New Forza 300 owner

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Hypnos
Year: 2015
Color: Red

New Forza 300 owner

Post by Hypnos »

Hello everyone,

I have owned a brand new red 2015 Forza 300 for the past 4 days, and so far I absolutely love it.

I started riding in Italy at the age of 14. My first scooter was a Vespa 50. Since then, I have owned several other ones, including a Honda Elite 250.

I have recently downgraded from a Suzuki Burgman 650. It's a great bike, but I no longer take long highway trips, and I wanted a more manageable and more fuel efficient scooter.

I am from Toronto, Canada.

Looking forward to learning and contributing to the forum.
MBMyer
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014

Re: New Forza 300 owner

Post by MBMyer »

Hello, Hypnos. I feel as though I should introduce myself as Thanatos or Memnos or something.

I, too, am new to the list. I just traded in my '03 Goldwing last Saturday and took delivery of a '14 Forza. My reasons are similar to yours. Although I had put 152K on the Leanabago's clock, only 6K of that was in 2013-14, and only 1K since January of this year. I realized that I had gone from an IBA rider (including a 50CC done in 45 hrs 20 minutes) to a commuter. It was time to downsize to something more responsible for the way I use my scoot.

Here in Columbia, SC, my scooter choices are limited to Honda & Suzuki. When I was ready to buy, there were no Burgman 400s in town to test ride, and the dealers could not say when they would be resupplied. So, I purchased my sixth Honda two-wheeler.

I miss the plush suspension of the Wing, but so far I am diggin' the Forza.

Pax et bonum,
Michael
Current ride: 2014 Forza bought new in mid-2015 with only 15K on the clock
Traded in: 2003 GL1800 with 152K and several IBA rides on the clock
6 other previous bikes
nearly 3/4 million miles logged
now just commuting instead of touring
wilbur
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014 Forza ABS
Color: The fast color

Post by wilbur »

When you get the Forza up to about 50-55mph, you get the plush suspension. It really settles down nicely.
Image, Image
MBMyer
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014

Post by MBMyer »

wilbur wrote:When you get the Forza up to about 50-55mph, you get the plush suspension. It really settles down nicely.
Yeah, I noticed that on the trip to/from Charlotte this week. The Forza really likes US highways, and I bet it will love the Blue Ridge Parkway.

But these days about 95% of my driving is on surface streets within 5 miles of my house. And, this being SC, an awful lot of those streets are in serious need of repair.

Pax et bonum,
Michael
Current ride: 2014 Forza bought new in mid-2015 with only 15K on the clock
Traded in: 2003 GL1800 with 152K and several IBA rides on the clock
6 other previous bikes
nearly 3/4 million miles logged
now just commuting instead of touring