Advice for anti theft

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

Vaclav
Year: 2016
Color: Red, PCX 150

Re: Advice for anti theft

Post by Vaclav »

Please, don't await too mach safety from Grip Lock or Brake Disk Lock :?
With simple protection like Grip Lock, will be good use (may be cheap) alarm and hidden GPS-tracker.

Thanks!
masator
Year: 2018
Color: Red

Post by masator »

Jge64 wrote:My new pcx will sit in a parking stall in a secure condo garage. I cannot chain it to anything. We had a scooter stolen last year, but it was poss an inside insurance job, for the most part it is a safe environment.

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas to add to my plan:

1. Front disc audible lock alarm
2. Naturally forks will be locked
3. 6 ' Cable thru back wheel and around footwell area
4. Generic cover over whole bike, no honda logo.

Advice?
I am using a chain, an alarmed U lock on the back wheel and alarmed disc lock. It might be too much but I dont trust insurance companies that they will pay off the claim and even if they do, they will rip you off when you try to insure the bike next time.
WI_Hedgehog
Powered by angry squirrels
Powered by angry squirrels
Year: 2017
Color: PearlDrkAshBlue

Post by WI_Hedgehog »

A heavy chain is cut with a portable grinder and a cutting wheel, not a torch. It's extremely fast.

Just about any method of locking your bike is defeated quickly, an alarming disk lock is defeated with a wet towel and wheeled tray (like a skateboard with an indent), front brake lock by cutting the brake line, etc. The hardest thing to defeat is a movement detector that's buried in the bike with a blinking LED, they can get to the battery and cut the cable but it's a bit more work and the alarm may have a battery backup. All in all, TWO methods of protection work best, like a cover (they don't steel what they can't see), and some sort of lock. Criminals like to do things quickly and easily, so oddly enough the cover winds up being the best protection because it slows them down the most if securely fastened. (It also protects your ride from sun, dust, rain, being sat on, etc.)
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

As for home security these wireless motion cams alert instantly to any movement around the bikes. Notification filters selected from the app (home, away, sleep) make them useful and much less annoying. Your smart phone wakes and alerts you when off property or out of state with an alarm and live video. No one gets near my putts without I see who and what they are doing. Footage is downloadable or automatically sent to the cloud for later review. Instant action and response so you'd better be quick and wear a mask if you want to avoid an encounter when approaching the Precious.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0753 ... UTF8&psc=1

yes you need access to a 110v outlet and be within your WYFI range. Zmodo also offers excellent doorbell cams that operate off the 12v system and have intercom. You can't talk to anyone with the 180 Zmodo like you can with the doorbell version.
Attachments
zmodo.jpg
zmodo.jpg (93.77 KiB) Viewed 875 times
garage.jpg
garage.jpg (129.68 KiB) Viewed 875 times
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Or perhaps keep a basket of apples and bananas nearby as a diversionary tactic. o_O

homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

haha... peanut allergies
Patkin3484
Year: 2015
Color: Gloss White

Post by Patkin3484 »

I fitted a datatool alarm system, it simply wires into the battery and detects movement with a 300db alarm. It also senses any voltage drop in the event the scum manage to get straight at your ignition. it comes with a sticker for the dash and a flashing LED it was about £80 in the UK easy DIY installation and is activated by a key fob including a panic mode.