foam for seat mods

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

jon_l
Year: 2013
Color: black PCX

foam for seat mods

Post by jon_l »

I am planning to work on my PowerbyPCX seat over the winter. It is better than the OEM, but as sendler and others have posted, the bosses in the pan are still there, so there is still a hump. Also, padding is thin in that area, and I would like the seat more level (fill in the ex-hump area and raise the front a bit).

This is the seat now:

I need to learn more about seat foam, type, density, where to buy, etc. Also about spray adhesives.

I just bought a pneumatic staple gun, since I know from past experience that my old hand Arrow T50 doesn't work well on seat pans. I also bought 5/16" stainless steel staples.

Can anyone point me towards some resources for educating myself about foam and seat-work?

Thank you.
black 2013 PCX150, red & black 2012 Triumph Thunderbird 1600
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: foam for seat mods

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hi jon, take a look here http://www.diymotorcycleseat.com for some ideas. Hope this helps with your planning :P Good luck and make sure to show us your results.
Happy Winter!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
jon_l
Year: 2013
Color: black PCX

Re: foam for seat mods

Post by jon_l »

Thank you WN. That site looks promising.
black 2013 PCX150, red & black 2012 Triumph Thunderbird 1600