New speaker

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: New speaker

Post by WhiteNoise »

Sorry Hypnos, I interrupted your question :|
Welcome to our forum(s) and enjoy your New scoot!! :P
I'm interested in the answer to your question as well.
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
MBMyer
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014
Color: Red

Post by MBMyer »

I saw this mod and ordered one. In my collection of pix in the gas gauge thread, you can even see it stuck down to the dash in one picture.

Yeah, FM reception is pretty bad, and here in the Deep South, where all our power lines are overhead, I lose a lot depending on where in town I am. Paring with the phone was very simple, and I can scoot along with a playlist or a podcast running with very little difficulty. I have a dual USB adapter plugged into the power supply (cigarette lighter port) in the left fairing pocket, and can run with both the phone and the speaker plugged in & charging.

Were I on a longer run and wanting to listen to an audio book or somesuch, I think I would just stick with earbuds, which also block quite a bit of wind noise. But for short hops, I like this little gem quite a bit. Just find a strong-signalled station you like and leave it set.

Pax et bonum,
Michael
Current ride: 2014 Forza bought new in mid-2015 with only 15K on the clock
Traded in: 2003 GL1800 with 152K and several IBA rides on the clock
6 other previous bikes
nearly 3/4 million miles logged
now just commuting instead of touring
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

WhiteNoise wrote:
you you wrote:
WhiteNoise wrote:Hey, ...."I'm So Excited!" :P
I upgraded my iPod 3rd generation yesterday and bought an iPod 7 - 16gb at BestBuy.
It has Bluetooth capability! 8)

You bought an iPod? And discovered Bluetooth?

:D :D

DVDs are going to be so exciting
:lol: < You're making wrinkles on my face > :lol:
FYI...Recently threw out my 8 tracks, it broke me heart. Not my Cassettes and wallowing in CD's. :lol:
Today raining, sooo I'll be DVD'ing tonight. Any you, 2yous? Taking the fam on a wkend trip in yer RV? :D

I am. Trip to the seaside in the schoolbus :D
MBMyer
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014
Color: Red

Post by MBMyer »

Hypnos wrote:Up until what speed can you go, and still be able to hear the music in normal city traffic?
I've been playing with this a bit. The other day I loaded up a spoken podcast and, despite occasional losses when someone spoke more quietly, I was able to follow the discussion up to about 45 mph. The FM is more problematic in my area because of all the overhead power lines.

I'll try to remember to check for things like 1) possible improvement in FM reception by leaving the charging cable plugged in and 2) using a playlist from my mp4 players rather than broadcast radio.
Current ride: 2014 Forza bought new in mid-2015 with only 15K on the clock
Traded in: 2003 GL1800 with 152K and several IBA rides on the clock
6 other previous bikes
nearly 3/4 million miles logged
now just commuting instead of touring