Honda MSX125 (Grom)

The other 2-wheeled contraptions you ride.

Moderator: Modsquad

Reaper
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Honda MSX125 (Grom)

Post by Reaper »

Here is mine:
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (198.49 KiB) Viewed 29213 times
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

Takegawa do plenty tuning parts for the msx.
Oyabun
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: `12,`15,`19
Color: black&black

Post by Oyabun »

As well as many others. Personally I'd chose Monkey Father/Finbro for performance stuff for the Grom based on what I've read as they seem to be specialized on those.

At least over there on the MSX forum noone gets flamed for spending a few hundred bucks souping up his bike. ;-) I see many bikes with easily 2-3000 bucks spent on aftermarket parts and still have lless performance than aPCXdemon's chainsaw.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Reaper wrote:Here is mine:

Did it come with the Simoncelli graphics?
Reaper
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Reaper »

No, I purchased this kit directly from Chayanon design, this thai guy is highly gifted, he do design and produce graphic kits and do custom original helmets, like Antonio Drudi, Valentino Rossi's helmet designer. The quality level is very high, and the price is affordable! Many resellers in USA and Europe offer his kits in 5-10 prices! But he have nothing for the pcx, I have asked him already. :(

By the way my pcx190 is one the road again, I repaired the damaged engine, and did 1000kms already! The bike rips now! 0-60mph is around 8sec, I need a tachometer and have to do some experiments with the vario setup, strange things are going with my current vario. At 45mph rpms are dropping significantly and I see on the dyno I loose power at that moment and up to top 75mph I feel lack of power, but is tops 75mph anyway.
My current setup is : Yuminashi v.2013 vario, 12.5gr weights, gates belt, Yuminashi spring.
Reaper
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Reaper »

I bought a grom this spring, after my pcx engine was blown. I didn't want to spend a season without a bike. Now I have two bikes, and I feel I don't need 2 bikes, but same time I don't want to sell any of them, they feels different, and add each other. I get more of the riding pleasure when do combine them! :)

Imho, PCX is better as a cruiser and overall simple daily rutine driver. But grom is a machine for doing bad things on the road :) And I adore it's look - clean, simple, and light. The clutch lever have zero effort, the engine have nice lows like you don't wait for from the 125cc. It's a fun bike, very fun! When I did a first drive, I smiled all the time like a crazy. When you sit on it, you see nothing in front of you, just a tarmac and your knees, and on corners it feels special, overall, the grom thrown a lot of positive and "true bikers" emotions in my life :) I am a 6-footer btw, and I am ok on it! Just added the $50 adjustable pegs and moved them rear, and now the riding position is perfect! May be, the truth is that you could always push it to it's limits without a scare and risk of the high speed, and you realise this bike to its potential completely in the city driving.
Reaper
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Reaper »

Here is a pcx:
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (154.83 KiB) Viewed 29182 times
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Reaper wrote:No, I purchased this kit directly from Chayanon design, this thai guy is highly gifted, he do design and produce graphic kits and do custom original helmets, like Antonio Drudi, Valentino Rossi's helmet designer. The quality level is very high, and the price is affordable! Many resellers in USA and Europe offer his kits in 5-10 prices! But he have nothing for the pcx, I have asked him already. :(

By the way my pcx190 is one the road again, I repaired the damaged engine, and did 1000kms already! The bike rips now! 0-60mph is around 8sec, I need a tachometer and have to do some experiments with the vario setup, strange things are going with my current vario. At 45mph rpms are dropping significantly and I see on the dyno I loose power at that moment and up to top 75mph I feel lack of power, but is tops 75mph anyway.
My current setup is : Yuminashi v.2013 vario, 12.5gr weights, gates belt, Yuminashi spring.

Very nice though. Have you watched Hit the Apex?
Reaper
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Reaper »

Reaper wrote: Very nice though. Have you watched Hit the Apex?
Not yet. Thanks for the link, didn't know about this film. Must watch, of course :) I don't think it will be shown in cinemas here, and be shared free on youtube, have to do a search on the pirate resources.
Yes, I do watch every motogp event live, and I clearly remember that moment in 2011 with SIC. For me this 58 kit is a memory of Marco first, and a notice for me to take care and drive safe each time I sit on the bike.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Reaper wrote:
Reaper wrote: Very nice though. Have you watched Hit the Apex?
Not yet. Thanks for the link, didn't know about this film. Must watch, of course :) I don't think it will be shown in cinemas here, and be shared free on youtube, have to do a search on the pirate resources.
Yes, I do watch every motogp event live, and I clearly remember that moment in 2011 with SIC. For me this 58 kit is a memory of Marco first, and a notice for me to take care and drive safe each time I sit on the bike.
Love MotoGP too so only one more sleep till the twin ring.

Not sure if Marco was a kind of take care and ride safely kind of person :D
jojo87
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2015 Honda MSX
Color: Red

Post by jojo87 »

Regarding the Grom, do you think it would be better to get a brand new one? or a used one?
my local Dealer is going to value my PSX on Tuesday and get some prices for a brand new one....
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

jojo87 wrote:Regarding the Grom, do you think it would be better to get a brand new one? or a used one?
my local Dealer is going to value my PSX on Tuesday and get some prices for a brand new one....
you are of a certain personality JoJo that may have trouble and additional cosmetic expense with a pre-owned vehicle. If it was needing nothing and it came from a dealer (serviced) and perhaps any upgrades are to your rigid standards then know that it will be without warranty of any kind once its off that lot... and go for it :D

btw Chief said that... not me
Attachments
mac&chief.jpg
mac&chief.jpg (8.92 KiB) Viewed 29145 times
jojo87
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by jojo87 »

Being my first manual, I wasn't going to stress too much if it had some slight wear to it as i'll obviously be concentrating more on just getting out and practicing on it....
once i've gotten used to the whole gear thing that I was hoping to then get something a bit bigger.....
but yes, with my OCD etc, it would have to be to some standard lol
I was going to get a brand new one but the price I thought was a little steep for me to pay just for a Bike to practice on,
but then I was thinking, if it is brand new, then I can gradually get bits for it myself (the Exhaust etc) and use it for longer than intended,
but it seems like with all the brand new Scooters i've bought, they've all had issues,
but again, atleast if I do get it brand new and something is up, then atleast it's under warranty and I can get it sorted
BUT FINGERS CROSSED I ACTUALLY BUY A BIKE THIS TIME WITH NO ISSUES

1 125cc Scooter I had kept cutting out, found out it was due to a wire that was jammed underneath the Battery (holder) when put together,
another 125cc I had the Speedo would mess up at random times...
this PCX now has had the loud rattle issue since I got it...
so i'm just hoping the MSX comes to be PERFECT so I can finally just go out and enjoy being on 2 Wheels!

I'll wait for the valuation and see what they come up with,
I dont mind giving my Bike with a couple of hundred towards a MSX,
but obviously they'll want to make money will have to see what prices they give me,
if it's a but too steep then i'll sell the Bike myself and then use that money and a bit extra for a MSX.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

jojo87 wrote:once i've gotten used to the whole gear thing that I was hoping to then get something a bit bigger..... but yes, with my OCD etc, it would have to be to some standard lol
BUT FINGERS CROSSED I ACTUALLY BUY A BIKE THIS TIME WITH NO ISSUES.
I will be hoping too, I was very lucky with my pre-owned purchase recently only needing to touch up a couple cosmetics, hunt down some decals and replace 3 LED instrument panel bulbs. But there is all that cleaning and polishing that one has to deal with when one is a monk concerning second hand purchases o_O
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

homie wrote:
jojo87 wrote:Regarding the Grom, do you think it would be better to get a brand new one? or a used one?
you are of a certain personality JoJo that may have trouble and additional cosmetic expense with a pre-owned vehicle. If it was needing nothing and it came from a dealer (serviced) and perhaps any upgrades are to your rigid standards then know that it will be without warranty of any kind once its off that lot... and go for it :D

Homie I think you, or Chief, are politely saying what most of us aren't.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

you you wrote:
homie wrote:

Homie I think you, or Chief, are politely saying what most of us aren't.
Chief always steps up for delicate replies 8) Racial, political, religious.... women :oops: you really cant argue with Chief because well... AMERICAN INDIAN!
You never know when someone's going to break RED and wake up the maddie dog.

Did you know if you are even 1/8 American Indian you can get all kinds of free stuff.... even College!
Attachments
mac2.jpg
mac2.jpg (8.47 KiB) Viewed 29139 times
jojo87
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by jojo87 »

The Crossbar I have on my PCX..... would that fit onto the Grom Bar?
(same diameter?)

Also, the Leo Vince Exhaust I got, this 100% wont go onto the Grom?
i've emailed Leo Vince about it but waiting for a reply,
not sure if they do pipes for the Grom...
or is the Exhaust overall just too big for the Grom?
jojo87
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by jojo87 »

Just put the £100 deposit down on the MSX :-)
can't pay the rest until my PCX sells, or I can get to the Bank and put in my Injury Cheque (and wait for it to clear)
but the Dealer said i've secured it now so it's no problem if it's kept there for awhile, but i'll 100% be paying fully for it next week!!!
$_57 (11) copy.JPG
$_57 (11) copy.JPG (112.34 KiB) Viewed 29110 times
It's a 2015 model, one with the gold wheels, and I believe the other model has a all red fairing, where this one has the black/red.

I didn't want a brand new one as the prices were stupid and i'd of had to pay another few hundred for an Exhaust etc,
plus i've heard/read that the Bikes do pick up more speed once they've clocked a few miles on them.

SO... I got a 2015 model, with 661 miles on it, which has a full Tyga Exhaust already on it,
great condition overall, had to pay £120 for it to be delivered though!

The Exhaust Pipe is a bit messy so i've purchased a black Belly Pan for it from China,
most I seen were above £100, it isn't an important part and I don't need any branded thing, just something to cover the Pipe etc,
and again, not too important so I don't mind waiting for it to be delivered from China.

I've also bought some different grips, black ones, with red bar ends,
also black fold in clutch/brake levers with a red adjuster,
and 2 new hard plastic L Plates :|

Only thing I need to buy is a tail tidy, as I have the Licence Plate and L Plate... I didn't want it all covering the rear wheel too much,
the Dealer I got the Bike from said they sell them for £89 but it's £60 to fit it!!!!
I said i'll purchase one myself and fit it myself... saved me £60 which basically paid for my levers/grips/belly pan..
jojo87
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by jojo87 »

Screen Shot 2015-10-22 at 17.50.41.png
Screen Shot 2015-10-22 at 17.50.41.png (336.72 KiB) Viewed 29111 times
Screen Shot 2015-10-22 at 17.51.06.png
Screen Shot 2015-10-22 at 17.51.06.png (248.28 KiB) Viewed 29111 times
Screen Shot 2015-10-22 at 17.51.16.png
Screen Shot 2015-10-22 at 17.51.16.png (249.13 KiB) Viewed 29111 times
Screen Shot 2015-10-22 at 17.51.38.png
Screen Shot 2015-10-22 at 17.51.38.png (1.1 MiB) Viewed 29111 times
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Lets hope it doesn't develop any annoying rattles......
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong