PCX150 in Los Angeles

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

BadAsianDriver

PCX150 in Los Angeles

Post by BadAsianDriver »

I haven't used a scooter since my college days in the 90's and I was considering getting a PCX150 to fight traffic and $4 gas. I was hoping some LA PCXers could share their experiences with purchasing, servicing, insuring and riding their 150. I'm interested in:
Where to buy and how much to expect to pay?
What are insurance and service costs?
Can it make it over the 405 Sepulveda pass (better than those damn Priuses)?
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: PCX150 in Los Angeles

Post by you you »

$4 gas!!! It's over double that in Europe
uploader
Regular User
Regular User

Post by uploader »

World’s ten most expensive petrol hotspots revealed

More info http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/cars ... e-ten.html
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

I think my disposable income equals my petrol expenditure :cry:
BadAsianDriver

Post by BadAsianDriver »

I should have said $4 per gallon. California puts extra taxes on gas (petrol) and requires a special formulation of gas that only certain refineries handle so it's more expensive here than in other states.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

BadAsianDriver wrote:I should have said $4 per gallon. California puts extra taxes on gas (petrol) and requires a special formulation of gas that only certain refineries handle so it's more expensive here than in other states.

Its OK, its understandable as a gallon. Although ours are bigger than yours - haha

Mind you our petrol is close to $2 per litre and yours is $4 per gallon. Im not laughing now :x
EddieC
Regular User
Regular User

Post by EddieC »

I'm also in los angeles. As far as freeway experience I cant tell you because I've had a PCX 125 for over a year now. I also have over 10000 miles on it so it has definitely saved me gas $ over my toyota tacoma. The servicing is SO simple... if you get one just bring it over to my place and I'll teach you how to do it for free. Getting through traffic on the PCX is great too. Its VERY tiny so you can squeeze between cars on most any road. What time of day do you commute? If its during rush hour you'll probably be fine with the PCX, but if you have wide open freeway, I would probably want something even bigger than 150 because no one pays attention to speed limits in this city.
BadAsianDriver

Post by BadAsianDriver »

Eddie,

Do you have any dealer recommendations?
EddieC
Regular User
Regular User

Post by EddieC »

Sorry for the late reply. Been away for a while. The dealer I bought mine from was on Lincoln blvd in Santa Monica. They're slightly better than the one in Hollywood, but I still wouldn't recommend them except for their parts department. Every dealer in the area is going to rip you off on service. It's so easy to do yourself. If you would rather pay someone else to do it I would find an independent scooter mechanic (I know of a few good ones) or you can pay me to do it. :). Or, buy the beer and I'll show you for free. :lol:
_deleted

Post by _deleted »

EddieC wrote:Sorry for the late reply. Been away for a while. The dealer I bought mine from was on Lincoln blvd in Santa Monica. They're slightly better than the one in Hollywood, but I still wouldn't recommend them except for their parts department. Every dealer in the area is going to rip you off on service. It's so easy to do yourself. If you would rather pay someone else to do it I would find an independent scooter mechanic (I know of a few good ones) or you can pay me to do it. :). Or, buy the beer and I'll show you for free. :lol:
I think I know which dealer you're talking about! I was just in there talking to Eli. One thing I can quite figure out is if what he quoted me was standard. Out the door he said around $5300 which includes a few taxes but most notably, roughly $600 or so for assembly, $700 or so for shipping, etc, etc.

Is this right? I've never bought a two wheeled vehicle but that just screamed ripoff to me. I found some threads where people say they got it for MUCH cheaper and I'm not sure if they are just talking about the price of the scooter itself and not the additional charges.

I would just buy one used, but I want a 2013 because it's a 150cc.

Any info would be greatly appreciated :)
scisor34
Regular User
Regular User

Post by scisor34 »

I probably can help you out a little bit, PM me.
EddieC
Regular User
Regular User

Post by EddieC »

Just don't buy one from out of state because in CA you cannot register a vehicle from out of state unless it has 7500 or more miles.
scisor34
Regular User
Regular User

Post by scisor34 »

EddieC what is the Cali registration fee on a new PCX? Does the dealership take care of all registration like is required here in FL?
EddieC
Regular User
Regular User

Post by EddieC »

Yes the dealer takes care of registration fees. Taxes on a new vehicle are 9.75% also.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

In the UK the price on the ticket on the dealers floor and on the manufacturers website is the price you pay.
The only exception to this is if the dealer offers a discount to shift some stock.
Currently the UK price for a new PCX is £2550, that's with two years warranty, three years 0% finance, includes all taxes, delivery to the dealer, assembly, PDI, fuelled, registered, number plates fitted and ready to ride.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
_deleted

Post by _deleted »

scisor34 wrote:I probably can help you out a little bit, PM me.
It won't let me PM, I'm too new lol. You can email me if you'd like? I'm curious to know what you have in mind.

bacree85@gmail.com
scisor34
Regular User
Regular User

Post by scisor34 »

I sent you an email.
Cascanciu
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cascanciu »

qed wrote:
BadAsianDriver wrote:I should have said $4 per gallon. California puts extra taxes on gas (petrol) and requires a special formulation of gas that only certain refineries handle so it's more expensive here than in other states.

Its OK, its understandable as a gallon. Although ours are bigger than yours - haha

Mind you our petrol is close to $2 per litre and yours is $4 per gallon. Im not laughing now :x
1'5€ per litre yesterday, last time I filled up.

My car's a Diesel. Diesel @ 1'37 € per litre. Averages 8'5-9 L/100 kms in urban driving (which is not bad if you consider she weighs close to 1500 kgms), whereas the PCX averages 2'5/100 kms. Long live the PCX.
ozzey49
Year: 2020
Color: black and white

Post by ozzey49 »

gn2 wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:13 am In the UK the price on the ticket on the dealers floor and on the manufacturers website is the price you pay.
The only exception to this is if the dealer offers a discount to shift some stock.
Currently the UK price for a new PCX is £2550, that's with two years warranty, three years 0% finance, includes all taxes, delivery to the dealer, assembly, PDI, fuelled, registered, number plates fitted and ready to ride.
Apologies for the late post, but I was shown this thread and wanted to provide an updated perspective.

It's great to hear that the price displayed on the ticket and the manufacturer's website is the final price, with the exception of any dealer discounts offered to move stock.
I appreciate your update on the UK price of that time for a PCX, which includes a comprehensive package of benefits such as warranty, finance options, and various services. I wanted to add on and It's helpful for potential buyers to know the inclusive nature of the price, making it easier for them to make informed decisions. If anyone is looking for convenient and reliable vehicle finance options, I recommend checking out carvine.co.uk. They specialize in providing financing solutions tailored to individual needs.