Woolley's PCX

Pictures of your scooter, ride reports, and day trips.

Moderator: Modsquad

ese12105
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Woolley's PCX

Post by ese12105 »

No problem :-) I totally agree that he should call in if a little piece of garnish could possibly put him through what his insurance company did with his car. That is just complete and utter bull crap.
Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Woolley »

Its still going on aswell. Im yet to receive any money or my car back and the accident was on 6th September. Never EVER get insured with CIS (co-op).
ImageImage ImageImage Image
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

That's ridiculous. If something like that happens in the USA, there's a lawsuit... Can you sue the insurer or anything? Last I recall, they denied your claim because your car had a stock spoiler on it, what is their excuse now?
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Woolley »

Ive heard nothing since then. I had to post back my insurance documents. I screwed them up in a ball and shoved them in the envelope to send back. Good news is im still entitled to free legal cover (my whiplash claim) and im getting that sent to me in writing. I should be getting the £1100 back i paid for the policy which is only £300 less than the claim. And i should get my car back. They cant just take it off me if their not paying out. Ill break it for parts and sell it for scrap. Ive seen a solicitior about it and shes written a very long and well worded letter to the co-op demanding a copy of my entire file, full explanations of all possible outcomes and explanations of everything so far. And its also appealing the decision. Ive probably missed bits the letters full of big legal words i dont understand :lol:
In the meantime though, i cant fault my bike insurance. They havnt added any costs on (yet?) because of my car claim.
al69
Regular User
Regular User

Post by al69 »

Glad you have got a solicitor on to it, that should rattle the cage of whoever made the decision to deny the claim and void the insurance.
Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Woolley »

ese12105 wrote:No problem :-) I totally agree that he should call in if a little piece of garnish could possibly put him through what his insurance company did with his car. That is just complete and utter bull crap.
Phoned up lexham today, they phoned me back 10 minutes later and said neither the transmission cover nor the rimtape will make a change to the policy, but theyve noted it down. :)
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

Woolley wrote:
ese12105 wrote:No problem :-) I totally agree that he should call in if a little piece of garnish could possibly put him through what his insurance company did with his car. That is just complete and utter bull crap.
Phoned up lexham today, they phoned me back 10 minutes later and said neither the transmission cover nor the rimtape will make a change to the policy, but theyve noted it down. :)

GOOD.....!!!!!... 8)
Ridin' and Socializin' the Southeastern USA on a 2014 Honda FORZA 300 Scooter...45+ years of Riding averaging 30,000 miles per year...!!!
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

Good to know :-)
Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Woolley »

Woolley wrote:Ive heard nothing since then. I had to post back my insurance documents. I screwed them up in a ball and shoved them in the envelope to send back. Good news is im still entitled to free legal cover (my whiplash claim) and im getting that sent to me in writing. I should be getting the £1100 back i paid for the policy which is only £300 less than the claim. And i should get my car back. They cant just take it off me if their not paying out. Ill break it for parts and sell it for scrap. Ive seen a solicitior about it and shes written a very long and well worded letter to the co-op demanding a copy of my entire file, full explanations of all possible outcomes and explanations of everything so far. And its also appealing the decision. Ive probably missed bits the letters full of big legal words i dont understand :lol:
In the meantime though, i cant fault my bike insurance. They havnt added any costs on (yet?) because of my car claim.
Ive got a letter back from co-op today. They are giving me my car back, which ill be able to break for parts and then sell for scrap, plus im getting my £1100 for my policy back. But they still havnt worked out whos fault it is. If they decide its his (which it is) then case closed. If not then they didnt say, but i assume ill get a bill for his car plus legal expenses and allsorts of bollocks.
Good news for now is ill finally have my PCX paid off on this payday next week, and with the £1100 from co-op i will only have £500 left to pay on my car insurance for my golf. So i should be debt free by February :D
ese12105
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ese12105 »

Yaay debt free!!!
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

Congrats, Wooley. Glad to hear it's all working out finally. I still can't believe all the crap they put you through because of a factory spoiler. Such silliness.
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Woolley's PCX

Post by Woolley »

Well, for now it's working out but they'll probably end up saying I owe them money for his car and all the expenses and his injury claim etc. Just gotta get my debt out the way then hope for the best, saving money as I go just in case.
Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Woolley »

as of today, after 7 and a half months of ownership (and unexpected rough car times financially), the bike is officially paid off and i can start saving money on the petrol now :lol:
Now just to get rid of the £474 left to pay on my car insurance...
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Good stuff Wooley, it's nice to get payments like that out the way.
My PCX will be paid off in 20 months.
With the interest free credit deal I'm in no hurry to pay it up.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Woolley »

20 months :o
I'd rather just get it outta the way, don't like it hanging over my head.

felt good cutting up my credit card too :lol:
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Paying for the PCX is nothing, have you heard about a thing called a mortgage.... :eek:
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Woolley's PCX

Post by Woolley »

Not yet. Still living with parents rent free :D
woozy-uk
Regular User
Regular User

Post by woozy-uk »

i drove a 50cc without needing a CBT as i already had a valid UK driving licence with L plates on the 50cc, but to ride the 125cc i had to do a days CBT for £110, but still need L plates. Im aged 36.

bloody ridiculous i think, just more ways for the government to get more money

its been 10+ years since i drove a car so am rusty on the highway code but the CBT didnt cover that.

anyway i just use the one L plate at the rear, none on the front. so far been past lots of police and none have said anything to me about it. also L plates dont reduce the risks of other road users not seeing you etc

I couldn't afford the full motorbike test and course for a full license though
Esdain
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Esdain »

Woozy, you only need one arsehole police officer, i used to ride about with one and got pulled over for that very reason, got given a producer to bring insurance details to police station. no fine or anything but a pain in the ass to have to travel 10 miles out my way just to prove i was insured.
i've been riding bikes on L plates for longer than i should really, but bike tests are so expensive, this summer might be the year i get it sorted
woozy-uk
Regular User
Regular User

Post by woozy-uk »

maybe northern police are stricter, i do actually have an L plate which goes on the front forks so will take your advice onboard, just didnt want to do it as the huge number plates and huge l plates deface the bike

bloody country