R.I.P Fonda

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Seph
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: Red

R.I.P Fonda

Post by Seph »

She's gone guys. Gone but not forgotten. I only had her for a short amount of time but sadly this morning on my way to work I was involved in the single most terrifying experience of my life.

I went over on a corner on a hill and my pcx was dragged under a van heading the over way. the scooter went under the front wheel and I went under the back one. luckily I wear steel top capped boots for work which stopped my foot from being crushed and twisted my body out of the way.

after a visit from the paramedics and talk to the police I was picked up by my wife and baby. Being able to hug them made me realise I'm the luckiest man alive!
Attachments
She deserved better than this.
She deserved better than this.
12033720_10207563038812907_1814267344_n.jpg (123.23 KiB) Viewed 5793 times
Seph

Yamaha YBR 2011 Silver (MGE AKA Madge)
Honda PCX 2015 Red (A.K.A Fonda) *Deceased*
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Re: R.I.P Fonda

Post by Alibally »

Wow. The bike is trashed. Your ok though, that's the main thing.
Bash On!
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Bash On! »

Glad you're okay enough to post about your accident. Thank goodness.

Two mishaps close together. Very little one in the house. Perhaps you should stick to four wheels for a while.
2013 PCX 150 [now an ex-bike, soon to be consigned to the bottom line of the sig]
2013 Silver Wing ABS (Black)
1971 BMW R75/5 (White)
Too many ex-bikes to list, and, besides, who really cares what we used to own?
Oyabun
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: `12,`15,`19
Color: black&black

Post by Oyabun »

Man, it's great to see you're unharmed - very good surprise considering the state of your scoot.
ScooteringAbout
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by ScooteringAbout »

Holy shit, staggered you walked away from that one!, what happened did you run wide into the vans path or did the van run wide?
aka DrewJW
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

So glad its rip Fonda not rip Seph.
This is precisely why I stopped riding when I became a dad.
Only started back riding after offspring no longer dependant on me.
Your scooter is unimportant, your family and your health are what really matter.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013

Post by honkerman »

Glad you're largely uninjured Seph. Sorry about the scoot. Much sadness, but your life was spared and that is indeed a blessing. Life is but a moment, we are a passing vapor. Carpe diem, but as you obviously demonstrate, this means holding tight to the ones you love as well.
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150

Post by tbln930 »

Wow - what a mess. Glad you are ok. Were you going too slow around a corner or was it wet?
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure (Metallic Thunder Gray) - Sold

2013 Honda PCX 150 (Candy Rose Red) - Sold

SECoda/tbln930
Bash On!
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Bash On! »

gn2 wrote:So glad its rip Fonda not rip Seph.
This is precisely why I stopped riding when I became a dad.
Only started back riding after offspring no longer dependant on me.
Your scooter is unimportant, your family and your health are what really matter.

Same here. Started riding when I was a teenager. Sold the motorcycle when my son was born. Took riding up again later.
2013 PCX 150 [now an ex-bike, soon to be consigned to the bottom line of the sig]
2013 Silver Wing ABS (Black)
1971 BMW R75/5 (White)
Too many ex-bikes to list, and, besides, who really cares what we used to own?
MikeP
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: White /red

Post by MikeP »

That is amazing that you got away without injury. Someone was watching out for you. Glad you are ok!
Happiness is two wheels and a full tank of gas!
RichyP
Regular User
Regular User
Color: White

Post by RichyP »

wow!!

glad your ok mate, that is crazy that you walked away from that!

do you plan to get back in the saddle again soon or are you having a holiday from scootering for a while?
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

I just got back on after Mel's crash! :x You got up and took a picture?... amazing. Hug your wife, raise your new baby and praise GOD you are still breathing. You are too young in life to ride with us yet. Leave this to the ones who have loved a good woman put their kids through college and found Jesus.... LETS RIDE!
Attachments
mac&chief3.jpg
mac&chief3.jpg (9.1 KiB) Viewed 5756 times
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150

Post by tbln930 »

Got into again when my youngest (daughter) graduated college and moved out.
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure (Metallic Thunder Gray) - Sold

2013 Honda PCX 150 (Candy Rose Red) - Sold

SECoda/tbln930
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by honkerman »

homie wrote:I just got back on after Mel's crash! :x You got up and took a picture?... amazing. Hug your wife, raise your new baby and praise GOD you are still breathing. You are too young in life to ride with us yet. Leave this to the ones who have loved a good woman put their kids through college and found Jesus.... LETS RIDE!
I found Jesus online!
Attachments
JesusSPL_468x536.jpg
JesusSPL_468x536.jpg (45.68 KiB) Viewed 5739 times
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Glad you're OK.
Now, stay on 4 wheels. You won't often get a second chance when you make a bad mistake on two wheels.
Fish
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

DrewJW wrote:Holy shit, staggered you walked away from that one!, what happened did you run wide into the vans path or did the van run wide?

I think he fell off in his own first and both hit the van.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

honkerman wrote:
homie wrote:I just got back on after Mel's crash! :x You got up and took a picture?... amazing. Hug your wife, raise your new baby and praise GOD you are still breathing. You are too young in life to ride with us yet. Leave this to the ones who have loved a good woman put their kids through college and found Jesus.... LETS RIDE!
I found Jesus online!

Is that for real or a photoshop/mockup?
Seph
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015

Post by Seph »

you you wrote:
DrewJW wrote:Holy shit, staggered you walked away from that one!, what happened did you run wide into the vans path or did the van run wide?

I think he fell off in his own first and both hit the van.
Corner on a hill, Fell off the bike and I skidded a few feet onto the over side of the road.

Hey again all. Thanks for your kind words and words of wisdom. I think my scootering days are over, My wife has put her foot now and said no more.
Right now I'm gutted, had that van not murdered Fonda, I'd of got back on her and saved up the pennies for the new parts (money is tight atm). But As you can see see the bike is completely totalled, The cost of repair would be more than the bike no doubt. I think it's looking like scrap yard and continue to pay for something I don't own any more.

Honestly never thought I'd be posting this, but yep.... I'm done :cry: I feel like I've been caged my freedom has been stripped from me.

But it's like some said up there. I am one lucky man! only for my position and my toe caps am I here typing this. an inch over i'd have no foot... a foot over I would of have no leg and a couple of foot I might of been dead.
Seph

Yamaha YBR 2011 Silver (MGE AKA Madge)
Honda PCX 2015 Red (A.K.A Fonda) *Deceased*
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

The poor man is almost killed, done, finished, run over by a truck, exit light... and they want to do Jesus jokes.
Attachments
really.jpg
really.jpg (10.28 KiB) Viewed 5710 times