drivetrain upgrade?

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

Kevoz
Year: 2013
Color: black

drivetrain upgrade?

Post by Kevoz »

Greetings! I have recently sold off my GL1800 and bought a 2013 PCX150 with only 120 miles on the clock, this will be for camping mostly, since I have had my fill of cross country touring on the big bike. We (wife and I) are readying for her retirement gathering our travel gear. My question, being used to a clutch and instant feel for the engine, I am a bit not liking the lag from engine to drivetrain time with twist of the throttle. What is the best way I can go about bringing the engage rpm closer off idle so I wont have to wait for it to catch up?
TIA,
Kevo
2013 Honda PCX 150
1979 Honda CB750UltraK

Cheers,
Kevo
stryder123
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 forza
Color: Red

Re: drivetrain upgrade?

Post by stryder123 »

If you want that go back to a clutch and tranny bike. My suggestion is to put some miles on the bike and I bet you will find yourself loving the fact you don't have to shift gears anymore.
Kevoz

Post by Kevoz »

no, that's not it, I just want the clutch to engage a little quicker. I see all the available drivetrain parts and have no idea yet what they help. I still have a bike with a clutch and never ride it anymore, just no time, this PCX will be mainly for camping and short jaunts in town.
2013 Honda PCX 150
1979 Honda CB750UltraK

Cheers,
Kevo
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150

Post by sendler2112 »

The momentary lag that you feel is programmed into the fuel ECU to make the bike less jumpy to the throttle around parking lots and to take it easy on the clutch shoes every time you take off. I'm quite certain a PCX will smoke any Goldwing in a drag race from 0-20 mph anyway. But you can make it quicker by increasing the pulling rpm of the trans action by using 12gm DrPulley sliders or rollers.
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

sendler2112 wrote:The momentary lag that you feel is programmed into the fuel ECU to make the bike less jumpy to the throttle around parking lots and to take it easy on the clutch shoes every time you take off. I'm quite certain a PCX will smoke any Goldwing in a drag race from 0-20 mph anyway. But you can make it quicker by increasing the pulling rpm of the trans action by using 12gm DrPulley sliders or rollers.
The M-Factory racing vario dismisses that ecu myth..it has no lag!
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150

Post by sendler2112 »

I would have to see that. What we are feeling is clearly a fuel/ ignition timing decision that Honda has made to make the scooter less jumpy around parking lots. I'm describing the subtle reduction in power that you notice for the first second on launch from a stop.
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

sendler2112 wrote:I would have to see that. What we are feeling is clearly a fuel/ ignition timing decision that Honda has made to make the scooter less jumpy around parking lots. I'm describing the subtle reduction in power that you notice for the first second on launch from a stop.
Hehe as I said, change to that vario and lag is no more. As I remember right, kitaco vario was no lag as well but it's top speed was same as stock so it wasn't worth while upgrading to but mfr gives you all, no lag takeoff and higher top end..besides say Daytona vario can be tuned for no lag as well with a small washer but that's getting complicated for some..
Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by Valiant »

Wasn't the washer that eliminated the lag, it was the Takegawa stiffer center spring, which I HOPE is what's causing my issues.
Kevoz

Post by Kevoz »

:roll: thanks for all the replies, I will learn all the tricks/terms soon. And as far as the drag race goes, you've never seen my wing burnouts! LOL.....
Going to purchase a Yamaha Vino 125 for wifee tomorrow!

btw, is there a way to post pics? :roll:
2013 Honda PCX 150
1979 Honda CB750UltraK

Cheers,
Kevo
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »