Variator... better performance..? Pro's and Con's..?

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

ThailandPCX
Year: 2015
Color: matte silver

Re: Variator... better performance..? Pro's and Con's..?

Post by ThailandPCX »

Well... again Thanks to everyone that posted here about the "Variator".... really I didn't see much about 'Why change to a aftermarket variator'... except maybe personal choice...

Performance Wise...?
Little bit - if any better acceleration so, unless you are Drag Racing your PCX 150 in a 1/10th of a mile... Variator change really doesn't make much since....

Maybe Honda has already perfected their Variator to get as much out of a 150 cc motor..?

How to my 'Clutch' Question..? Please see my New Post...
waspmike
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Variator... better performance..? Pro's and Con's..?

Post by waspmike »

ThailandPCX wrote: Performance Wise...?
Little bit - if any better acceleration so, unless you are Drag Racing your PCX 150 in a 1/10th of a mile... Variator change really doesn't make much since....
Hmmm. Well acceleration is much better. It is not about drag racing. What about passing cars on a two lane road? Riding around cars in traffic?

Then there is hill climbing. Doi Inthanon maybe a bit severe and not a representative example but do you want to go up hills/inclines faster or slower?

Add an aftermarket exhaust and the aftermarket variator yields even more.

On the old 125 there was a guy who lives not a million miles from you who, two up, could outrun a stock bike solo.

So to say variator changing or tuning does not make much difference is not strictly true. But each to their own.