PCX150 to Forza 300

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

java
Year: 2015
Color: white

PCX150 to Forza 300

Post by java »

I currently use a PCX 150. I love the thing. However I am a big guy and I just feel I need a bit more power and torque as well as something with a meatier feel. I live in Bangkok where test riding bikes is a little frowned upon and the dealers rarely have one available. Do you Forza owners think I will notice a profound difference in power delivery and general performance if I change up to the Forza 300 ?
I am not worried about fuel economy. I would just like more acceleration mainly .
I know the figures suggest this.
But will the riding experience show a marked difference?
Reaper
Regular User
Regular User

Re: PCX150 to Forza 300

Post by Reaper »

Forza 300 is heavier than pcx150, so the difference in performance will not be as twice as the engine capacity is.
IMHO pcx is a city scooter, forza is better for longer trips on the highways, because of it's longer wheelbase, etc..
I was in Thailand a couple weeks ago and took a new 2015 forza300 for rent, imho, forza300 is not that aggressive bike as the pcx.
But it is more comfortable bike! I didn't like the suspension work of the forza300, way too soft and no clear understanding where are the limits of this bike on the road.
If you are looking for the performance scooter- go for Yamaha T-MAX530, no quastions about it.

But, for the city driving, mostly of course in the traffic, I'd stick to the pcx. I just feel ok when I am on it! Big bikes are not that easy to drive in the traffic.
I am a big guy too, 190cm 110kgs. Sometimes I hate the pcx hump seat, but for short trips it is no problem at all.
stryder123
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 forza
Color: Red

Post by stryder123 »

You are looking at a big investment. Go rent one for a day and get a good feel of what it's like to own one before you buy one.
java

Post by java »

stryder123 wrote:You are looking at a big investment. Go rent one for a day and get a good feel of what it's like to own one before you buy one.

I thought of that but there isn't one to rent in Bangkok :)
dergav
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014
Color: grey

Post by dergav »

Java..I have never ridden a PCX150 so my comments may not be helpful?
However...I came back to riding 5 years ago when I retired and for a bit of fun I bought a year old Honda SWing (125cc)...just a great bike and I cannot praise it highly enough...Last August I traded it in for a Forza300...got a great deal...but was apprehensive ...Had I done the right thing?.....Well there is no doubt in my mind and after 3500 mls riding since last August ( and that includes a Scottish winter!) I have made the correct decision..On one Forum site there was a comment that the Forza was way too heavy for its engine size and that nearly put me off...I am so glad it didnt as I find the extra weight of the Forza just great...gives me more confidence when driving at speed as it seems to sit the road much better and also better in cross winds...While I loved my SWing and never thought I would find an improvement but I have in the Forza.
I appreciate that I am comparing my Forza experience to the SWing and not a PCX 150.....so my comments may not help you a lot...Other than I find the Forza a tremendous bike with all the power and maneuverability I need for City and rural riding.
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Surely in Bangkok you have a bazillion well made Asian 250-350 scooters to look at, rather than just the pricey Forza!?
Any 300cc scooter will give you all the power and solid ride you're looking for, compared to the small pcx.
Fish
java

Post by java »

I'm not an experienced rider, although I had a few bikes in my 20s, I am 60 now. I really like the PCX 150 and mine is only just over a month old. Depreciation on vehicles is really low here, so selling it for not too much less than the new price, with only 1000 KM on the clock won't be a problem. I just feel that there is virtually no acceleration from over 60 KPH, this makes me feel a little vulnerable when cruising at that speed. I am unlikely to ride much faster on a bigger bike, but I would feel safer with a little power in reserve at tat sort of pace. I am reasonably convinced that it will. I have calculated on the basis of power to weight ratio that the Forza should have around 35% more power in practice. I am wondering if that will have the desired effect or if I will buy the Forza and then realise that what I really needed to do was dig up a whole lot more money and buy the T max 530, or even the Integra 700.
I am hoping that when cruising at about 60 KPH I can pull away to 80/90 KPH at a reasonably satisfying pace.
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Ok, you might benefit from reading posts by 300cc class scooter owners.
Most everyone I've read finds them crazy about their scooters.....plent of power, stupid fast speeds up to 90+mph. Not light, but light enough for urban riding ....and plenty of poop when accelerating out on the open road.
Kymcoforum.com has a bunch of 300 owners talking about their scooters.
More cc is always quicker.....bur more than 300 in an urban Asian setting seems like overkill.
Fish. ...(older than you and thoroughly enjoying a 300 scoot.)
Beboman
Color: red

Post by Beboman »

Hi all new to the forum (but been lurking for months). I got my Forza yesterday!
I'm a larger guy (6' 4"), at 240 lbs... the Forza fits me just fine ergonomically, and surprisingly moves my big butt just fine on the freeway
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black

Post by dasshreddar »

Beboman wrote:Hi all new to the forum (but been lurking for months). I got my Forza yesterday!
I'm a larger guy (6' 4"), at 240 lbs... the Forza fits me just fine ergonomically, and surprisingly moves my big butt just fine on the freeway
Hey neighbor, just to the north 8) I'm about the same size as you and I too just picked up a forza :)
do the ergonomics fit me? :lol: not even close... but I can change them to fit my needs ;)
Beboman
Color: red

Post by Beboman »

Ergo-wise I may feel different about the comfort after I've ridden it a bit more (I only have 20 miles on her). I know I can always mod the seat, and mess with the bar height.
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Beboman wrote:Ergo-wise I may feel different about the comfort after I've ridden it a bit more (I only have 20 miles on her). I know I can always mod the seat, and mess with the bar height.
Soon as I got home from the dealer I got out the allen wrench and got the brake levers off of my knees, then leveled the brake fluid reservoirs so that the bubble position meant something realistic, and slid the mountings as far out-board as possible to get the most out of the mirrors. Discovered from BRed that I could not rotate the horn button down to a usable position due to pin & hole mounting on the bar.....so, in times of need I cancel my turn signals at offending drivers - which they never notice because my signals weren't activated to begin with. This horn button is an ergonomic failing on Honda bikes, too. Nice button - wrong place.
Fish
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

fish wrote:This horn button is an ergonomic failing on Honda bikes, too. Nice button - wrong place.
Fish
Nonsense.
The indicators get used much more often and the switch is in the optimum location.
Using the horn is a waste of time, it either just pisses other people off and/or delays you getting on the brakes.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
java

Post by java »

I took the plunge and picked up my Forza 300 yesterday evening. Loving it so far, report and photos to follow. First impression; it reminds me of stepping back into my S 500 after driving my wife's C class for a while. Very relaxed, the extra torque is lovely . More later :-)
java

Post by java »

Done a few hundred KM on the Forza now. I am very pleased with it. Loving the extra power and in particular the extra torque. I am satisfied that I now have the perfect scooter for city riding. It feels safe and stable. The ABS is a great bonus and so is the extra storage space.

My three year old wants to ride it when she is bigger :-)

gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

By the time she's big enough it will probably be scrap.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
ScooteringAbout
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by ScooteringAbout »

gn2 wrote:By the time she's big enough it will probably be scrap.
Someone needs mummy.
aka DrewJW
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

gn2 wrote:
fish wrote:This horn button is an ergonomic failing on Honda bikes, too. Nice button - wrong place.
Fish
Nonsense.
The indicators get used much more often and the switch is in the optimum location.
Using the horn is a waste of time, it either just pisses other people off and/or delays you getting on the brakes.
No, Honda would do well to listen to veteran bike reviewers, who mention this fault frequently, or study a Kymco scooter to see how it should be done.
Fish
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Veteran bike reviewers are not the best people to comment on this matter.
Old twats just don't like change.
Hence why bike and scooter development is so painfully slow.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:Veteran bike reviewers are not the best people to comment on this matter.
Old twats just don't like change.
Hence why bike and scooter development is so painfully slow.

We appreciate the self realisation, I'm sure..