My Other Bike

The tragic place where threads go to die...

Moderator: Modsquad

tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Re: My Other Bike

Post by tbln930 »

Jail time for such a travesty! o_O Don't tell anyone I test rode a Can Am Spyder last weekend. :oops:
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure (Metallic Thunder Gray) - Sold

2013 Honda PCX 150 (Candy Rose Red) - Sold

SECoda/tbln930
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

You can't ride a Can Am Spider because it dosn't tilt, you drive it.
Rigid trikes combine the worst of a bike with the worst of a car.
Truly hideous things.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tbln930 »

Interesting view. A retired couple in my wife's family is looking at his and hers ($$$) and wanted my opinion. :lol: It even had power assist on the steering. In my opinion it was like sitting on a couch in front of the TV except you were driving it around. This weekend I am test riding an Indian for a free t-shirt.
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

SECoda/tbln930
Walrus
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Walrus »

At a number of sporting events you will see some odd people stripped down with their bodies painted in school colors or like a flag, etc., wearing ridiculous garb, hats, and so forth. Those wierdos get all the press, photos, television coverage because us normally dressed people are boring and don't make good stories, magazine shoots or documentaries. The major bike rallies like Sturgis attract some real outlaw bikers and a number of people dressed in costume to attract the cameras. After its over the school teachers, coal miners, executives, cooks, etc. go back to their normal clothes and lives. Its like Mardi Gras in New Orleans. Do you think all city residents go about their day to day business looking that way? Most attendees do dress in the biker attire to attend, like at bicycle events they all wear spandex pants. Yes their are a few bad actors that get the press. All are nice to me when I ride in on a scooter or a Superglide. I use to attend Honda's national rally The "Honda Hoot" in Asheville North Carolina and guess what? They dressed in the same manner, pirate garb as some here call it. The rally was Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, BMW, Apriia, Victory, Buell and NO Harley! Attenders were motorcyclists wearing do rags, boots and vests. I love two wheel vehicles and all the people that share my passion for them, scooters, V twins, off road, motocross, etc. I don't look down on or bad mouth any segment. There is a brotherhood of two wheeled enthusiasts, lets learn from each other and help each other. Abraham Lincoln once said "I do not like that man, I must get to know him better."
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

There's a difference between the bikes and the people, its HD, Victory and Buell bikes I don't like.
There's knobheads ride all sorts, there's good folks ride all sorts.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tbln930 »

Here is what is going on with Harley. it used to be a strong growth company.

http://blog.motorcycle.com/2015/07/21/m ... _now_may15

SECoda/tbln930
Walrus
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Walrus »

Right, Harley profits/sales are down overall, down in the USA, up overseas, but still about 300 million profit going strong. They are facing competition at home. No longer a monopoly on the big American bike. Victory and now Indian are giving them some competition. A huge Polaris, Victory, Indian dealership just opened near my home. The Indian looks like a high quality bike, but even more expensive and heavier than most Harley's. Interesting is that trike sales in the USA are up about 30%. Harley is selling the only factory manufactured trike, the rest are kits. I've even seen a couple of scooter trikes made from Silverwing and Burgmans. Scooter sales in the USA are down considerably more than Harley. Dirt bikes, dual sports and adventure bikes seem to be the big sellers these days.
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tbln930 »

You Brits buying in on I rode to Stonehenge tonight?

SECoda/tbln930
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Walrus wrote:Right, Harley profits/sales are down overall
Maybe the government will just bail them out again.
If HD had to stand on its own two feet in a fair marketplace it would have disappeared ages ago.
If it wasn't for punitive import taxes and/or bail-out money it would be long dead.
The product is (and has always been) simply crap.
Walrus
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Walrus »

GN, bless your little pointed head; I don't know how much experience you have with Harley, but I beg to differ. Harley had serious quality control issues during the period they were owned by AMF, a bowling equipment company. So did Smity & Wesson when they were owned by a Brazillian company. Harley and Smith were purchased by better folks and today's products are as reliable as anything coming out of Asia these days. Don't knock it till you try it. I've owned different bikes and stay current. This summer alone I've ridden 5 different Harleys, several Asian bikes, ie Suzuki, Honda, Kawasaki and a BMW. Today's American bikes are great products. I am amazed that some people would rather cling to a popular myth than go out and learn for a themselves? Do you still believe that all Australians dress like Crocodile Dundee?
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

The motorcycle looks efficient but THIS is the coolest thing short of the real one. I wouldn't park by it in a micro burst but seriously awesome theme for the estates. How close to Chicago are you, I would like to have a look at that property myself. I pity the drunk who comes around the curve and hits that fist pillar :lol:
Attachments
stonehenge.jpg
stonehenge.jpg (206.39 KiB) Viewed 1231 times
Walrus
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Walrus »

tbln930 wrote:Jail time for such a travesty! o_O Don't tell anyone I test rode a Can Am Spyder last weekend. :oops:
I too must confess I rode a Can Am and it felt like a small sports car or go cart to me, but I hear many people who spend the time to get use to them enjoy riding them.. I tried a Honda Aero trike, it was more like a motorcycle and once you get accustomed to triking it's not bad. You have to handle them kinada like a snowmobile. I rode a Harley Tri Glide and it was awesome. I would buy the Tri Glide if I could spare the cash right now. If I can retire with health and buy one, the wife and I want to ride to the Florida Keys!
Walrus
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Walrus »

Loved those Stonehinge bike pics! I would like to ride around Great Britan and Europe someday.
JohnL
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart
Year: 2015
Color: Dark Red

Post by JohnL »

Walrus wrote: Do you still believe that all Australians dress like Crocodile Dundee?
My other shorts and shirts are khaki also :D :D :D
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Walrus wrote:Don't knock it till you try it.
Sorry but this is one of the biggst piles of bovine faeces ever uttered.
You do not need to try some things to know they are just plain wrong.
For instance: shoving broken glass up your arsehole.
Go on, give it a try.
Walrus
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Walrus »

I do know it takes a little talent to criticize particularly when you don't know the subject matter. I don't know why you would even want to go there? Also it appears you are reduced to spewing negativity and adolescent profanity and insults. It amazes me why you would feel it important to keep lashing out about something like that? Then again I wants heard one definition of an expert is someone who is read only one book on the subject. could that be you? Harleys and Hondas are good bIke's. Grow up!
j.d.b.
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red

Post by j.d.b. »

This WAS my other bike until several weeks ago. I sold it to join the Mild Bunch!Image
Walrus
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Walrus »

JDB, wow awesome bike! Love it.
Walrus
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Walrus »

Here is one of my former bikes I sold about a year ago. I rescued it from a barn, rebuilt some stuff and cleaned it up. Wish I still had it but don't have room for everything.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Walrus wrote:GN, bless your little pointed head; I don't know how much experience you have with Harley, but I beg to differ. Harley had serious quality control issues during the period they were owned by AMF, a bowling equipment company. So did Smity & Wesson when they were owned by a Brazillian company. Harley and Smith were purchased by better folks and today's products are as reliable as anything coming out of Asia these days. Don't knock it till you try it. I've owned different bikes and stay current. This summer alone I've ridden 5 different Harleys, several Asian bikes, ie Suzuki, Honda, Kawasaki and a BMW. Today's American bikes are great products. I am amazed that some people would rather cling to a popular myth than go out and learn for a themselves? Do you still believe that all Australians dress like Crocodile Dundee?

I'm pretty sure BMW aren't Asian but stand to be corrected by a man of experience