My Other Bike

The tragic place where threads go to die...

Moderator: Modsquad

Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Re: My Other Bike

Post by Alibally »

I thing it might be drama and bullshit for this thread shortly.
ScooteringAbout
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by ScooteringAbout »

I blame Columbo for this threads drop in quality of posts. Personally I've no issue with Harley's I fail to see how an inanimate object can alter ones sexuality? (unless it's a bright Pink Nissan Micra softop, with Hello Kitty Decals )

The spread of the Davidson range is an affect of their input onto the European market, Harleys are common here in the UK, up at Rivington Barn on a Sunday turnout, they're everywhere!, and the owners are decent normal everyday folk, saying otherwise is either jealousy, or just plain ignorance of facts and as such proof of the commenters lack of knowledge on the subject they're bleating about.

My 2p.
aka DrewJW
admin
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord

Post by admin »

Do you guys have nothing better to do than bash on others rides? Nothing's wrong with a Harley. Riding's riding. Some are beautiful pieces of machinery, others are crap. It's not like Honda hasn't made awful bikes before. I don't dig Harleys, not my style, but I can appreciate them. I can even more appreciate good riders. I rode for a bit with some Patriot Guard riders who rode Super Glides. Some of the nicest folks I've met on the road. :D

I understand disagreeing, but you guys are beating a dead horse. We get it, you don't like Harley riders, and are great at stereotyping them. If I hear one more criticism from you^2 or GN2 in this thread, it'll be goodbye, it's evolved into personal attacks here.

I don't have time to correct this thread today. I'll correct it when I have time on Mon or Tues. In the meantime, I'm leaving it to you guys to PM me if this gets worse, please. PM me on maddiedog, I'll get email notifications there, and thanks for you guys who have PMed me for making sure things stay sane around here. ;)
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

DrewJW wrote:Personally I've no issue with Harley's I fail to see how an inanimate object can alter ones sexuality? (unless it's a bright Pink Nissan Micra softop, with Hello Kitty Decals ).
you guys make it too easy
Attachments
hellokitty.jpg
hellokitty.jpg (21.88 KiB) Viewed 1145 times
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Post by tbln930 »

2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure (Metallic Thunder Gray) - Sold

2013 Honda PCX 150 (Candy Rose Red) - Sold

SECoda/tbln930
Walrus
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Walrus »

Last post: I apologize for my part in any argument. I regret letting myself be sucked into immature debates, but it is what it is. The bias and animosity in this forum amazes me, I get it now. In hindsight I should not have logged back in after learning how many here feel. Its your forum. Thanks to any who answered my questions, helped me or had good discussion about a mutual interest. Thanks to the Administrator for the service. Happy scooting and best wishes
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tbln930 »

Don't be so sensitive. Folks are just having fun.
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

SECoda/tbln930
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

admin wrote:Do you guys have nothing better to do than bash on others rides? Nothing's wrong with a Harley. Riding's riding. Some are beautiful pieces of machinery, others are crap. It's not like Honda hasn't made awful bikes before. I don't dig Harleys, not my style, but I can appreciate them. I can even more appreciate good riders. I rode for a bit with some Patriot Guard riders who rode Super Glides. Some of the nicest folks I've met on the road. :D

I understand disagreeing, but you guys are beating a dead horse. We get it, you don't like Harley riders, and are great at stereotyping them. If I hear one more criticism from you^2 or GN2 in this thread, it'll be goodbye, it's evolved into personal attacks here.

I don't have time to correct this thread today. I'll correct it when I have time on Mon or Tues. In the meantime, I'm leaving it to you guys to PM me if this gets worse, please. PM me on maddiedog, I'll get email notifications there, and thanks for you guys who have PMed me for making sure things stay sane around here. ;)

What's a patriot guard rider. Are they big and admirable and should ride Harley's. Burly no doubt :D
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tbln930 »

In the US Harley has started a huge marketing scheme years ago to link riding Harley motorcycles with supporting the troops and being patriotic. It was a huge success for them for many years but many non-riders also resented it as purely a marketing ploy to sell more bikes.

SECoda/tbln930
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

The Patriot Guard Riders have absolutely no association with Harley Davisdon. A lot of veterans rider Harleys, which is why you see a lot of HD at Patriot Guard rides.

Check them out here: https://www.patriotguard.org/content.php?5-About-Us -- they're a great organization, and a lot of the riders there are great people.

I'm just locking this whole clusterfuck and moving it to Drama and Bullcrap. I've added that mocking others for their preferences (bike or otherwise) is now against the rules.

There is a huge difference between making little jokes and making fun of people for their preferences. You guys have crossed the line.

I'm ashamed of you guys. Walrus, sorry I didn't adjust this sooner, and keep on riding that Harley. :)
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes