Pm him Richard. ;)
Many thanks.....but, I cant message him as I dont have enough posts.
Is Phantom based in the States do you know?
Mister Paul
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Mister Paul »

I'm 5'9"(and a half!) and have the Honda tall screen. It keeps the wind off my body, and rolls rain downwards off my visor (I use that Nikwax visor stuff). I ride 45 miles of motorway every day and the screen is great.

I've also got heated grips and Barkbuster Storm handguards which look after my hands during the winter.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

Mister Paul wrote:I'm 5'9"(and a half!) and have the Honda tall screen. It keeps the wind off my body, and rolls rain downwards off my visor (I use that Nikwax visor stuff). I ride 45 miles of motorway every day and the screen is great.

I've also got heated grips and Barkbuster Storm handguards which look after my hands during the winter.
So I need to sit on a 2x4 to get my head up to clear the rain. The DR650 stock seat felt like a 2x4.

I find the Tall Honda screen makes my Forza rideable in gusty winds. With the stock screen the Fraser Canyon winds in BC were brutal. A couple of big paper clips might be enough to bend the wind down a bit in the rain. I will experiment. Or maybe a beer cup in the lower vent by the headlights. I wonder what a sock stuffed in that lower vent would do.

I was riding in forest fires last summer. I should have watched the smoke around the shield.
Blackbeard1718
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Blackbeard1718 »

davenowherejones wrote:
OK, how tall is everyone?
I'm 6'1", but I also removed the Seats Butt Bumper, to gain about another 2" in leg room, plus I'm sitting on an AirHawk Seat Cushion, adding about another 1/2" to the Height Factor!

Cheers!

BB
Blackbeard

"The Floggings will continue, until Morale improves!"

Current Scoot: 2014 Honda Forza 300 ABS (Red October)

Former Scoots: TNG Verona 150, Kymco People S200, Kymco People S250, Suzuki Burgman 400, Honda Ruckus 50, Yamaha Zuma 125, Kymco People GTi300, Honda Big Ruckus PS250
phantom309

Post by phantom309 »

Richard wrote:.
unfortunately not based in the states . i'm UK...
Richard
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Richard »

phantom309 wrote:
Richard wrote:.
unfortunately not based in the states . i'm UK...
Result....so am I!
Do you still have the screen ?
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hey guys! Hi, can you, will you please complete your profiles adding your locations? You two would have avoided the wait had you both been able to SEE where you were.
It will help you later on too.
Thank yas! :) and ride safely
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Richard
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Richard »

Thanks Mark...cant reply by pm as yet
phantom309

Post by phantom309 »

yes i still have it , i'm in the midlands , worcestershire ...
phantom309

Post by phantom309 »

WhiteNoise wrote:Hey guys! Hi, can you, will you please complete your profiles adding your locations? You two would have avoided the wait had you both been able to SEE where you were.
It will help you later on too.
Thank yas! :) and ride safely

done... :o
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Yes indeed, and I/We thank you both ;)
Now it would be great if a Screen finds a new (nearby :) home. Good luck guys
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You