Hi Viz Modular to go with vest

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Hi Viz Modular to go with vest

Post by fish »

Purchased the first brigh colored, modular, helemt that fits both the size and shape of my head....with a sun visor that does not hit my glasses.
The XXXL NOLAN is sized like my XXXXL HJC white modular, but is a much better fit for my head shape.
These helmets have been around for about 4 yrs....are sold out in many shops, but can be found at big discounts over the orig. list price of $450.
Fish
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: Hi Viz Modular to go with vest

Post by Mel46 »

I have a yellow helmet but it isn't hi-viz. I am considering putting some reflective decals on it.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Cool fish! :) I've been wearing my hi-vis Nolan N-104 for awhile now. My head really likes the fit and I love the flip up/down (interior) sun visor (although it could be a tad darker for me). However...No more wearing sun glasses! And, as evening approaches you simply flip it up and look out your clear screen. No need to own or change out dark to clear screens! Fabulous invention! The modular style allows me to drink water easily. My full face Shoei Qwest is another story as far as drinking goes. But, I love my Qwest (in White) as well.

So fish, did you get, or do you plan to get the Nolan headset (B-4? Is that the one?)

My demo day. N-104 with hi-vis Firstgear mesh armor jacket (this jacket is okay. Revit brand is far better). "Can ya see me now?" :lol:
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (52.09 KiB) Viewed 1078 times
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

WhiteNoise wrote:Cool fish! :) I've been wearing my hi-vis Nolan N-104 for awhile now. My head really likes the fit and I love the flip up/down (interior) sun visor (although it could be a tad darker for me). However...No more wearing sun glasses! And, as evening approaches you simply flip it up and look out your clear screen. No need to own or change out dark to clear screens! Fabulous invention! The modular style allows me to drink water easily. My full face Shoei Qwest is another story as far as drinking goes. But, I love my Qwest (in White) as well.

So fish, did you get, or do you plan to get the Nolan headset (B-4? Is that the one?)

My demo day. N-104 with hi-vis Firstgear mesh armor jacket (this jacket is okay. Revit brand is far better). "Can ya see me now?" :lol:
I've got a shoei qwest too, don't have the drinking and presumably eating problems with it as I'd probably stop and take the helmet of first
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

2yous, what Shoei color?

(In the hot months' especially)...Taking my Qwest off to drink water as often as "I" do is a p.i.t.a.!!
My long straw up the chin opening works, but it's an annoying and tedious solution. For a longer day ride I Will wear the FF Qwest. But these days......
the Nolan has spoiled me :D Besides....I abhor hat hair (on me) and choose to hide it whilst consuming me beverage. Some folks look Cool with their hat hair and even Cooler with no hair. (I bet it is! :lol:
Calls me vain? Umm....I could be ;)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

WhiteNoise wrote:2yous, what Shoei color?

(In the hot months' especially)...Taking my Qwest off to drink water as often as "I" do is a p.i.t.a.!!
My long straw up the chin opening works, but it's an annoying and tedious solution. For a longer day ride I Will wear the FF Qwest. But these days......
the Nolan has spoiled me :D Besides....I abhor hat hair (on me) and choose to hide it whilst consuming me beverage. Some folks look Cool with their hat hair and even Cooler with no hair. (I bet it is! :lol:
Calls me vain? Umm....I could be ;)

It's white with a bit of blue and red I think. Hint of motorrad for the boxer cup. I can take a picture you want but it's covered in flies.

No hair is the way to go. Forget wash and go, just go :lol:
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Post by tbln930 »

Modulars are great but a bit heavy. My next helmet is going to be lighter (Under the 3-1/2 lbs my Gmax GM54S modular weighs), modular, and must work with my Sena unit. Airoh are the lightest and make a hi-viz but size only goes to XL.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle- ... eights.htm

http://www.airoh.com/helmets/modular_li ... ity#more-1
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure (Metallic Thunder Gray) - Sold

2013 Honda PCX 150 (Candy Rose Red) - Sold

SECoda/tbln930
drol343
Year: Forza 2014 ABS
Color: Forza Red

Post by drol343 »

Smart choices! Looks good!

I have a LS2 FF386 Hi-Vis Yellow Modular Helmet that has been fine for me.
I am particularly happy it has a Ratchet strap!
drol343 (USA)
Dennis
2014 Honda FORZA NSS300A
AKforza
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014 Forza
Color: red

Post by AKforza »

I have the N44 HI viz it has great visibility, pinlock, sunshade and good venting. I put the nb4+ comm unit in mine. It's Bluetooth compatible with any Bluetooth device so phone, GPS,or tablet is no problem. Intercom will connect with other manufacturers com units. Plays mp3 sound is good but not enough adjustment. Not a big fan of Nolans website for updates. Nolan makes a ok com product but could still use improvement IMHO. Helmut is slightly on the heavy side and not as quiet as I would like but overall a good design and they do stand out in a crowd.