Which Forza am I buying?

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Branyers14
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014 Forza
Color: Red

Which Forza am I buying?

Post by Branyers14 »

Taking possession of a 2014 US spec Forza and I want some accessories to go with it. Webike lists several different models (e.g. MF10, MF08, etc). So which model am I buying? Part of me hopes that it is the one that comes with the fewest choices so I don't end up modding it to death like I did my PCX. Gets expensive after awhile, but I guess it becomes a hobby. For me anyway...
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150

Re: Which Forza am I buying?

Post by tbln930 »

HONDA FORZA-Si (MF12)

http://japan.webike.net/HONDA/FORZA-Si+ ... 6490/mtop/

Having your location on your profile helps in questions given the different bike versions globally.
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure (Metallic Thunder Gray) - Sold

2013 Honda PCX 150 (Candy Rose Red) - Sold

SECoda/tbln930
Branyers14
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Branyers14 »

Sweet, with the money I saved I am buying a Moriwaki exhaust and a bigger windscreen for starters.
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tbln930 »

2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

SECoda/tbln930
Branyers14
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Branyers14 »

That's the one! On sale now too.

So the reason I am trading up is because I have a 25 mile commute on the freeway. It's a rural highway, very peaceful. How does the Forza handle freeway driving? I just want to be relaxed, something that is difficult to do on the PCX when the motor is turning 9000 rpm. Hope I am making the right decision.
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tbln930 »

It will have the best factory warranty on your bike!

SECoda/tbln930
mikecalderone
Regular User
Regular User

Post by mikecalderone »

Branyers14 wrote:That's the one! On sale now too.

So the reason I am trading up is because I have a 25 mile commute on the freeway. It's a rural highway, very peaceful. How does the Forza handle freeway driving? I just want to be relaxed, something that is difficult to do on the PCX when the motor is turning 9000 rpm. Hope I am making the right decision.

How fast do you drive on the rural Highway?
My Rides:
2017 Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive
2015 Honda CTX700ND

Previous Rides:
2014 Honda Forza 300
2005 Suzuki Burgman 650
2009 Burgman 400
2006 Kawasaki Nomad 1600
2005 Kawasaki Mean Streak 1500
2003 Honda VT750
1992 Honda elite
1986 Kawasaki KZ600 inline 4
1979 Honda CL350
1977 Honda SL125
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tbln930 »

The Forza is fine at 70-75 mph unless you have a passenger or lots of steep hills that might slow you down a bit. ( 70 mph is just over 7000 rpm so a bit of buzz) With the Givi high WS it is calm behind it and relaxing. Since it is light gusts and strong crosswinds will push you a little bit but not a problem.

The PCX on the other hand gets spookier the higher you go above about 55 IMO. Gusts really push you around and wind can slow you down. Hills have a major effect at high speeds.

SECoda/tbln930
Mister Paul
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014

Post by Mister Paul »

My commute is very similar. I find that the revs relate to speed -6,000rpm~60mph, 7500rpm~75mph. As been said, it is a bit vibey from 65mph (but you get used to it) and this vanishes on mine at 80mph. With a tall screen and the great leg-forward position it's fantastically comfortable.
Branyers14
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Branyers14 »

Some piece of shit already left a dent and scratches on my muffler shroud in a parking lot. Not even 50 miles on it and I'm already dealing with this. Low life scum. I have a Moriwaki pipe on order, and it's less than $100 worth of damage, but it's the principle of the matter.

Cruising on the Forza is a dream. It just floats along. I like it at about 65mph, which is what I would be driving in my car. It has passing power, but I don't feel the need to rev it to the moon. First impression, a very solid and HEAVY machine. Loving it.!
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tbln930 »

You mean they scraped their car past your bike? That's crazy given it's size. Lucky. they didn't knock it over and then take off.

Most folks just hit and run these days and hope there isn't a camera on them. I was lucky to catch an older lady nailing my last car - a cherry Honda Civic with her door in a junky old car. She couldn't care less that she gave it a good whack until I went back and confronted her. No insurance so I called the cops. She wasn't even allowed to drive her car w/o insurance and got several tickets. :lol:

SECoda/tbln930
Branyers14
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Branyers14 »

I am sooo thankful the bike didn't fall over, that would have crushed me. No, it was basically a love tap that left white paint on the plastic and a dent in the metal protector. It's cosmetic and an easy fix, but that metal shroud is like $55. Not exactly cheap. Hopefully the new exhaust will be here quickly so I don't have to look at it anymore.

On a separate note, my girlfriend and I went riding two up. She was really impressed with the bike's smooth power delivery and braking. We had no problem pulling 75mph on the freeway. And there's so much more room! This is the beginning of a beautiful love affair. The Forza has my approval :D
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tbln930 »

Cool. You can adjust those shocks as well in the rear.

SECoda/tbln930
Branyers14
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Branyers14 »

Ah, didn't notice that. Quite a bit nicer than the PCX suspension. Mine are in the middle position right now, seems to be good.

Oil seepage - it looks like there is a miniscule amount of oil along the bottom edge of the right crankcase cover, not enough to form a drip. I tightened the bolts a little, hopefully that will help.
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tbln930 »

Hmmm - there is a warranty item on an oil leak. I never had it but some on this forum did.

http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=3439

http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2006

There was also a fuel pump recall which was changed on mine before I picked it up last winter and I would think is already fixed on yours.

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/2014/12/a ... za-models/

SECoda/tbln930
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Branyers14 wrote:Ah, didn't notice that. Quite a bit nicer than the PCX suspension. Mine are in the middle position right now, seems to be good.

Oil seepage - it looks like there is a miniscule amount of oil along the bottom edge of the right crankcase cover, not enough to form a drip. I tightened the bolts a little, hopefully that will help.
Yes, after a high speed run... a little oil and maybe coolant leak. Happened once to my Forza, and left a table spoon full on the garage floor when new - and then never happened again. Comes out that weep hole.
Fish
Branyers14
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Branyers14 »

tbln930 wrote:Hmmm - there is a warranty item on an oil leak. I never had it but some on this forum did.

There was also a fuel pump recall which was changed on mine before I picked it up last winter and I would think is already fixed on yours.

Yes the fuel pump issue is taken care of. The oil leak? There's so little of it, I am not too concerned, but I will definitely keep an eye on it.

So what top speed should I expect in completely stock form, and is anyone messing around with Dr. Pulley sliders in their Forza?
Mario
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by Mario »

Branyers14 wrote:
tbln930 wrote:Hmmm - there is a warranty item on an oil leak. I never had it but some on this forum did.

Yes the fuel pump issue is taken care of. The oil leak? There's so little of it, I am not too concerned, but I will definitely keep an eye on it.

So what top speed should I expect in completely stock form, and is anyone messing around with Dr. Pulley sliders in their Forza?

http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3441
May the Forza be with you!!
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Branyers14 wrote:

Get a malossi vario and you may see a hundie on the speedo.
Have a look on YouTube..
Branyers14
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Branyers14 »

Pcxdemon wrote:
Branyers14 wrote:
tbln930 wrote: Get a malossi vario and you may see a hundie on the speedo.
Have a look on YouTube..
This one?

http://scooterpartsco.com/malossi/malos ... 300-nss300