Fork seal replacement cost

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Grady
Year: 2014
Color: silver grey

Fork seal replacement cost

Post by Grady »

I hit a nasty pothole a while back and created a leak in my Forza's fork seal. It was leaking out the left side, so riding was not a problem while I waited for my appointment at Honda. A right side leak will drip onto the front tire and make safe riding impossible. So, yesterday I got the call from Honda telling me my bike was ready. Bottom line: $318.47 to replace the seal.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: Fork seal replacement cost

Post by you you »

Grady wrote:I hit a nasty pothole a while back and created a leak in my Forza's fork seal. It was leaking out the left side, so riding was not a problem while I waited for my appointment at Honda. A right side leak will drip onto the front tire and make safe riding impossible. So, yesterday I got the call from Honda telling me my bike was ready. Bottom line: $318.47 to replace the seal.

Shit. Assfucked there mate but I guess you already know. 50 cents for a seal. $10 max at Honda prices and an hour job at most. At least you don't have 20% VAT
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

A single pothole impact shouldn't cause seal failure, but you shouldn't have mentioned the pothole and got it sorted under warranty.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Grady
Year: 2014
Color: silver grey

Post by Grady »

My 2014 warranty ran out in April :roll: and we have an evil 5% GST _ Goods and Services tax