Should I trade it in?

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

dkazzed
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: N/A

Re: Should I trade it in?

Post by dkazzed »

My Vino 125 is also surprisingly stable at 60 mph.
fish wrote:I loved my Forza for exactly 365 days, but wife and daughter began expressing an interest in riding it with me. My Forza did not have ABS, and we would have been just below the Forza's load capacity.
For the extra safety/peace of mind....I traded up to a new Burgman 400.
Load capacity over 400lbs and ABS.
Loved the smooth Forza engine, and the finish.....but not disliking much about this new Burgman.
Just keep it under 5000 and load and unload the engine for 1000klicks and all will be well with your Burgman.(the oil change/check procedure and the buried gear oil drains are a technical joke from "still angry" Suzuki engineers, I guess.....otherwise nice bike! :-))
Fish
Fish
Wife and daughter?

The non-ABS Forza availability still baffles me. We get ABS only here in Canada for $6399 monopoly money.
2015 Honda CB300F ABS
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

dkazzed wrote:My Vino 125 is also surprisingly stable at 60 mph.
fish wrote:I loved my Forza for exactly 365 days, but wife and daughter began expressing an interest in riding it with me. My Forza did not have ABS, and we would have been just below the Forza's load capacity.
For the extra safety/peace of mind....I traded up to a new Burgman 400.
Load capacity over 400lbs and ABS.
Loved the smooth Forza engine, and the finish.....but not disliking much about this new Burgman.
Just keep it under 5000 and load and unload the engine for 1000klicks and all will be well with your Burgman.(the oil change/check procedure and the buried gear oil drains are a technical joke from "still angry" Suzuki engineers, I guess.....otherwise nice bike! :-))
Fish
Fish
Wife and daughter?

The non-ABS Forza availability still baffles me. We get ABS only here in Canada for $6399 monopoly money.

I can guess which one is going to grow up as the fluorescent nazi :D
Branyers14
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014 Forza
Color: Red

Post by Branyers14 »

dkazzed wrote:If 50mph+ is a death wish on a Forza, what would it be on a PCX150 or even my Vino 125?
Actually, my PCX felt more stable at speed. Was less squirrely and handled road irregularities better. Go figure. Not making this up, it is just my personal experience with both bikes. A bigger engine/more weight doesn't always equate more stability. And I know I am not the only one in this forum who has complained about being blown around on the Forza.
Blackbeard1718
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Blackbeard1718 »

waybar wrote:
Just want to remind everyone to keep an eye on what is going on around you while riding. A friend of mine was hit by a car on his scooter going to work one day last week, and has spinal cord damage. Only time will tell if he will be able to walk again.

WAYBAR!

Sorry to hear about your friend. Hope everything goes well for him with his upcoming surgeries. We'll definitely keep him in our thoughts.

Cheers!

BB
Blackbeard

"The Floggings will continue, until Morale improves!"

Current Scoot: 2014 Honda Forza 300 ABS (Red October)

Former Scoots: TNG Verona 150, Kymco People S200, Kymco People S250, Suzuki Burgman 400, Honda Ruckus 50, Yamaha Zuma 125, Kymco People GTi300, Honda Big Ruckus PS250
Bash On!
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Bash On! »

Blackbeard1718 wrote:Branyers14!

Funny you posted this. A couple of weeks ago, I was calling an Out-Of-Town (30 Miles) Honda/Suzuki Dealer, looking for a Burgman 400. ... a Used Honda Silverwing..... WITH 300 MILES ON IT!!! Not sure what the year was, but they were offering it to me for $6,900 at the time.
Couple dealers here in Dallas were recently advertising a brand-new 2013 Silver Wing (0 miles) for $5995. I know, because I bought one! Might even be one or two left.
2013 PCX 150 [now an ex-bike, soon to be consigned to the bottom line of the sig]
2013 Silver Wing ABS (Black)
1971 BMW R75/5 (White)
Too many ex-bikes to list, and, besides, who really cares what we used to own?
Blackbeard1718
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Blackbeard1718 »

Bash On! wrote:
Couple dealers here in Dallas were recently advertising a brand-new 2013 Silver Wing (0 miles) for $5995. I know, because I bought one! Might even be one or two left.
WOW!!! Image

CONGRATS!!! EXCELLENT PRICE!!! SCORE!!! Image

Again..... WOW!!!

Cheers!

BB
Blackbeard

"The Floggings will continue, until Morale improves!"

Current Scoot: 2014 Honda Forza 300 ABS (Red October)

Former Scoots: TNG Verona 150, Kymco People S200, Kymco People S250, Suzuki Burgman 400, Honda Ruckus 50, Yamaha Zuma 125, Kymco People GTi300, Honda Big Ruckus PS250
Branyers14
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014 Forza
Color: Red

Post by Branyers14 »

Bash On! wrote:
Blackbeard1718 wrote:Branyers14!

Funny you posted this. A couple of weeks ago, I was calling an Out-Of-Town (30 Miles) Honda/Suzuki Dealer, looking for a Burgman 400. ... a Used Honda Silverwing..... WITH 300 MILES ON IT!!! Not sure what the year was, but they were offering it to me for $6,900 at the time.

Holy smokes you got a deal my friend. The Swing is an amazing machine!