"HELLO" Peeps! Time to Talk Turkey

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

"HELLO" Peeps! Time to Talk Turkey

Post by WhiteNoise »

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah....it's the Bird centerstage with family around. How goes it at your house?

(Not My Family), but yes, our family table.
It's tradition and goes something like this :oops:

Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (55.19 KiB) Viewed 8543 times
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: "HELLO" Peeps! Time to Talk Turkey

Post by Mel46 »

This year we have decided to just have the 2 of us plus a neighbor who just lost her husband, so the meal will be somewhat smaller than it usually is this time of year. Our son and his wife are separated and the kids are being shuffled between their two houses, and we just don't want or need the tension, so we are staying home. However, we have been neighbors for quite a long time with the neighbor who lost her husband, and it was only 2 days away from their anniversary, so she is all alone. What better way is there to spend Thanksgiving than helping a neighborhood ?
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
dkazzed
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: N/A

Post by dkazzed »

Canada's Thanksgiving is on the second Monday of October, because harvest season is early before the cold sets in. We had our big meal, it was delish. Now we're hibernating in our igloos eh? A modest one but I have high hopes I can upgrade next year:

2015 Honda CB300F ABS
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

We have a friend connected to the tourist/hotel industry who is giving us a cooked turkey with the fixins'. We are very thankful because Thailand banned US turkeys (except me and the mrs.) earlier in the year because of the avian flu outbreak or something like that. Apparently, if you can find a turkey, they are going for 1,000 baht ($28 US - £18) per kilo or $13/£8 per pound. That is crazy expensive.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
dkazzed
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: N/A

Post by dkazzed »

Jeezus. I paid half that for an entire turkey.
2015 Honda CB300F ABS
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Two things I'm thankful for this year and I love it when my sources are correct.

1. Fuel is 2 dollars a gallon in the USA as the EPA has lost its strangle hold... forever.
2. Political correctness in America is on the way out and common sense might replace it for a while.
Reaper
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Reaper »

Turkey just knocked down the Russian jetfighter, I thought you talk about this here..
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

Reaper wrote:Turkey just knocked down the Russian jetfighter, I thought you talk about this here..
Must have been a big turkey.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

homie wrote:Two things I'm thankful for this year and I love it when my sources are correct.

1. Fuel is 2 dollars a gallon in the USA as the EPA has lost its strangle hold... forever.
2. Political correctness in America is on the way out and common sense might replace it for a while.

You are Jolly Green giants walking the earth.
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Oh yea, also thankful no amount of over zealous press can muster up a riot tonight in Chicago, they almost look disappointed. Everybody's moms in town for the Holiday... so we will have none of that.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

dgazzed, very "Cool!" Great pic. ;) Happy belated Thanksgiving to you!
That's some layout you got there :D Must be a wee bit chilly, heh?
Haha! Upgrade you say? As in....Heat or Hot Water? Sun lamp? Hmm, do You have electricity? I really know nada about igloo's :|
Except, They're nice to look at ("from a distance"). Major Burrrr...rrrrr

Thursday I'll be putting on a few lbs. With winter round the corner I'll be holding onto them till the robin's sing in spring. Arg! Being that's the case, I shall indulge, and make it worth my while (for just 1 day). What the halo! :lol:

Hey, I made brown sugared sweet potatoes today for the occasion. 10 of us circling the table. I say grace every year before a fork moves.

~Giving Thanks~
I am thankful for still having my Mom who is 90 years old. Shh...don't say a word, she'll be there ;)
I am thankful for this forum and for all of you. You truly lighten up my everyday!
~Cheers~
I'll raise my glass come 4:00pm Thursday. It will contain happy spirits of Rum and Coke. If per chance you're indulging raise yours as well. To Us! Bottoms up all ye Hooligan's! :D
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

:P "HAPPY THANKSGIVING!" :P Family and Friends Day! (Big Bird hates this Day :cry: )

Let's see...I've packed food, ice, soda, Rum :D , camera, Mom's walker, her two ramps to roll her up and inside.
Sooo....
I think I have everything. Do you? Tap yer chin and think again :roll: I Always forget something! :|

That's about it! Getting dressed for the occasion is right....about....Now!

So, I bid ya'll a safe trip if travelling, good eats and good times! Hug each other too! And don't forget to tell the cook that "Everything tasted Delicious!" (Even if it didn't ;)

Gobble Up! (And None of This vv)
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (141.51 KiB) Viewed 8400 times