Intro from Budapest

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Oyabun
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: `12,`15,`19
Color: black&black

Intro from Budapest

Post by Oyabun »

Hello Folks,
Good to see this community biulding around the PCX here.
I've been riding for quite some time, and then had to sell all my bikes when my first daughter was born due to pressure from my home boss to reduce chances of getting myself killed on the road. (I've had a few accidents both on track while club racing in superstock600 and on the road).
I've just got myself a PCX125 (which has been officially approved as SCOOTER, not a bike :-) for commuting to the city.
As per local regulations 125cc bikes up to 11kw can be driven with a limited A1 category licence. I could have bought a slightly stronger scooter, but I got in love with the agility of the PCX and I hope I can get my other half riding by getting her an above mentioned limited licence - therefore I'll officially stick to to the category and potentially make some performance mods later on.
I still have some bike specifc tools and a workshop to make the mods myself, but will ask questions around regarding experience of others.
Have fun and safe riding all of you.
Tamas a.k.a. Oyabun
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: Intro from Budapest

Post by homie »

Oyabun wrote: make some performance mods later on.
Welcome... yes you will learn much about the PCX and Forza here. If not directly from one who has done a mod then certainly some time spent reading in performance will catch you up to speed. Note in your travels through performance mods nothing is without consequence ;) The Honda PCX is precariously tuned and balanced from the factory for and mostly dedicated to fuel efficiency. Here in the US we don't care about that, but some can appreciate the unique beauty and simplicity of design in such compact form and function... this is where the PCX shines!

:lol: Chief says; Forza not so much... is like canoe without paddles
Attachments
mac&chief.jpg
mac&chief.jpg (8.92 KiB) Viewed 573 times
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

Hi, and welcome to the forums!
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
MikeP
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: White /red

Post by MikeP »

Welcome! Please post some pictures. I love to see the diverse culture of all our members and their scooters. Lots of info here and we are happy to share! :D
Happiness is two wheels and a full tank of gas!