Obserations Forza 300

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

agent89
Year: 2014
Color: red

Obserations Forza 300

Post by agent89 »

So I've been riding to work for about two weeks now. In town roads two and four lane 40 to 45 mph stuff. I can see where people complain about the suspension. But I think the real culprit is the small wheel size. Sure the shocks are cheap, but with the small rear wheel and the position of the shocks straight up and down it is a formula for a harsh ride at times. The forks seem a bit better but suffer from a small front wheel as well.
The brakes are great when you use both levers, no complaints there. I have a strange feeling when coming to a stop in traffic, kind of feel tippy trying to get my feet down, I guess it's just trying to get used to a scooter!
The power is good in traffic, with plenty of go to keep up with anybody on my commute. I like the stock screen, looks great and am not going to go with the high screen. The trunk is just ok in my opinion, kind of hard to access and barely fits my open face dirt helmet with visor. Handy though compared with any bike I have had.
Super easy to ride and fun, I feel like I am the king of the commute. Being able to twist and go is great in traffic.
So far so good, it does gather attention as there are not a lot of scooters on the road here.

I bought a cheap cover on amazon, superior travel dust cover 90", it works well and was cheap, about $25. I park in a sunny spot at work and this keeps the sun off.
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Re: Obserations Forza 300

Post by tbln930 »

You have it summarized pretty well IMO. A little teeth jarring on potholes (but not nearly as bad as my PCX) yet great in traffic with the CVT. My V-Strom isn't nearly as fun in traffic or constant stop-n-go. It's amazing but all three of my bikes do well at something the others don't. I still like the Forza for commuting (which I do little of), the PCX for hauling camping, and the V-Strom for trips into the Ozarks where there are a lot of unpaved roads yet one needs to go 75 on the highway to get there.
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure (Metallic Thunder Gray) - Sold

2013 Honda PCX 150 (Candy Rose Red) - Sold

SECoda/tbln930
Walrus
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Obserations Forza 300

Post by Walrus »

I agree also, good summary observations. I like my Forza especially for these 90 degree days in town or where my bike is too hot. I think the stock windshield is cooler and I like the look better. The smaller wheels and relitively light weight make the Forza feel more twitchy and less stable to me at 60+ mph on the open highway. I prefer a heavier bike with bigger wheels for that. Like you said there is some getting use to the scooter. I came off a Harley to a Vino 125. At 50 mph I felt like 80 on a bike. Now I use both Forza and cruiser interchangeably no problem. Keeps me from getting bored too. I love to ride dfferent stuff.