US Exhaust options PCX150

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

Joel PCX150
Year: 2015
Color: White

US Exhaust options PCX150

Post by Joel PCX150 »

Hello everyone. I bought my 2015 PCX this summer and rode it a little over 2000 miles in about 2 months. It's now the terrible winter here in Minnesota :( so the bike is stored in my basement awaiting spring.

After riding it I have absolutely no complaints, but of course i can't leave well enough alone. I want to do a K&N filter and an exhaust. The one issue is that I'm struggling to find an exhaust available here in the US. I talked with a Yoshimura rep and he said it would cost about $800 to import a system from Japan which is just more than I'm willing top spend.

So I was hoping to get input from any US PCX 150 owners. Have any of you purchased exhausts? I'd like to know where you got them, fit, quality, and sound. Any info i can get is great. I prefer a full system but I'm not against a slip on muffler either.

Thanks in advance, I've really enjoyed the information from all the people on this forum.
BPT7594
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014
Color: Black

Re: US Exhaust options PCX150

Post by BPT7594 »

Welcome to the forum.
You can try the Leovince Granturismo, which looks awesome and very aggressive while keeping an elegant style. The sound is nothing to write home about, I've heard it in real life, not very bassy, which in my taste is a must for exhaust. Here's a picture:
pcx-2014-gan-leovince-granturismo-manh-me-7125-1406086115-53cf2be3e5be0.jpg
pcx-2014-gan-leovince-granturismo-manh-me-7125-1406086115-53cf2be3e5be0.jpg (89.37 KiB) Viewed 4367 times
Or the Leovince Corsa, which cost a lot less than the Granturismo, it's a hanging exhaust, full system so it may shake a little. I used to have a hanging exhaust, the shaking alone drove me crazy and pushed me to sell it, hanging exhaust never again. The leovince Corsa has a lot more bass, which is great but the sound level (dB) is much more compared to the Granturismo, if it's not a hassle then it's a great value/price ratio product.
exhaust-leovince-gp-corsa-carbon-for-honda-pcx-125-2013-and-after.jpg
exhaust-leovince-gp-corsa-carbon-for-honda-pcx-125-2013-and-after.jpg (31.95 KiB) Viewed 4367 times
This is my personal favorite, the IXIL dual exhaust for the PCX. Gives you 4 options to choose from:
1/ 2 silencers installed, still has bass but a very low key profile
2/ silencer on top installed, bottom removed, more bass, but still low key profile
3/ silencer on top removed, bottom installed, even more bass, no more low key
4/ both silencers removed, the bass is insane, standing next to it can cause your heart to pump a little like standing next to a high power speaker. About the sound level, the police's gonna notice :lol: .
Plus it looks awesome.
pot-echapement-ix...-pcx-150-3b2ebc7.jpg
pot-echapement-ix...-pcx-150-3b2ebc7.jpg (159.81 KiB) Viewed 4367 times
That's a Youtube link of the 4th option, no silencer whatsoever. That's a real life video, that's me filming my friend's PCX 125 esp.
https://youtu.be/L1MpSQDvjtk
Hope it helps.
Joel PCX150

Post by Joel PCX150 »

I do seem to be able to get the Leo Vince GP exhaust here in the states. Are you saying it rattles? Even if mounted properly?

I'm also curious because this system says 2012/2013 models, did they change at all between 2013 and 2015 or will this system bolt up fine?
BPT7594
Regular User
Regular User

Post by BPT7594 »

It's a hanging exhaust. I've never seen it on a PCX in my country, but I've seen it on a lot of bikes and yes they do shake a little, even if it's a full system, but I guess it's fine because you can never have the tightness of metal like the Granturismo with a hanging exhaust. It does not shake like crazy, no, but shaking a little after some bumps or when the engine revving too high, yes, a little here meaning 0.04, 0.08 inch sideways, you would not notice it, the sound is not changed but the the guy riding behind you can.
My old hanging exhaust was a SBK EVO 2 carbon, shakes like hell, so I had to sell it because it drove me crazy.
I guess it'll fit just fine. Most exhaust are not info updated for the new scooters anyway.
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax

Post by Jge64 »

All of the exhausts above are too ornate for me. (Yes, to each his own)The clear winner for me was a malossi exhaust, clean looking, virtually no rivets and colored items, just a clean look and great sound:
I might add the bracket it hangs on is cnc precision looking too, and all fasteners hidden when mounted.
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
Joel PCX150

Post by Joel PCX150 »

That is a very high quality looking exhaust. What website did you purchase it from?
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Jge64 »

https://scooterpartsco.com/malossi/malo ... fhc6p6ilm7

Good ship time and packaging, more pics in my build thread in my signature below.
Glen
Joel PCX150

