My Other Bike

The tragic place where threads go to die...

Moderator: Modsquad

you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: My Other Bike

Post by you you »

JohnL wrote:
Walrus wrote: Do you still believe that all Australians dress like Crocodile Dundee?
My other shorts and shirts are khaki also :D :D :D

Your not a true Aussie if you have a change of clothes :D
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

j.d.b. wrote:This WAS my other bike until several weeks ago. I sold it to join the Mild Bunch!Image

Mild Bunch is funny

I use Rebel Without a Clue
Walrus
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Walrus »

I assumed the "and a" in the sentence made it clear enough, but I will clarify for you since we are devolving into silly. BMW is German, the bike was an older 1200 touring model. BMW I have been told Kymco of China is making engines for a couple of BMW bikes these days. Forgive apparently I don't have a good command of the Scottish language. Your making more difficult by the day for me to admit I'm an Andy Murry fan.
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Post by tbln930 »

Figure 300 miles from the windy city. o_O Some real nice houses that you will find quite a bit more reasonable than say Hinsdale - my old stomping grounds.
homie wrote:The motorcycle looks efficient but THIS is the coolest thing short of the real one. I wouldn't park by it in a micro burst but seriously awesome theme for the estates. How close to Chicago are you, I would like to have a look at that property myself. I pity the drunk who comes around the curve and hits that fist pillar :lol:
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure (Metallic Thunder Gray) - Sold

2013 Honda PCX 150 (Candy Rose Red) - Sold

SECoda/tbln930
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

tbln930 wrote:Figure 300 miles from the windy city. o_O Some real nice houses that you will find quite a bit more reasonable than say Hinsdale - my old stomping grounds.
homie wrote: How close to Chicago are you, I would like to have a look at that property myself.
That's 10 dollars in fuel I don't know 8)
Walrus
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Walrus »

Here's another former bike I wish I still had.
Walrus
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Walrus »

I came to the forum to learn about new scooters from you folks who have tried them for awhile. Look fellas all I did was post a photo of my other bike in the other bike section. I have no idea why some feel the compulsion to attack, criticize or degrade. If somebody posts a photo of a Zundapp, a Briggs & Stratton mini-bike or whatever, just enjoy. Why all the ugly?
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Walrus wrote:Why all the ugly?
Most motorcyclists in most of the world just can't abide Harleys.
Simple as that.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Walrus
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Walrus »

gn2 wrote:
Walrus wrote:Why all the ugly?
Most motorcyclists in most of the world just can't abide Harleys.
Simple as that.
Ok. you go ahead and be ugly, it appears you like to do that. Even though it makes no sense, to make you happy I will agree that American motorcycles are terrible and Harley has survived since 1903, served in two world wars and still enjoys worldwide sales and following due only to dumb luck and government support, how's that? Moving on to a more positive discussion perhaps you can share with the readers the illustrious achievements of the Scottish motorcycle industry? :lol:
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Walrus wrote:I assumed the "and a" in the sentence made it clear enough, but I will clarify for you since we are devolving into silly. BMW is German, the bike was an older 1200 touring model. BMW I have been told Kymco of China is making engines for a couple of BMW bikes these days. Forgive apparently I don't have a good command of the Scottish language. Your making more difficult by the day for me to admit I'm an Andy Murry fan.
It's clear that you are just now relying on a very poor command of English.

I appreciate your comments on the Scottish, but I'm from England.

Two distinct countries

I think it's Andy Murray but again I bow to your expertise.

Do Harleys make you stupid?
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tbln930 »

Harley Ownership has officially jumped the shark some time ago but it is slow to sink in.... The dealers all know it and are adding the alternatives as they can.

The growth in motorcycles in the US last year was primarily dual sport and off-road. Of the on-hwy sales Harley lagged significantly from previous years. Harley just flipped COO's (forced retirement) in response to the ongoing decline. They cut growth estimates again for 2015 citing competition. Harleys are not the investment they once were. Used ones have become a dime a dozen.

If you own the stock sell it now before the bleeding become even more profuse.
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

SECoda/tbln930
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Walrus wrote:perhaps you can share with the readers the illustrious achievements of the Scottish motorcycle industry? :lol:
Arthur Davidson was a Scot.
Ergo there would be no Harley Davidson without Scotland.
(and Harley was English)

Also Triumph, often regarded as a Great British Brand was founded by two Germans.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Walrus
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Walrus »

you you wrote:
Walrus wrote:I assumed the "and a" in the sentence made it clear enough, but I will clarify for you since we are devolving into silly. BMW is German, the bike was an older 1200 touring model. BMW I have been told Kymco of China is making engines for a couple of BMW bikes these days. Forgive apparently I don't have a good command of the Scottish language. Your making more difficult by the day for me to admit I'm an Andy Murry fan.
It's clear that you are just now relying on a very poor command of English.

I appreciate your comments on the Scottish, but I'm from England.

Two distinct countries

I think it's Andy Murray but again I bow to your expertise.

Do Harleys make you stupid?
Well I never claimed to be an English grammar major, and I don't have time in my life to look up spelling for every post, please forgive. I didn't know someone was grading my paper. Your mommy must be proud! Also my error, since you listed your residence as the center of the universe I should have known you were a British. I rather doubt that Harleys have a detrimental effect on ones intelligence level. Yes I do own a globe, thank you for the geography lesson. Does being from England make you hateful and rude? BTW wonderful screen name you have.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:
Walrus wrote:perhaps you can share with the readers the illustrious achievements of the Scottish motorcycle industry? :lol:
(and Harley was English)

Also Triumph, often regarded as a Great British Brand was founded by two Germans.

Wasn't Indian Scottish for a while?
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tbln930 »

Swedish... Oscar Hedstrom. I test rode one today. ;) Not loud and obnoxious like a Harley.

SECoda/tbln930
Walrus
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Walrus »

gn2 wrote:
(and Harley was English)

I have always wanted a Bonneville but don't have a good dealer nearby. Many over here are from British decent.
Good historical information about Harley and Davidson. I guess Scotland would be a province of Germany without American GIs riding Harleys. Perhaps you saved yourselves and didn't know it! What bikes did you say Scotland was producing today?
Walrus
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Walrus »

Kinda sounds like you're saying Scotland's most illustrious contribution to the motorcycle industry's is some connection to the family that started Harley Davidson! How can you ever bear the shame?
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Walrus wrote:
gn2 wrote:
(and Harley was English)

I have always wanted a Bonneville but don't have a good dealer nearby. Many over here are from British decent.
Good historical information about Harley and Davidson. I guess Scotland would be a province of Germany without American GIs riding Harleys. Perhaps you saved yourselves and didn't know it! What bikes did you say Scotland was producing today?

I'm not sure many GIs rode around Scotland saving it. You are funny.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

tbln930 wrote:Swedish... Oscar Hedstrom. I test rode one today. ;) Not loud and obnoxious like a Harley.

I thought the previous reincarnation was Scottish?
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

tbln930 wrote:Swedish... Oscar Hedstrom. I test rode one today. ;) Not loud and obnoxious like a Harley.

Or their admirers :D