feeling the wind

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

coachz
Year: 2014
Color: red

feeling the wind

Post by coachz »

Going 60 I feel a lot of wind pushing me arond. Does the tall windshield fix that?
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: feeling the wind

Post by gn2 »

coachz wrote:Going 60 I feel a lot of wind pushing me arond. Does the tall windshield fix that?
No.
Learning to relax is the cure.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

coachz wrote:Going 60 I feel a lot of wind pushing me arond. Does the tall windshield fix that?
My Forza was much better in the wind when I put on the tall Honda windshield. Also the short shield used to let the wind punch me in the chest. I like the look with the short shield but it is more comfortable and better riding with the tall one for me.

One problem I have with the tall shield is that there is not enough wind on my helmet when it is raining. The helmet shield fogs up more and rain gets in my helmet vents.
j.d.b.
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013

Post by j.d.b. »

When you say you're being "pushed around", are you talking about your body or your body and the whole bike? These things are pretty light and do get tossed around in a decent wind gust. Not much substance to hold ya down. I stay off the freeway.
I like the tall shield on my pcx. Much calmer back there. I gave up a few mph, but it's a worthy trade. Between the bike-body and the tall shield it's a very nice ride on cold mornings. I have the National N20052.
coachz

Post by coachz »

Yeah, the body and to a lesser extent the bike. Both get pushed around at 70mph but the body more.
j.d.b.
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013

Post by j.d.b. »

The shield will help a lot with yer body. You will feel the wind gusts load the bike more, though. One way to find out, really. Do you know of anyone who has one mounted and will let you take it for a ride?
Kompact
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Kompact »

Putting on a tall windshield will fix what you're describing. Takes all the pressure off your chest. You can sit relaxed even at top speed and not have any head on wind pushing against you.