How is two-up on the Forza?

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

How is two-up on the Forza?

Post by GeorgeSK »

The Admiral and I are seriously considering up-sizing from the PCX. We both really like back road meandering, and it is fine on the PCX except for the occasional man hole cover or road patch that I either cannot avoid or see too late. Our combined weight buries the PCX recommended carrying capacity, but I think the Forza handles us (pretty much) within spec. The Burgman 400 is another possibility, but is SO much heavier that I think it would be a PITA to maneuver around my driveway. As it is, I'm concerned about the extra weight of the Forza. I got on a BMW 650. WAAAY to big, and she hated being up that high.

Will the ride on the Forza be significantly better, despite the rear wheel being smaller? If I do pull the trigger, should I expect to upgrade the shocks after a year or two?

Thanks for all input, especially from those who have ridden both.
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
Blackbeard1718
Regular User
Regular User

Re: How is two-up on the Forza?

Post by Blackbeard1718 »

I owned a 2007 Burgman 400, and for the 3 years I had it, I put around 20K miles on it. Great Scoot! The Barco Lounger of Scooters. Yes, even at 6'1", and 250+ #'s, I sometimes had trouble moving it around by hand, and even if I was riding at crawling speeds. I picked up a Forza last month, and in the last few days that I've ridden it, I can honestly say that I prefer the Forza to the Burgman. Part of the reason, as that it's about 60+ #'s Lighter than the Burgman. FYI, the Center Stand on the Burg is a beast to get down, as the Stand is directly under the Engine, and the center weight mass makes it hard to flip it easily. The Forza, however, has the Center Stand a bit further back, away from this center mass, allowing for a much easier flip down.

I've never ridden 2-Up on the Burg and I won't on the Forza, so I can't offer any personal experience on that issue.

The Forza has a Max Weight Cap of 359#'s, which includes Rider(s), Gear, and Cargo. I'd recommend Test Riding a Used Forza, and see what you think in terms of handling, performance, and comfort. Get it up to speeds you'll be riding out of town, and see if it has the juice you need.

I changed out my Stock Shocks to Malossi Shocks, because I read that the Shocks were iffy for some Riders. The Malossi's are Adjustable.

Best of Luck!

Cheers!

BB
Blackbeard

"The Floggings will continue, until Morale improves!"

Current Scoot: 2014 Honda Forza 300 ABS (Red October)

Former Scoots: TNG Verona 150, Kymco People S200, Kymco People S250, Suzuki Burgman 400, Honda Ruckus 50, Yamaha Zuma 125, Kymco People GTi300, Honda Big Ruckus PS250
AKforza
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014 Forza
Color: red

Post by AKforza »

I've done two up with my Forza mostly light gals but did do a near max load carrying a buddy back from the bike rental to his car about 20 miles through the twisty s. It's capable and can handle it. Adjust your shocks you'll be fine. Passengers will sit higher than the rider giving them a good view of the road ahead and wind blast. With a noob passenger the pegs are high positioned so getting on and off can be challenging. I found the OEM shocks did the job but I will most likely upgrade to YSS in the future. The Forza is very smooth ridding and you will appreciate how it handles.
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Post by Jge64 »

Just due the shear size and weight diff, I would ride the PCX solo, but would move to a Forza if I always had a passenger.
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Jge64 wrote:Just due the shear size and weight diff, I would ride the PCX solo, but would move to a Forza if I always had a passenger.

Sheer
JohnL
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart
Year: 2015
Color: Dark Red

Post by JohnL »

you you wrote:
Jge64 wrote:Just due the shear size and weight diff, I would ride the PCX solo, but would move to a Forza if I always had a passenger.

Sheer
Fanks YY keep up the gude werke on grammer and speeling :D :D
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by GeorgeSK »

AS we drift off topic...

Ode To The Spell Checker
Author Unknown

Eye halve a spelling checker
It came with my pea sea
It plainly marks four my revue
Miss steaks eye kin knot sea.

Eye strike a key and type a word
and weight four it two say
Weather eye am wrong oar write
It shows me strait a weigh.

As soon as a mist ache is maid
It nose bee fore two long
and eye can put the error rite
It is rare lea ever wrong.

Eye have run this poem threw it
I am shore your pleased two no
Its letter perfect awl the weigh
My checker tolled me sew.

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by GeorgeSK »

And adding fuel to the fire:

GRAMMAR: The difference between knowing your shit, and knowing you're shit.

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Love the poem!
:lol: I'm enjoying the "sheer" fun of this thread. John and George, you two crack me up!
2yous, you're still awesome ;)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by GeorgeSK »

Well, I guess I will soon be able to answer my own question. Made a moderately OK end of season deal, and I should have it by the end of the week.

Blackbeard1718
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Blackbeard1718 »

CONGRATS! It's a Great Scooter! Standard or ABS?

Cheers!

BB
Blackbeard

"The Floggings will continue, until Morale improves!"

Current Scoot: 2014 Honda Forza 300 ABS (Red October)

Former Scoots: TNG Verona 150, Kymco People S200, Kymco People S250, Suzuki Burgman 400, Honda Ruckus 50, Yamaha Zuma 125, Kymco People GTi300, Honda Big Ruckus PS250
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by GeorgeSK »

ABS. They had a seriously leftover 2014 non-abs, but, mostly from this forum, decided that ABS would be worth the $500 adder. I didn't even ask about what kind of deal I could get on the '14. After three rounds of dickering, I got the machine for the list price (well, 6175, but they are giving me a $75 gift card). I will have to go to the registry (or give them $99 to do it) to pay sales tax, registration fees, and get my plate. They will offer me a 20% discount on a pre-paid maintenance plan - I may go for $500 or $1000 worth. The Forza will not see the miles that the PCX will and the service intervals are far longer, so not really sure what exactly I will do.

We are looking forward to some longer rides on the bigger machine - I hope the weather holds out for another couple or three weeks.

Blackbeard - you have had quite the assortment of scoots. That you are so enthusiastic about the Forza says a lot!

gogobert
Year: 2014

Post by gogobert »

With me and my wife on the PCX125, it worked, but no more, on the Forza on the other hand, it works like a charm.
we together weights in on 85kg + 65 kg, You do the math yourself :-)

ok, 150kg equals to 331 lb's
Honda Nss300 Forza 2014 - White
Mario
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015

Post by Mario »

Two-Up is possible, but I don't like it at all.
May the Forza be with you!!
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Mario wrote:Two-Up is possible, but I don't like it at all.

:D ok, to each there own.
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by GeorgeSK »

Their.

(but I admit to having to look up the "sheer vs. shear" thing...)