necessary is the mother of invention

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

necessary is the mother of invention

Post by homie »

Please read the disclaimer in the description on the posted YouTube video. Install at you own risk to property, people or animals. I assume no responsibility for this modification and recommend you just watch and wait for commercial product when patent wars are sorted and industry perfects.

tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Re: necessary is the mother of invention

Post by tbln930 »

I like it but my wife would still run into the garage. :lol: Where I live deer, raccoon, or an occasional skunk rather than people are more likely to come in but leaves blowing on the driveway and into the garage is a constant battle this time of year when I work on the bikes in the garage vs the basement in the winter. Great idea.
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure (Metallic Thunder Gray) - Sold

2013 Honda PCX 150 (Candy Rose Red) - Sold

SECoda/tbln930
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

tbln930 wrote:I like it but my wife would still run into the garage. :lol:
My wife has also managed to hit both doors and was one of the reasons I didn't hesitate to experiment with them. I was surprised when I found the idea already patented 5 years ago. I loved the concept but was worried it was too easy for DYI's. Perhaps there is something wrong with this invention but I have yet to find it.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

If you install it and have any questions I will be here to assist. Just pull the overhead release on the opener and manually raise and lower until you are sure its smooth. Make adjustments to your rollers with the bolts on the carriers if needed.

View this lock alteration as you don't want to be able to release the locks when panels are separated. There is a fair amount of upwards pressure on those lower panels but the notch will keep you from sliding the bar until the doors are fully closed.

Child safety always but prototypes should not be left unattended with children anyway. Still looking for issues but the worse I see could happen is the uppercut one might get if those lower panels were released accidently LOL. Buy and always use both locks and cut this notch for safety. You will find this to be a very useful invention.
Attachments
lock.jpg
lock.jpg (22.12 KiB) Viewed 759 times