FIRST SERVICE

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Re: FIRST SERVICE

Post by iceman »

you you wrote:
jojo87 wrote:That's the thing, was charging me £202 for 1 Service otherwise :-/
collection - service - drop off
but for £399 I get all that... 5 TIMES!
But the vouchers run out after two years from purchase. You bike won't need servicing five times in that period.
From the service check-list in this thread, it shows items against mileage only yet the owners manual states every 6 months or mileage whatever comes first, which according to Honda and to keep the UK warranty would be five services in 2 yrs (600 being the exception to the 6 month rule). If you do 2000 miles in a year and thus miss some services, unless you get your service book stamped by a dealer 5 times in 2 yrs, the UK warranty is void, or so it would seem. A way to get dealers money and to get Honda off the hook if you get major problems.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

iceman wrote:
you you wrote:
But the vouchers run out after two years from purchase. You bike won't need servicing five times in that period.
From the service check-list in this thread, it shows items against mileage only yet the owners manual states every 6 months or mileage whatever comes first, which according to Honda and to keep the UK warranty would be five services in 2 yrs (600 being the exception to the 6 month rule). If you do 2000 miles in a year and thus miss some services, unless you get your service book stamped by a dealer 5 times in 2 yrs, the UK warranty is void, or so it would seem. A way to get dealers money and to get Honda off the hook if you get major problems.
Mines three years old. Never seen a dealer after the day I picked it up. Runs perfectly
jojo87
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2015 Honda MSX
Color: Red

Post by jojo87 »

Well I did just over 600 miles in 3 months, in Winter,
come the Summer i'll be on it for hours on end every day.

What are the actual miles that it has to go in....

600 - ? - ? - ? .....
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by iceman »

Listed in the maintenance schedule in the first page of this thread and owners manual. Basically 600, 2500, 5000 . . .
jojo87
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by jojo87 »

Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

you you wrote:
iceman wrote:
you you wrote: But the vouchers run out after two years from purchase. You bike won't need servicing five times in that period.
Mines three years old. Never seen a dealer after the day I picked it up. Runs perfectly

Have you fitted the 10g sliders yet? And are they awesome?
jojo87
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by jojo87 »

To keep the Warranty the book needs to be stamped by a Dealer I believe,
and I have issues with the Bike so it needs to go in anyway to be looked at and hopefully sorted under the Warranty,
but i'm at 629 miles now so needs to be Serviced,
might as well have 1 place to it all,
and £399 for 5 Services, free pick ups and drop offs etc,
what the hell... paid and sorted, just have to wait until the 22nd for it to be picked up.
ScooteringAbout
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by ScooteringAbout »

Keep us updated? just put 120miles on mine today.

Center of Manchester, Friday evening peak time... i must have been mad.
aka DrewJW
jojo87
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by jojo87 »

Will do...
they said they sell that Service Plan when they sell Bikes to their Customers and the 5 Services comes to the 2 years....
I don't really work mine out with times as with all my Bikes I get to the miles first,
for example now, I bought my PCX in February and it's done about 630 miles now (waiting for it to be picked up on the 22nd)
and that's during winter'ish times when I haven't really been out out on much,
so come the Summer, i'll be clocking up a lot of miles every day, so I usually get to the miles rather than time (every 6 months or whatever)
ScooteringAbout
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Got mine early April, already clocked up 1,040 miles!. Really hope they sort that niggle out for you.
aka DrewJW
jojo87
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by jojo87 »

Me too! getting collected tomorrow, supposed to have it back on the 26th if they haven't got to wait for anything from Honda,
hopefully they do the Service properly, and i'm really really really hoping they find the 2 other issues, especially the Throttle noise.

That's the main thing that stops me wanting to go out and enjoy the ride,
especially as my favourite place to ride is through the Country lanes etc,
and the Bike noises are louder there and echo more, so it's really annoying!

Just wondering, will putting a different Exhaust on there effect Warranty?
and is there anything else I can add myself which would be better...
for example, a better Spark Plug that Honda/Dealer will use...
or the Rollers...? (anything that the Dealer themselves wont do)
jojo87
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by jojo87 »

Asked whether it was being dropped back today, had an email saying:

Code: Select all

We have had the bike out on an extensive test ride by two of our technicians we have found a knock/rattle between about 25/35mph on light throttle this then goes away when more or less throttle is applied. However we are in the process of speaking to The Honda Technical department regarding this. Unfortunately, It is unlikely the bike will be delivered back today. We will e-mail you in due course to keep you fully updated on what we will be doing to your vehicle. 
I had to email back to tell them that the rattle is constant whenever the Throttle is pulled, and not just between 25/35mph,
no reply, but just have to sit and wait I suppose, really getting to me though, missing out on a lot of good weather!
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by iceman »

So, they were riding two-up were they :) - good that they have at least admitted the problem is there rather than fob end-users off.
jojo87
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by jojo87 »

Another reply today, rather gutted though :-(

Honda technical team have now given us the authorisation to strip the engine down on your bike and investigate the sound fully. As this isn’t a small job we are currently trying to manage our service diary so that we can get a technician on this without interruption as the last thing I would want is for parts to be off the bike and get damaged whilst this is ongoing. We will keep you fully updated along this process and hope to have an update for you by Wednesday next week. Any alteration to this we will contact you immediately via this e-mail.
Update by Wednesday, another week+ without it...
being my only way to get around, it's rather annoying, but obviously good it's getting sorted, well.... hopefully get sorted! fingers crossed.
ScooteringAbout
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Even more curious now as to what it could be.
aka DrewJW
waybar
Regular User
Regular User

Post by waybar »

The maintenance schedule that is posted at the beginning of this thread is different from the one in both my owners manual
and service manual that I purchased. Maybe different countries have a different maintenance schedule. But after the first 600 mile service my
next maintenance isn't due until 4000 miles, and then every 4000 miles after that. In kilometers it would be 1 km, and then
at 6.4 km's and every 6.4 km's after that. This is for the USA.
jojo87
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by jojo87 »

Hat another email yesterday...

I am glad to inform you the tests Honda Technical team have asked us to carry out on your vehicle have been submitted and our service manager Tony Hayes will be speaking with them tomorrow. We will then have more information on a diagnostic procedure and will be able to give you more information about what we will be doing to resolve this issue for you. As soon as we have this information you will be the first to know as we look to get this resolved as quickly as possible so we can get the vehicle back to yourself. We do apologise about the delay in this process but can ensure you all the necessary steps are being taken to get this resolved as quickly as possible.
Been without it for nearly 3 weeks now (3 weeks Friday)
wow, that's gone fast!
ScooteringAbout
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Never know they may give you another bike!
aka DrewJW
jojo87
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by jojo87 »

Doubt they will, they seem pretty sure they'll get this one sorted...
plus i'd want my bar and mirror back,
plus the money for new grips, and the wheel decals from Italy!
itcaptainslow
Regular User
Regular User
Year: Forza 125 2015
Color: White/blue

Post by itcaptainslow »

you you wrote:

Depends how many miles he does. If like me he does circa 8k per annum it's well worth it.