Post by Joel PCX150 »

Looks like a quality piece. It bolted up to your 2015 PCX 150 with no modifications? Did you also install a K&N or similar high flow air filter? I was thinking of doing them together since they go hand in hand.
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Jge64 »

No mods, perfect bolt up, I run a k&n air filter. The big air filter canisters look too ricer for me. There are no downsides to this exhaust. Two nice sounds, with dbkiller in or out.

see my build thread for installation comments.
Last edited by Jge64 on Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Glen
Joel PCX150

Post by Joel PCX150 »

I'll check it out, thanks for the input.
proteinsdef
Year: 2013

Post by proteinsdef »

I strongly recommend you DONT buy the Leo Vince gp corsa. I purchased it for my 125 as it looked awesome and was a good price. Fitted it no real problems. However, a number of problems once riding. The noise is just too much even with the db killer in. Secondly its completely straight through and felt quite a reduction in power. But the worst thing is that the header pipe swells before the silencer, when I attempted to turn right the exhaust caught badly and scraped the header pipe. I was practically having to go round corners almost upright. I managed to send it back, but it has major flaws for the little pcx. The malossi is a class act or get on webike, with loads to choose from.
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

proteinsdef wrote:I strongly recommend you DONT buy the Leo Vince gp corsa. I purchased it for my 125 as it looked awesome and was a good price. Fitted it no real problems. However, a number of problems once riding. The noise is just too much even with the db killer in. Secondly its completely straight through and felt quite a reduction in power. But the worst thing is that the header pipe swells before the silencer, when I attempted to turn right the exhaust caught badly and scraped the header pipe. I was practically having to go round corners almost upright. I managed to send it back, but it has major flaws for the little pcx. The malossi is a class act or get on webike, with loads to choose from.
You have to look for the exhaust where it shows the header Pipe is tucked right under the the radiator as much as it can be, only then you will have little trouble banking right..
BPT7594
Regular User
Regular User

Post by BPT7594 »

The Corsa GP was designed to be a slip on with multiple pipe for many bikes.
Where I'm from the PCX guys mostly use Leovince Granturismo or the old 4Road Scoot (which is awesome), the Malossi, the IXIL, or the Takegawa silent sport exhaust, sounds like stock but a bit louder.
For me, hanging exhaust never again, metal hangers or I'll walk away, the old hanging exhaust drove me insane, I was obsessed with getting it right.
waspmike
Regular User
Regular User

Post by waspmike »

Will someone expalin a "hanging" exhaust? Don't they all hang from a bracket?
BPT7594
Regular User
Regular User

Post by BPT7594 »

it means the muffler is not welded to a piece of metal, then the piece of metal is hung and secure with a bolt into the swingarm, but it's actually hold up by a bracket, which is then hung and secure to the swingarm.
Tommyaweej

Post by Tommyaweej »

BPT7594 wrote:Welcome to the forum.
You can try the Leovince Granturismo, which looks awesome and very aggressive while keeping an elegant style. The sound is nothing to write home about, I've heard it in real life, not very bassy, which in my taste is a must for exhaust. Here's a picture:
pcx-2014-gan-leovince-granturismo-manh-me-7125-1406086115-53cf2be3e5be0.jpg

Or the Leovince Corsa, which cost a lot less than the Granturismo, it's a hanging exhaust, full system so it may shake a little. I used to have a hanging exhaust, the shaking alone drove me crazy and pushed me to sell it, hanging exhaust never again. The leovince Corsa has a lot more bass, which is great but the sound level (dB) is much more compared to the Granturismo, if it's not a hassle then it's a great value/price ratio product.
exhaust-leovince-gp-corsa-carbon-for-honda-pcx-125-2013-and-after.jpg
This is my personal favorite, the IXIL dual exhaust for the PCX. Gives you 4 options to choose from:
1/ 2 silencers installed, still has bass but a very low key profile
2/ silencer on top installed, bottom removed, more bass, but still low key profile
3/ silencer on top removed, bottom installed, even more bass, no more low key
4/ both silencers removed, the bass is insane, standing next to it can cause your heart to pump a little like standing next to a high power speaker. About the sound level, the police's gonna notice :lol: .
Plus it looks awesome.
pot-echapement-ix...-pcx-150-3b2ebc7.jpg
That's a Youtube link of the 4th option, no silencer whatsoever. That's a real life video, that's me filming my friend's PCX 125 esp.
https://youtu.be/L1MpSQDvjtk
Hope it helps.

How do you remove the silencer on the ixil?