tmax

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

sean

tmax

Post by sean »

I see the Yamaha Tmax is available in the US this year. One thing it would do easily is cruise the interstates at 80-85 mph. That's the one thing the Forza can't do that I would like. Yes, cruising 70-75 with short spurts at 80 is fine, but not 2 hr at 80-85. But the Tmax is $11,000 and only gets 46 mpg.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: tmax

Post by gn2 »

Burgman 400?
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
kcpcx
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Candy Rosy Red

Post by kcpcx »

I can't believe Yamaha brought a $10,500 scooter to the US market without ABS.
'88 BMW R100RT
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Post by tbln930 »

And the seat has a hump. :o
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure (Metallic Thunder Gray) - Sold

2013 Honda PCX 150 (Candy Rose Red) - Sold

SECoda/tbln930
speedandstyle
Regular User
Regular User

Post by speedandstyle »

As an owner of a Burgman 400 it can certainly do those speeds, but just{90mph is top on stock rollers - sliders have been reported to give an extra 5mph}. However, if you are going to spend what Yamaha wants for the T-Max might as well get a Burgman 650 and be more comfortable and have more storage{also be way more comfortable if you have a passenger}. The T-Max looks like tons of fun on the twisties but not for touring{IMHO}.
kcpcx
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Candy Rosy Red

Post by kcpcx »

The more I think about it, for $11,000 I would buy a really nice used Burgman 400 or Forza, AND a clean Honda ST 1100 or BMW R1150RT or Honda NT700V, AND a pristine used PCX150. Substitute a KLR650 into any one of those three slots depending on your riding needs. But you could easily have a very clean 3-bike used fleet of small scooter, large scooter and traditional motorcycle for that kind of $.
'88 BMW R100RT
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

kcpcx wrote:you could easily have a very clean 3-bike used fleet of small scooter, large scooter and traditional motorcycle for that kind of $.
But none of them would be a Tmax.
If you really want a Tmax anything else is no good.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:
kcpcx wrote:you could easily have a very clean 3-bike used fleet of small scooter, large scooter and traditional motorcycle for that kind of $.
If you really want a Tmax anything else is no good.

Isn't any good. Didn't you go to school?
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

you you wrote: Didn't you go to school?
Yes I did and in the English class they tried to teach me the scribblings of some dead arsehole called Shakespeare.
His writing was almost totally incomprehensible, everything had to be explained because it was not wrote how people write nowadays.
The one thing I did take away from my English classes is that language isn't fixed and rigid, it changes over time.
speedandstyle
Regular User
Regular User

Post by speedandstyle »

gn2 wrote:
Get a Yamaha Smax, it is only one letter different! :lol: