FIRST SERVICE

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

jojo87
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2015 Honda MSX
Color: Red

Re: FIRST SERVICE

Post by jojo87 »

she*

and they STILL have my Bike :-(
better get it back soon, been just over 3 weeks now!
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

Scandalous - if it has a major fault and takes ages to trace, then it's not fit for purpose as it's not on the road it's spending it's life at the dealers - they own it more than you! I would ask trading standards for advice.
jojo87
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by jojo87 »

They had it the first week to find a fault, then waited the 2nd to get word from Honda to strip the Engine, last week I was told they were waiting on some Service guy, I emailed them a few days ago asking for any update and when i'd be likely to have it back as it's my only source of transport (which they knew anyway) but no reply back yet.
jojo87
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by jojo87 »

Just got an email.... looks like the crankshaft is being replaced... even though they aren't sure where the rattle is coming from and what's causing it, they're replacing the crankshaft for whatever reason, so the rattle still might be there after the replaced part....

Code: Select all

Thank you for your e mail, I am sorry for the length of time this is taking, we have fully stripped the bike and been communication with Honda’s technical team giving them various measurements and information. Whilst we could hear the noise and accept that it was inconsistent when compared to our demonstrator, the strip has not revealed anything that would obviously be at fault, or outside of tolerance.

Having been speaking to Honda however and describing the symptoms and also having gone so far, they would like us to replace the crankshaft as a precaution. I have therefore placed a warranty request for the relevant parts on the system this afternoon. I am hoping that we will receive these within the next couple of days so we can get the bike reassembled and back to you.

Thank you for your patience, I will keep you updated as the repair progresses.
ScooteringAbout
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by ScooteringAbout »

Lets hope they can crank up the speed and get her back to you!
aka DrewJW
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

DrewJW wrote:Lets hope they can crank up the speed and get her back to you!

Hope so because ordering a crankshaft probably isn't an overnight thing. And then there is the issue that it's probably isn't going to really have a rattle. Well done honda and the dealer here. Difficult job

Bless you
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

DrewJW wrote:Lets hope they can crank up the speed and get her back to you!

Boom boom :lol: